Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times

Advertisements

I saw S'Man for the first time last nite .It was pretty good I must admit.My son loved it.He cant wait to tell all his 10yr old pals about eating "ant bums",he thought that was a hoot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 01:38 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I like survivorman he shows emotion, man vs wild has had some good shows but I hear he cheats, the one in the Sierras was over the top when he tried to ride a wild horse, he would have never got that close if it was truely wild.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:38 PM

87 posts, read 383,186 times
We like Man vs. Wild better than Survivorman, just because Bear Grylls is our personal preference. But we watch Survivorman too. Les is very smart also about surviving in the wilderness. It can get kinda freaky to watch them eat nasty stuff to survive, but we really enjoy learning about nature and how to build a tent or how to cook fish in a handmade sand pit. That was neat!

Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 AM

3,225 posts, read 14,063,220 times
Bear is HOT and manly - but I have to admit, I was bummed when I read the show isn't as it appears. It's not as "rough and rugged" and I don't know if he "cheats" but I hear it's misleading... too bad.

Suvivorman is pretty good.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
My husband loves both shows. I prefer Survivorman myself. I can't stomach watching Bear Grylls eat a live fish. Why can't he at least kill it first?

The other thing I don't understand is this...why do they find it necessary to build their fire and then have to move it in their bare hands. Why not just build the fire where they want it to be?

Old 10-12-2007, 04:37 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
I wouldn't say I'm addicted to them, but I do enjoy watching them. You can learn quite a bit from them.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:54 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I watch it. The one thing that gets me on Survivorman is that the guy films it himself. He films himself climbing a mountain, then he has to go back and get the camera, than climb back up the mountain. That would really be annoying.
But that's what makes Survivorman the real deal. He really goes out in the wilderness alone and has to survive on his own. I'm not addicted, but I do enjoy watching the occasional episode of Survivorman. Didn't like Man vs. Wild so much even before we learned it's largely staged. It's not surprising to get that bit of disappointing news because Bear does some things that I guess are meant to be attention-getters, but are too risky to look like anything you would really do if you were alone in the wilderness. That's why I've never liked Man as much as Survivorman even from the beginning. The unreasonable risks made it look kind of staged even before the news got out that it was. Survivorman seems more like the real deal.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:23 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
My husband loves both shows. I prefer Survivorman myself. I can't stomach watching Bear Grylls eat a live fish. Why can't he at least kill it first?

The other thing I don't understand is this...why do they find it necessary to build their fire and then have to move it in their bare hands. Why not just build the fire where they want it to be?
Starting a fire can be very difficult. Things like the weather and lack of material to start a fire can make it so that once your initial fire goes out you may not be able to have another one. They will then transfer the fire or try to pack some coals tightly and carry them to the next place they go to in the hopes to rekindle the fire again.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:28 AM

5 posts, read 7,595 times
I watch both. Really enjoy them.

"FREE ELLEN'S IGGY" DOG T-SHIRT PETS ANIMAL RIGHTS - (eBay item 150173238577 end time Oct-25-07 05:08:49 PDT) (broken link)

Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
Our whole family watches both Friday nights. We enjoy it (even if it's just amusing to 'joke about.'). I get a bit tired of the obligatory 'eating a bug or something live' thing though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV