Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 05:44 AM

236 posts, read 627,736 times

Advertisements

Anybody watch this last night?

Still can't decide if I liked it or not, but it sure makes me wish I was 21 again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:06 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,901 times
Guilty pleasure sewn up for sure, even though I think it's the wrong kind of publicity for Vegas at this time, especially in light of the HRH's woes.

I just can't believe how the show has evolved in nearly 20 years. It used to have some redeeming qualities. Even the token good boy nearly gets buck wild on the first night.

Interesting cast, but way over the top.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
MTV rotts the brain turn it off.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:33 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,567,527 times
They still make "The Real World"? After the second season of that show a long time ago I realized it was all the same over dramatized crap that MTV has been playing for years now. I loved dave chapelle's skit on that show though. Probably one of the funniest he has ever done.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:44 AM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
They still make "The Real World"? After the second season of that show a long time ago I realized it was all the same over dramatized crap that MTV has been playing for years now. I loved dave chapelle's skit on that show though. Probably one of the funniest he has ever done.
Yeah, that skit was hilarious!

The Real World is still something of a social barometer for me. A canary in a coal mine. The fact that it is being filmed here makes it all the more relevant of a train wreck.

On one hand, it seems far more scripted now, but it never ceases to amaze me what people will give up to be on a show like this. What's worse is how narrow a view the producers will show of our town. So I watch this with equal part disgust and morbid curiosity. I'm fascinated.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 PM

236 posts, read 627,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraynard Kruger View Post
Yeah, that skit was hilarious!

The Real World is still something of a social barometer for me. A canary in a coal mine. The fact that it is being filmed here makes it all the more relevant of a train wreck.

On one hand, it seems far more scripted now, but it never ceases to amaze me what people will give up to be on a show like this. What's worse is how narrow a view the producers will show of our town. So I watch this with equal part disgust and morbid curiosity. I'm fascinated.
Agree, and agree!!

It did seem to bring a great deal of publicity to the Pink Taco.

That, and all the other Las Vegas advertising has got to be a positive thing underneath the trainwreck of a tv show though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV