Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,943,945 times

Advertisements

Agree - the teacher is obnoxious. I didn't care for her right from the beginning when she coerced Branson into giving her a tour of the private parts of the house.

The ladies maid who was a former thief (forgot her name) is obviously protecting someone and stole the jewelry for someone else's benefit. Could it be Thomas' sister?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 09:32 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,057,136 times
I think it was a big mistake to put Tom in a movie being shown in theaters today (The Imitation Game). It ruins every image of him in DA in my mind, because in the movie he plays an overweight Russian spy, and I hated seeing him there. He must have gained 50 pounds for the part.

Does anyone recall seeing a preview where Robert throws his napkin on the dining room table and really angry and yells "leave this house and never come back" about something, but what??? Is it about Mary? or is it Edith? or ???

Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,943,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
I think it was a big mistake to put Tom in a movie being shown in theaters today (The Imitation Game). It ruins every image of him in DA in my mind, because in the movie he plays an overweight Russian spy, and I hated seeing him there. He must have gained 50 pounds for the part.

Does anyone recall seeing a preview where Robert throws his napkin on the dining room table and really angry and yells "leave this house and never come back" about something, but what??? Is it about Mary? or is it Edith? or ???
Well, he IS an actor and not many actors turn down other roles. It's probably a good career move for him to play other roles so as not to be typecast as Branson, the chauffeur. I thought he looked a lot more hefty this season.

Whoever Robert was yelling at wasn't shown in last week's episode. Hard to believe he would banish either of his daughters so it may be someone else. Just strange they showed that preview so far ahead of the episode it was from.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:45 AM

509 posts, read 1,261,989 times
Quote:

To me it was kinda weird and fun to see the actor who plays Robert come out on "Galavant" last Sunday as a pirate...even sang and all-pretty fun!

Old 01-15-2015, 12:56 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Well, he IS an actor and not many actors turn down other roles. It's probably a good career move for him to play other roles so as not to be typecast as Branson, the chauffeur. I thought he looked a lot more hefty this season.
Right, all of them are working actors and if they have the opportunity to do other roles on their Downton hiatus, why not? I think I've seen DA cast in various mystery shows, Doctor Who episodes, small film roles, etc. No big deal.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,576 times
Quote:

Yes but no every one watches DA like we all do

Old 01-15-2015, 02:18 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post

Whoever Robert was yelling at wasn't shown in last week's episode. Hard to believe he would banish either of his daughters so it may be someone else. Just strange they showed that preview so far ahead of the episode it was from.
I didn't even know Tom was in a movie.

I agree, why show the scene with Robert kicking two people out and banishing them so long before it's shown? I wonder if it's the teacher and Tom? The teacher and Matthew's mom? (Can't remember her name...senior moment) If it was to "grip" us, it worked!

Old 01-15-2015, 02:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,522 times
Quote:

I think it was about a touchy subject. Someone should start a poll about that, list the options for the issue?

Was it Tom wanting to go into politics?
"... Mary wanting to be a hog farmer?
"... Edith wanting to move to Germany?
"... taking Isis to the vet?
"... teaching Daisy how to count?

Mostly joking here, I saw the preview and it was a pretty good scene. Who else has an idea of what the 'napkin throwing assault' was about? No spoilers allowed, just guesses as to what it is that's bugging Lord Paddington's latistables.

Old 01-15-2015, 02:31 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
I think it was about a touchy subject. Someone should start a poll about that, list the options for the issue?

Mostly joking here, I saw the preview and it was a pretty good scene. Who else has an idea of what the 'napkin throwing assault' was about? No spoilers allowed, just guesses as to what it is that's bugging Lord Paddington's latistables.
Mama wanting a face lift! Mr. Mosley having a "5o'clock shadow".

Old 01-15-2015, 03:21 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,667,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post

My own clueless guesses:

Rose and some stupid suitor? Rose has always been kind of a pain in the neck and does wild things. I don't remember how closely related she is but they more or less took her in, I think. She is reckless.

He throws TWO people out? He would never throw Tom out, I don't think. Tom is the father of his grandchild and he likes Tom. So I don't think it's Tom and that idiot teacher. It's not Bates and Anna. It's not Mary and anyone. So I just don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV