Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I imagine the final season will be just like that, except I think Daisy is going to get as far away from Downton as possible. Maybe she'll even take Mrs. Patmore with her.
Daisy, Mrs. Patmore and Mr. Mason make a lovely family. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
I suspect his sons and their surly attitude are the reason Lord Merton is still available - they make it impossible for any woman to become part of the family.
No doubt. Even today, a widower is quite a commodity; a wealthy widower, so much the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 10:45 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I imagine the final season will be just like that, except I think Daisy is going to get as far away from Downton as possible. Maybe she'll even take Mrs. Patmore with her.
You have guessed it. They have been keeping it under wraps but Masterpiece Theater is planning their first spin-off series ever. They will take Daisy, Mrs. Patmore and Barrow, who all leave service at the Abbey in order to open their own bakery in London. Unlike DA, it will be a sitcom with Mrs. Patmore complaining that she has to do all the work while Barrow spends all of his time in failed get rich quick schemes, and Daisy keeps trying to become a musical theater star but is always rejected.

They are still working on coming up with a title....anyone have any ideas?

Old 02-24-2015, 11:28 AM

672 posts, read 788,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
They are still working on coming up with a title....anyone have any ideas?
Patmore Buns.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:33 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,106,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bee View Post
Patmore Buns.
I love it. Beats the hell out of "After D*O*W*N*T*O*N A*B*B*E*Y"

Old 02-24-2015, 01:42 PM

888 posts, read 453,856 times
Quote:
Patmore Buns.
Good one! It will be located on Bar Row.

(after they move to the US)

Last edited by TransplantedPeach; 02-24-2015 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-24-2015, 02:16 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,021,404 times
Quote:
Patmore Buns.
Very good!

Old 02-24-2015, 02:55 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,812,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Yes, and I loved the Christmas episode. It has many delightful surprises!

There has been talk of a Downton Abbey movie:

Downton Abbey film is 'a definite possibility' - Telegraph

and Bates is in a soon to be released film!

Downton Abbey star Brendan Coyle stars in movie honouring Irish woman's heroic rescue of a million Vietnamese street children | Christian News on Christian Today

Attention, Abbots! I had to laugh at the latest installment of DA recaps in The New York Times:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...by-hotel/?_r=0

I think it's amazing that Rose is such a sweet girl with her mother . . .

I have also noticed that on the Downtown Abbey wiki there is a poll for "Favourite Character" and Violet is running away with it . . .

Although Lady Mary is doing surprisingly well. The poll is on the right.

Downton Abbey Wiki

Just be careful with that website, though, for possible spoilers.
For the fans of Allen Leech - Tom Branson and Downton Abbey, here's a link to an AMA - Ask Me Anything - from Allen Leech on the Reddit website...

I am Allen Leech, actor - you might know me as Tom Branson on DOWNTON ABBEY. AMA!

His responses to questions are where his name is highlighted in blue. Unfortunately, no spoilers

Old 02-24-2015, 04:39 PM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,026 posts, read 6,540,797 times
Re: The police lineup and eyewitness evidence in general......

I retired as a forensic scientist with the NJ State Police after a career of 38 years. Unlike eyewitness evidence, physical evidence does not lie, forget or become confused.

I also was in charge of a computer resource lab at a local college for 15 years. During that time a co-worker forensic scientist from the NJSP lab taught a general Forensic Science course for criminal justice majors (he still does).

When we were both at the college we used to do an eyewitness excercise for his class. During the first week of classes (in case one of the students might remember me from the computer lab) I would storm into his lecture (which was in a large pie shaped lecture hall) and create a ruckuss. I would approach him in the front of the class and yell and scream that he took my college parking space, was seeing my wife, or something else that could be upsetting. After a couple minute in front of the shocked class, I would storm out.

They would then be told, after I left, that it was just an act. They were given large index cards and asked to physically describe me. Weight, height, hair color, age, etc. They were told that the most accurate desciptions would receive extra credit (so that they would take it serious).

You would not believe how inaccurate most of the students were. Weight +/- 75 pounds. Height +/- a foot. Hair color all over the map. Age +/- 15 years.

That is why, today, so many suspects found guilty via eyewitness testmony (unless the defendant was known by the witness prior to the crime) are getting new trials.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:48 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,268,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
You have guessed it. They have been keeping it under wraps but Masterpiece Theater is planning their first spin-off series ever. They will take Daisy, Mrs. Patmore and Barrow, who all leave service at the Abbey in order to open their own bakery in London. Unlike DA, it will be a sitcom with Mrs. Patmore complaining that she has to do all the work while Barrow spends all of his time in failed get rich quick schemes, and Daisy keeps trying to become a musical theater star but is always rejected.
I like the idea of these characters in their own show; hope it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
Re: The police lineup and eyewitness evidence in general......

I retired as a forensic scientist with the NJ State Police after a career of 38 years. Unlike eyewitness evidence, physical evidence does not lie, forget or become confused.

I also was in charge of a computer resource lab at a local college for 15 years. During that time a co-worker forensic scientist from the NJSP lab taught a general Forensic Science course for criminal justice majors (he still does).

When we were both at the college we used to do an eyewitness excercise for his class. During the first week of classes (in case one of the students might remember me from the computer lab) I would storm into his lecture (which was in a large pie shaped lecture hall) and create a ruckuss. I would approach him in the front of the class and yell and scream that he took my college parking space, was seeing my wife, or something else that could be upsetting. After a couple minute in front of the shocked class, I would storm out.

They would then be told, after I left, that it was just an act. They were given large index cards and asked to physically describe me. Weight, height, hair color, age, etc. They were told that the most accurate desciptions would receive extra credit (so that they would take it serious).

You would not believe how inaccurate most of the students were. Weight +/- 75 pounds. Height +/- a foot. Hair color all over the map. Age +/- 15 years.

That is why, today, so many suspects found guilty via eyewitness testmony (unless the defendant was known by the witness prior to the crime) are getting new trials.
I would be scared witless to stand in a lineup because of this. Years ago I walked into a convenience store just after they had been robbed, and the two clerks couldn't agree on whether one of the perps was white or black. If a person was unlucky enough to bear a resemblance to a criminal--or even not--yikes.

I've even had people come up and start a conversation with me, thinking I was someone else (this has occurred more than once in more than one city). Holy cow, I would not want my freedom depending on anyone else's memory at any time, let alone when they were under duress.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:21 PM

586 posts, read 1,546,034 times
Was Rosamund at the wedding? I don't recall seeing her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV