Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 03:21 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Did they say who the Season 5 judges will be? I assume Christina and CeeLo will be back so Blake and Adam can go tour?
I would think so, too. It didn't but it was an older article from last year, before the new season started. I'll post the link for you. It couldn't comment on how Shakira and Usher felt about being with the show since it was written at the end of Season 3. I'm sure there are more recent articles. I was just curious about when the show began taping for the new season. Didn't realize it was so long ago.

The Voice Is Confirmed For Seasons 4 and 5! - The Voice

Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I would think so, too. It didn't but it was an older article from last year, before the new season started. I'll post the link for you. It couldn't comment on how Shakira and Usher felt about being with the show since it was written at the end of Season 3. I'm sure there are more recent articles. I was just curious about when the show began taping for the new season. Didn't realize it was so long ago.

The Voice Is Confirmed For Seasons 4 and 5! - The Voice
Gave you rep, but kitty stepped on my hand just as I was clicking and did a left click instead of a right so I couldn't sign it. heh heh Thanks!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
Gave you rep, but kitty stepped on my hand just as I was clicking and did a left click instead of a right so I couldn't sign it. heh heh Thanks!

So that was you who left a big blank space! lol That's right, blame the cat. Thanks for the rep, though.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 PM

Wow I didn't even recognize Shakira. I thought she was from Voice Australia or something until she spoke. She looks so different!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:54 AM

Some excellent battle rounds last night. They're doing better at making them enjoyable music. I noticed when Shakira was working with hers, she was still pregnant so they started working before she had the kid in January.

I was surprised no one stole J'Sun. Even though I thought he was better than Garrett I was glad Garrett won the round just because I like him. I thought sure there would be several steal buttons pushed and a fight over J'Sun. I'd have definitely taken him over the little red headed gymnast that Blake stole. The one who stood on stage like a terrified deer in the headlights. She hit all her notes IIRC but she made me uncomfortable because she looked so miserable up there.

The two gals who did It's a Man's World were just great! Glad they're both moving on.

I'm not the only one watching this am I? DWTS can't be that good this season!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:44 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
I really, really, really hope that they keep Shakira. I never knew anything about her before this show but I like her SO much better than Christina. Usher is sort of growing on me too. I think he does a very good job coaching.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,705,006 times
Quote:
Some excellent battle rounds last night. They're doing better at making them enjoyable music. I noticed when Shakira was working with hers, she was still pregnant so they started working before she had the kid in January.

I was surprised no one stole J'Sun. Even though I thought he was better than Garrett I was glad Garrett won the round just because I like him. I thought sure there would be several steal buttons pushed and a fight over J'Sun. I'd have definitely taken him over the little red headed gymnast that Blake stole. The one who stood on stage like a terrified deer in the headlights. She hit all her notes IIRC but she made me uncomfortable because she looked so miserable up there.

The two gals who did It's a Man's World were just great! Glad they're both moving on.

I'm not the only one watching this am I? DWTS can't be that good this season!
I was doing my mom's taxes til about 9:45. Better late than never is my motto!

Hope to catch a repeat of this show.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM

758 posts, read 1,639,842 times
I'm really enjoying having Shakira as a judge. I hope she stays on. Especially if they could keep the current lineup (Shakira, Usher, Adam, Blake).

I'm so mad at Blake choosing the Swon brothers over Christian Porter. And I can't believe that no one 'stole' him. Still annoyed at the false term: steal. It's not a steal!

I was actually happy that the gymnast girl moved on. There is something interesting about her, though I imagine she won't be good enough to last much longer.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I thought it was a great show last night, great job at who was paired together and I think the judges made all the right choices.

I do like the other girl over Judith Hill, however. I don't know, I just have a hard time with people who have sung professionally being on these shows. I know there are plenty and I know of them, so no need to blast me with this person and that person blah blah.

Just my opinion. I really Like Holly on Blakes team.....

Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I do like the other girl over Judith Hill, however. I don't know, I just have a hard time with people who have sung professionally being on these shows.
Well that's just plain stu...

Quote:
I know there are plenty and I know of them, so no need to blast me with this person and that person blah blah.
Drat! Cut off mid-blast!

The "power singers" never win (see Viki Martinez and Beverly McClellan) and Karina Iglesias seems like Viki Martinez on steroids.

Having said that, The Voice has from the beginning has established itself as a competition for folks with solid professional cred (See Javiar Colon, Jermaine Paul, and Cassadee Pope) and I don't see that stopping anytime soon because this appears to be the shows modus vivendi ad initio. So while I don't buy into conspiracy theories in general... I do believe that the only thing The Voice absolutely needs is a winner who is going to hit the road running directly to the Grammys in order to establish its bona fides against American Idol and Judith Hill, barring an upset by Sarah Simmons is that person. She has the chops, the looks and the cred to be that person as every poll I can find has her the prohibitive favorite so far.

Last edited by ovcatto; 04-16-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV