Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 08:37 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

I don't like Miss Bunting either. She is so judgmental. I guess she is going to be Tom's new love interest but she's such a smug person, so very different from Sybil, I wish she weren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 07:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I'd guess he has witness to being in York if he needs them. And its entirely possible that Mr. Green just met with an accident. I think the strongest thing to come out of this is that he and others will think that if Anna is not threatened anymore she'll be fine. She got raped. She isn't going to turn off the memory and isn't automatically going to be okay. And she may lose the sympathy since the danger has ended.

This is what women faced in real life and in some degree still do.
You're doing a much deeper analysis than I am. I think Bates wants revenge, pure and simple. He didn't like or trust Green from the start. Now that he knows Green raped Anna, I'll be disappointed in the writers if Bates doesn't take to heart, 'revenge is a dish best served cold.'

The plotline I'm unsure about is whether Edith leaves her child in Switzerland or gives it to the farmer. I wouldn't mind if she gives the kid to the farmer then next season shocks the family by marrying the guy.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:20 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You're doing a much deeper analysis than I am. I think Bates wants revenge, pure and simple. He didn't like or trust Green from the start. Now that he knows Green raped Anna, I'll be disappointed in the writers if Bates doesn't take to heart, 'revenge is a dish best served cold.'

The plotline I'm unsure about is whether Edith leaves her child in Switzerland or gives it to the farmer. I wouldn't mind if she gives the kid to the farmer then next season shocks the family by marrying the guy.
That's exactly the scenario I was envisioning. I felt a spark when Edith and Mr Whatever met.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Tom certainly was not impressed at Miss Bunting's scorn toward his mother-in-law when she met Cora at the bazaar. I don't think they'll be much of an item at all. For all that Tom says he doesn't fit into the Crawleys' world, I think he would defend them to the death.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:04 AM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I watched the last episode again and I'm really put off by Miss Bunting. Obviously, it is a storyline for Tom but don't like her.
Oh, I am so totally with you on that. I can't stand her! Tom deserves better and I hope this doesn't end up going where I suspect it's going.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 AM

277 posts, read 506,527 times
I will have to stream the first episodes because I just started watching it. Though I was lost due to missed episodes it was interesting. I'm trying to become of fan of this show.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:27 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Tom certainly was not impressed at Miss Bunting's scorn toward his mother-in-law when she met Cora at the bazaar. I don't think they'll be much of an item at all. For all that Tom says he doesn't fit into the Crawleys' world, I think he would defend them to the death.
I like the way Tom is beginning to acknowledge that he's found a way to fit, be it imperfectly. Being the spouse of a deceased child is an odd place to be, family by connection. And yet there IS that connection. I agree about Miss Bunting. He didn't like her instant judgement of Cora at all. I think in Miss Bunting he's seeing how much his perceptions have changed. Tom doesn't see class first anymore.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:35 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

Well Green is dead from some cause. I'm sure he had others with it in for him. Or it could have actually been an accident. I don't think Bates would have gone to London and back just to kill him since he's learned how to be cautious. If he could do it some other way without endangering himself then sure he would. How far away from London is York anyway? If he took a train there someone might remember him.

I'm thinking it will move on to be about Anna and how she isn't fine.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
I like the way Tom is beginning to acknowledge that he's found a way to fit, be it imperfectly. Being the spouse of a deceased child is an odd place to be, family by connection. And yet there IS that connection. I agree about Miss Bunting. He didn't like her instant judgement of Cora at all. I think in Miss Bunting he's seeing how much his perceptions have changed. Tom doesn't see class first anymore.
I have become very fond of Tom. I like him so much. Miss Bunting is a reverse snob and she is also a snot. I hope this is not a long term relationship for him.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:28 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Well Green is dead from some cause. I'm sure he had others with it in for him. Or it could have actually been an accident. I don't think Bates would have gone to London and back just to kill him since he's learned how to be cautious. If he could do it some other way without endangering himself then sure he would. How far away from London is York anyway? If he took a train there someone might remember him.

I'm thinking it will move on to be about Anna and how she isn't fine.
So, I actually checked and it's around 200 miles from York to London. I didn't try to find 1920's train schedules
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV