Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 07:57 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times

Advertisements

I'm telling you, as far as the singing goes, I think Cassadee did the best. Now, she is my favorite, I will admit, but I do think she has done poorly at other times. The time she and Amanda sang together a couple weeks was awful.

I think the others were off last night. I was hoping for Nick to try and hit that high note and he never will do it. I actually think he got a haircut. Anyone else notice that? I think he said something one night about not cutting his beard until his kids were done growing or something like that.

Trevin was just not good. I think many times people are just loving him and I do not see it.

Terry? I think Blake gives him way too much praise.

There are some who actually left earlier on that are better than him. Better than Trevin.... Trevin reminds me of Luther, but a much less experienced Luther.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:06 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
So interesting to read all the comments because I thought Nick stole the show last night. I thought he did a great job on the song and to watch him sing that to his pretty, but certainly not glamorous, wife was just the sweetest thing. I know it was part of the schtick but it still got to me. I was curious about CeeLo's comments to him though--something about disagreeing what/how he was going to sing?

I have yet to feel the Cassadee love, although I can see how she might win. She just doesn't move me at all.

Agree that Trevin was off last night and Terry wasn't at his best either.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:13 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So interesting to read all the comments because I thought Nick stole the show last night. I thought he did a great job on the song and to watch him sing that to his pretty, but certainly not glamorous, wife was just the sweetest thing. I know it was part of the schtick but it still got to me. I was curious about CeeLo's comments to him though--something about disagreeing what/how he was going to sing?

I have yet to feel the Cassadee love, although I can see how she might win. She just doesn't move me at all.

Agree that Trevin was off last night and Terry wasn't at his best either.
I think I have heard CeeLo wanting him to try and change it up a bit. Hit some higher notes. I wanted to hear him try for some of the higher notes last night... I think it is just out of his element and he is afraid to do it and mess up....

Cassadee. She is more of the style of music I listen too, so I guess thats why I like her. I think she does well also.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
As for Terry... I'm going to type and then duck for cover ... but my basic thought on him is that he's a good karaoke singer. Period. And talk about off key... that last note(s) went totally sour! Yikes. He's not even McCartney Lite....
I honestly can't figure out how he made it this far. Maybe the girls think his accent and Euro-mullet are adorable or something? I thought for sure he was going home after "Don't Stop Believing" where he spent about half the song a quarter-step flat. Instead the judges poured praise on his head like he's the next Eric Clapton. I was screaming "are you people deaf or something??" at the telly.

I agree with the general sentiment that he'd be decent fronting a decent rock band. As a solo artist, there were people who couldn't get one chair turned around at the audition who were better than him.

Last edited by Drover; 12-11-2012 at 08:51 AM..

Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 AM

758 posts, read 1,639,161 times
Quote:
Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only person who hears this stuff! As I have said ad infinitum, I am not a fan of "get to the part where I can just scream" songs.
I'm another who thought Trevin was flat quite a few times.

Quote:

Didn't care for Cassadee's song at all, though she looked lovely. What a dress!
Agree again!

Quote:
Thank you. I was beginning to think I was the only person who hears this stuff! As I have said ad infinit

As for Terry... I'm going to type and then duck for cover ... but my basic thought on him is that he's a good karaoke singer. Period. And talk about off key... that last note(s) went totally sour! Yikes. He's not even McCartney Lite....
I'm kinda torn on Terry. On one hand, I really like him, but on the other hand...I do get a good karaoke singer feel. I think he is at his best when singing McCartney/the Beatles, though. (Maybe I'm Amazed was much better than Let It Be IMO)

And the last note.

Quote:
I'm thinking this comes down to Cassadee and Nick now.

I have been wondering how people change their votes when "their" singer is gone... like who gets the support now from Melanie's fans, or Cody's? IF they vote at all, of course...some may just stop voting.
I'm thinking that Melanie fans may be switching to Nick, if the "different" label is what appeals to them.
I also think there's a "first female" contingent out there that wants to see Cassadee win, so maybe Melanie's fans go that way too. Just a parlor game I play with myself. .
I think Trevin will go home tonight, but I'm not sure who would really be the top 2. I actually think maybe Cassadee and Terry. I wasn't as impressed with Nick's song last night as I wanted to be. It was actually a little boring. Missing something.

I have definitely lost some interest in voting once Cody left. But I have/had been voting (somewhat off and on for the top 4 anyway). This week, I only voted for Terry. Bought no songs on iTunes. Last week, I voted 10 for Nick, 5 each for Trevin and Terry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I'm telling you, as far as the singing goes, I think Cassadee did the best. Now, she is my favorite, I will admit, but I do think she has done poorly at other times. The time she and Amanda sang together a couple weeks was awful.

I think the others were off last night. I was hoping for Nick to try and hit that high note and he never will do it. I actually think he got a haircut. Anyone else notice that? I think he said something one night about not cutting his beard until his kids were done growing or something like that.
I think he got a haircut, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I honestly can't figure out how he made it this far. Maybe the girls think his accent and Euro-mullet are adorable or something? I thought for sure he was going home after "Don't Stop Believing" where he spent about half the song a quarter-step flat. Instead the judges poured praise on his head like he's the next Eric Clapton. I was screaming "are you people deaf or something??" at the telly.

I agree with the general sentiment that he'd be decent fronting a decent rock band. As a solo artist, there were people who couldn't get one chair turned around at the audition who were better than him.
I'm feeling the Terry love a little bit more than you are, but I do agree that he is overhyped by the judges. He is a very good singer, but he has hit some bad notes. But the judges act like he is the singing Messiah.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,525,022 times
I think Cassadee or Terry will win, but most likely Cassadee. She has the look, sings in different categories and will sell records. What I like about her is that I can understand every word she says.....no mumbling, no slurring.

Terry was good last night......he had decent back up singers....it was good that his wife and kid were there, I think that helped him. He belongs in a band, not single.

Why didn't they clean Nicholas up this much in the beginning?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:02 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Loved Cassadee - she sounded really great - Blake is spot on with helping her make those song choices - it really shows how talented that girl really is. She should win. Christina gave her good props, too.

Trevin was awful, REALLY REALLY flat - ugh. Terry was as underwhelming as usual, and while I though Nick's performance was touching (with his family there and all) it was far from being one of his better ones. He looked sick to me, he was really perspiring when he sat down, so that might be why.

Wonder who will go home? I would guess Trevin.

Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post

Why didn't they clean Nicholas up this much in the beginning?

Probably because he wouldn't allow it!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I think America got it right, don't know about the final four as far as who will win. Can't imagine an album form Terry, what..classic rock? Casa-D, ya I can see an album, Trevin, definitely and Nicholas definitely.
I'm there with you.

I'm buying Nicholas's CD, not iTune, CD. Trevin, I'm downloading but I'm definitely getting sum. Cassidy, you ain't my cup of tea but I give her all the props that I can give. Terry's a challenge. I haven't heard him to anybody better than the original and even those were all songs from when I was in my 20's. What can you do for me lately?

PS - is it just me but even as strong as Terry's voice is I always get the feeling that he has tapped out on his lung capacity at the end of a note. I know that he isn't but it just seems that way to me.

Nicolas David: Arron Nevile meets Joe Cocker meets Mack Rebennack meets Richie Haven. It must be an old guy thing, but maybe not....

Old 12-11-2012, 01:22 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
Last night was not a good night for Trevin. He has done much, much better.

I loved Nicholas' performance. Very moving. His voice is well-suited to a simple musical accompaniment, rather than a huge production which overshadows him.

Casadee is vocally talented, but her songs remind me of this soft-pop-rock style that I just do not care for. The songs she has sung on this show do not move me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV