Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 05:39 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Jersey, you back off, or we're going to lock you up with the Laughing Lady on the boardwalk...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p2aTHkXs2Mo
Hahaha is that really from Jersey? The comments say either San Francisco or Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 05:42 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgato View Post
Tonight's show was very sad, just watching Isis and thinking what might be about to happen - I kept holding out hope that they wouldn't kill off Isis. I loved watching her on the show even though she hasn't had a big storyline since the time Thomas locked her up in the shed. I wished she was pregnant like Lady Grantham was thinking, but I guess her age made that impossible. I just think it was unnecessary to kill her off the show even though she was getting older - this is TV, not reality - they could do whatever they want. I liked when Cora asked Robert to bring Isis to their bed so they could both be with her as she left this world.

The show did have some bright moments like the scene between Violet and Mary - Violet really showed Mary a mirror. Mary is really getting to be an horribly unsympathetic character, even more so lately. Did she think Marigold is not good enough to be in the nursery with the Grantham grandchildren? I also liked when they threw out that snob, Larry - Sybil could never love a man like that.

Thomas also showed his snobby side - "Lady Grantham, there is a person to see you?" What is that? If you can't say "lady" because of class distinction (I guess "lady" was reserved for the upper classes?), then just say "someone is here to see you" not "a person" - what the....?

It supposedly was Hugh Bonneville's idea to kill off Isis:

Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville: death of dog Isis was my idea

I found this link on the Pharaoh and Isis Appreciation Page on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phara...52717248104762

Just be careful clicking on any of the pages they have "liked" because you might find out future plots.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:50 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Hahaha is that really from Jersey? The comments say either San Francisco or Denver.
It was the only one I could find quickly. I sure remember the laughing ladies at Seaside Heghts and Wildwood when I was a kid. Scared the jellybeans out of me.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:57 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Any thoughts on Violet's observation that "Men have no rights"?
Violet being Violet.

"Behind every man who thinks they're in charge, there is a very wise woman"

Old 02-16-2015, 06:07 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Violet being Violet.

"Behind every man who thinks they're in charge, there is a very wise woman"
Heh - well Robert missed the boat on that one. He got Simpering Cora and her airhead delusions.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,433,844 times
Well, Robert listens to his Ma-mah more than he listens to his wife

Old 02-16-2015, 08:06 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,605,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
Well, Robert listens to his Ma-mah more than he listens to his wife
Well, who wouldn't?! I like Countess Cora, but the Dowager Countess is more steely.

Old 02-16-2015, 08:42 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
It supposedly was Hugh Bonneville's idea to kill off Isis:

Downton Abbey's Hugh Bonneville: death of dog Isis was my idea

I found this link on the Pharaoh and Isis Appreciation Page on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Phara...52717248104762

Just be careful clicking on any of the pages they have "liked" because you might find out future plots.
Thank you! Hugh is a complete BERK for his idea to kill Isis. He wanted to be in keeping with the concept of reality because Isis was getting older, etc. but this is TV and reality can be bent any way they wanted. Yes, they are probably going to replace Isis soon and the body is not even cold yet. A cute puppy probably, so you won't even see Isis in the intro walking up to the grand house. I'm all for reality if I was watching a news show or a documentary, but I'm watching a fictional series. Can't we just forget reality for an hour or two?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:37 AM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Robert's love of his dog really humanizes him. It's very realistic as well. She has to be going on 13 or 14 now, so it's definitely time. Poor thing.

I love how Violet just said one sentence and Mary looked chastened. Hopefully it will stick. Mary may think these things, but she won't go around saying them to the world. I'm getting so over her character. Imagine how she's going to treat Marigold, especially since her child will be upstairs with her all the time.
The whole dog bed scene was to demonstrate the full reconcilliation between Cora and Robert.

Old 02-17-2015, 01:53 AM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
If a man had a child out of wedlock, he was not ruined, even if he were married to someone else. It was not condonned, but it was gossiped about while the guy managed to still be part of society. Sometimes, even the illegitimate child, especially if he inherited money, would manage to find a place in society when he became an adult like Pierre in War and Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV