Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 09:14 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
How old is Isis in this last episode?
Good point! Isis must be getting up there - she wasn't a puppy in 1912.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 09:24 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,158,411 times
Default Making of A Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Sound like the story was taken from an old classic movie, can't remember the name.
You are right! Francis Hodgson Burnett wrote the book on which the movie was based. She wrote "The Secret Garden." I never even heard about the book or the movie until I saw it last night, but I do remember seeing something similar before but I also can't remember the title.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM

Default Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Isis is at least 10, I would think by now (1920). I dread the day Isis is written out due to her passing from old age. She's a dog, but she steals every scene she is in. I still find it hard to forgive Thomas for what he did to her that day in the forest. I doubt Isis has forgiven him either.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Isis is at least 10, I would think by now (1920). I dread the day Isis is written out due to her passing from old age. She's a dog, but she steals every scene she is in. I still find it hard to forgive Thomas for what he did to her that day in the forest. I doubt Isis has forgiven him either.
Someone will get Robert a puppy if Isis dies. Heck, I'll get him a puppy.

If we are lucky maybe Isis will chew off Barrow's leg before then.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:28 PM

Default Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Someone will get Robert a puppy if Isis dies. Heck, I'll get him a puppy.

If we are lucky maybe Isis will chew off Barrow's leg before then.
I was always surprised that Isis never growled at Thomas after the "shed" incident, but I think she is just patient and plotting her revenge. What's the saying? Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. She is biding her time. I wish the writers would write a revenge plot for Isis.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
Yup, but I'm not sure how much she's really helping Thomas. Seems like she's only reluctantly an ally.
Yes, I believe she told him that she liked the people downstairs and upstairs once she got to know them and so she felt guilty spying on them for him.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:36 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
I was always surprised that Isis never growled at Thomas after the "shed" incident, but I think she is just patient and plotting her revenge. What's the saying? Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer. She is biding her time. I wish the writers would write a revenge plot for Isis.
Dogs are very forgiving. Now if Isis were a cat.........

Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
Many of the characters have made mention of the fact that many men Edith's and Mary's age are have been killed, but of course the writers could conjure up a respectable beau for Edith if they wanted to. I do like it that the writers are weaving in elements somewhat based in the reality of the times, however.

Although Mary seems to have no trouble attracting properly eligible bachelors. I guess now that she's an heiress and owns half of the estate in her own right ...

If that!
There are young women of good family who have no funds, and there is Mary, who owns half the estate, which seems like one which might actually survive. The other young women without funds will still be there if your not successful....

Old 02-11-2014, 01:44 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,247,964 times
Quote:
She could have been a year or two at most, too. That would put her at ten to eleven. Dogs slow down then but especialy those taken care of like she would be live longer. She's probaby over ten.

I like the name, given the connection with the family who unearthed King Tut, since some of the details seem to be borrowed.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Not that they could or should cram anything else into the 50 minutes, but one thing that nags at me is that the two children seem completely MIA. I might be interested in seeing if Mary's interaction with her son has improved......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV