Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 01:53 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times

Advertisements

Mark Cuban is a billionaire -- net worth $2.6 billion -- so $3 million is a drop in the bucket to him. But all deals are subject to verification of whatever the entrepreneur has said in the presentation. (I read that only half of all the deals ever get funded because of that.) The actual presentations are usually 30+ minutes long -- we see only small snippets -- so there's a high likelihood the girls said something that wasnt verifiable.

Last edited by TFW46; 01-10-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 02:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
How could anyone not like Mark?

Probably because 20% of his eye rolling or unkind faces are still hurtful
and demeaning...especially unnecessary to newbies making their first
pitch and on TV no less...not everyone is as sharp as him or can make a decision fast.
He is entitled to feel what he does and valid...but to not be kinder in his
exasperations is tough for me to watch.

Some of the others say the same thing without being so intense.
I would not want to be in the newbies shoes facing 'the way he rejects'.

That is 20% ....80% of his rejections are just fine.
You never know which way he will role.

Barbara, also, there is no reason for that intense look when
she says, "I like your product. I just don't trust you."
Come on...you didn't have to say that, Barbara, my God.

Kevin is a cruel, unfeeling person...unless it suits him.
I know they are not saints...but it doesn't mean I don't want them to be.

I've also seen Mark come to a presenter's defense more than once. I like them all, and they each bring something special to the deal.

They're sharks not guppies. Whining about their being "mean" is yet another example of why some women can't make it in the boardroom.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:28 PM

861 posts, read 1,336,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Mark Cuban is a billionaire -- net worth $2.6 billion -- so $3 million is a drop in the bucket to him. But all deals are subject to verification of whatever the entrepreneur has said in the presentation. (I read that only half of all the deals ever get funded because of that.) The actual presentations are usually 30+ minutes long -- we see only small snippets -- so there's a high likelihood the girls said something that wasnt verifiable.
Yes, I know he's a billionaire.... but he's also haggled over several thousands of dollars in other deals so he's obviously tight or careful with his money.

But the question wasn't whether he could afford $3 million.... the question was whether it was a legit offer in the context of the show or just one of his trolling attempts where he's just testing their resolve.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:28 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramkobe View Post
Anyone know if that $30 Million offer Cuban made to the 3 Korean girls was legally binding? Had they accepted, I have a feeling Cuban the weasel would have back-peddled and said it wasn't a real offer and he was only testing them to see if they were really committed to their business.
I believe that all offers are contingent on passing the due diligence (by both parties0. There is never a 100% completion rate on the offers.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:35 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Quote:
Anyone know if that $30 Million offer Cuban made to the 3 Korean girls was legally binding? Had they accepted, I have a feeling Cuban the weasel would have back-peddled and said it wasn't a real offer and he was only testing them to see if they were really committed to their business.
It seemed to me that it was more of a hypothetical question than an outright offer.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:42 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times
Quote:

I believe he said "If I offered you $30M for your company, would you sell it to me?"

And I don't understand why the 3 were secretive about exactly how many members they have signed up.
"Between 100k and 500k ..." that's so shady.

Old 01-11-2015, 08:11 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,188,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
I believe he said "If I offered you $30M for your company, would you sell it to me?"

And I don't understand why the 3 were secretive about exactly how many members they have signed up.
"Between 100k and 500k ..." that's so shady.
Exactly..He did not make an offer. He asked IF I offered you.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:14 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Two new shows next week Tuesday and Friday!!! Are they changing the schedule or want a draw for the 2 news shows following it Tuesday?
They arent changing the schedule. Most likely they want a solid lead in for another show.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:00 PM

98 posts, read 208,317 times
Quote:
Yes, I know he's a billionaire.... but he's also haggled over several thousands of dollars in other deals so he's obviously tight or careful with his money.

But the question wasn't whether he could afford $3 million.... the question was whether it was a legit offer in the context of the show or just one of his trolling attempts where he's just testing their resolve.
He didn't make them an offer, he asked them a question. Offer's are made using the words, "I'm going to make you an offer" or "I'll offer you ...". His question never included the word 'offer'.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:47 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_3j89yo6k

At 9:55, Cuban asked "Let me ask you a question: If I offered you $30M for your company, would you take it?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV