Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 04:00 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Amazon has an exclusive deal to stream Falling Skies.

Amazon Reaches Exclusive Streaming Deal For 'Falling Skies' And 'The Closer' - Deadline.com

Membership costs $79, which includes free shipping priviledges for Amazon.

It's available via DVD on Netflix, so that's the cheaper deal, but it's not streaming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
"I just need a signature."
Right.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM

313 posts, read 402,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I just finishsed watching the first two episodes. Love it.

I'm thinking that the killer is a brother of Steward, the guy in prison for killing his wife and Linden's previous victim. That's how Steward's son knows the area. Either they killed together or Steward's brother started copy catting to get Steward released from jail.
I love your theory, Hopes! It sure makes a lot of sense b/c Seward's shown us he's a really bad guy, yet might not be guilty of killing his wife.

However, if his brother or someone close to him killed the wife, it would make sense how he could be not guilty of the murder for which he is imprisoned yet he's not someone who should be walking free...fascinating story line this time, eh?

I'm really enjoying this season so far. In fact, I like it even better than Season 1, which i loved. Of course w/o season 1, I don't know that I'd appreciate certain things e.g. Holder now being a health nut..well kinda LOL

I love the Holder character (the actor's really fantastic) esp his interaction w/ Bullet is outstanding. In fact, I'm loving the homeless/runaway street kids and their milieu. It is much more interesting than starting w/ a victim we didn't know like in Season 1. I liked the Larsen family stuff but after a while not so much, it got tedious.

Only thing is I'm so nervous that something bad is going to happen to Bullet or the other kids. My heart's in my throat. The pace of the show is great, and I happen to love grey overcast skies, I even love rain, so I dig the ambiance.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:45 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
I love your theory, Hopes! It sure makes a lot of sense b/c Seward's shown us he's a really bad guy, yet might not be guilty of killing his wife.

However, if his brother or someone close to him killed the wife, it would make sense how he could be not guilty of the murder for which he is imprisoned yet he's not someone who should be walking free...fascinating story line this time, eh?

I'm really enjoying this season so far. In fact, I like it even better than Season 1, which i loved. Of course w/o season 1, I don't know that I'd appreciate certain things e.g. Holder now being a health nut..well kinda LOL

I love the Holder character (the actor's really fantastic) esp his interaction w/ Bullet is outstanding. In fact, I'm loving the homeless/runaway street kids and their milieu. It is much more interesting than starting w/ a victim we didn't know like in Season 1. I liked the Larsen family stuff but after a while not so much, it got tedious.

Only thing is I'm so nervous that something bad is going to happen to Bullet or the other kids. My heart's in my throat. The pace of the show is great, and I happen to love grey overcast skies, I even love rain, so I dig the ambiance.
I'd say that ship has already sailed for Bullet, that little prick pimp will get his in jail sooner or later. Callie's mom is a real piece of work, Linden clarifying that she was a detective then adding homicide was interesting on a number of levels. It's interesting to see a different world of flawed people and messed up families. So called "throwaway people" are real people just like everybody else, it's nice to see them having emotions and human experiences, usually on TV they are just one dimensional criminals. Even Callie's mom, who is mostly a nightmare had a soft moment with Callie when they were discussing make up.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 AM

1,815 posts, read 3,167,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"I just need a signature."
Right.
LOL!

I find that I enjoy this show a lot more if I don't analyze it too much...I'm trying to focus on the characters and the bigger picture, and not get caught up in things like: how did he get that razor smuggled in to Death Row, how can Linden possibly afford a house on Vashton Island if she's working a minimum wage ferry job, etc. I know a lot of tv shows take liberties but for a show that sells itself on gritty realism, it does bug me at times.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 AM

3,983 posts, read 5,015,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I'd say that ship has already sailed for Bullet, that little prick pimp will get his in jail sooner or later. Callie's mom is a real piece of work, Linden clarifying that she was a detective then adding homicide was interesting on a number of levels. It's interesting to see a different world of flawed people and messed up families. So called "throwaway people" are real people just like everybody else, it's nice to see them having emotions and human experiences, usually on TV they are just one dimensional criminals. Even Callie's mom, who is mostly a nightmare had a soft moment with Callie when they were discussing make up.
Its things like this that make the show for me...a small, short comment and yet it's impact is HUGE. I love the subtleties...I did like that when Holder realized Linden hadn't called him about the bodies, he withheld the info about picking up Bullet for info and eventually picking up the nasty little pimp.

When they finally met up on the precinct, she made a "wth" comment and he was like "you, too, hon" type of comment. What I liked MOST was that she finally said "ok, I'll tell ya what I'm thinking"....she's so prone to keeping it to herself and withholding information but she is starting to trust him and able to share. FINALLY...yay....

I agree completely about the storyline so far...love the pace, the atmosphere, the characters, the suspense, the guessing...I half thought that the new Lt. (Linden's old partner) is involved somehow. I don't know how...I like this actor very much but he has a tendency to play bad guys (obviously not always, but...) so I'm leery because he's new to us. Oh, I can't wait for Sunday!!

Old 06-12-2013, 04:27 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
I have Amazon Prime and have never rented a series episode of anything. Sex and the City episodes were 99 cents last time I checked - an episode! For something that is on cable all the time. Everything was 99 cents an episode. So a 20 episode year was 20.00. 5 years of the Wire - 100.00 Are they nuts ore is it just a scam to convince you to buy it? I havn't checked back to see if that's changed much but it really pissed me off.

Did Linden buy a house or is she renting? At least it was a modest older home. There far worse perpetrators on most shows when it comes to houses.
I googled and found out that Manson has been found with cell phones twice. Vicious gang members pay up to 10,000 for cell phones so they can run their million dollar crime gangs from high security prisons. Not saying death row would look like that I just think that some of the things on the show are not quite as unrealistic as people think. You're right, its better not the theorize about things which may or may not be realistic.

LOOOVED the Firefly Serenity shout out.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:55 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
LOL!

I find that I enjoy this show a lot more if I don't analyze it too much...I'm trying to focus on the characters and the bigger picture, and not get caught up in things like: how did he get that razor smuggled in to Death Row, how can Linden possibly afford a house on Vashton Island if she's working a minimum wage ferry job, etc. I know a lot of tv shows take liberties but for a show that sells itself on gritty realism, it does bug me at times.
I am willing to suspend belief in a lot of areas when watching and reading fiction. But we are talking about someone with a history of issues, lots of issues. No psych eval, no probationary period, just back in the saddle again because she's what, the most special detective in Seattle history?
Oh, I'll probably keep watching, but it's stuff like this that really makes me wonder if it isn't really meant to be satire.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
LOL!

She was probably renting, I'm not familiar with the area, but the house didn't seem like anything special to me. Transit cop is not a minimum wage job, that would have to be hyperbole.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I am willing to suspend belief in a lot of areas when watching and reading fiction. But we are talking about someone with a history of issues, lots of issues. No psych eval, no probationary period, just back in the saddle again because she's what, the most special detective in Seattle history?
Oh, I'll probably keep watching, but it's stuff like this that really makes me wonder if it isn't really meant to be satire.

Her being a cop again doesn't really both me, she left in good standing, so there would be no reason to make a big deal over any past issues. I watched season 1 recently, and it was clear she was well respected by her collegues, and we don't know what evals or recertifications she may have done off camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV