Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 06:26 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,609 times

Advertisements

Michelle has a strong following. I believe that Sasha and Amber will leave tonight. If I am wrong, I believe it will be the Swon Brothers and either Sasha or Amber. Personally, I believe that Michelle and Danielle will be the final two.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:42 AM

132 posts, read 195,820 times

It looks like all three country artists have songs in the top ten on itunes. Is this about to become a one-genre singing competition?
Attached Thumbnails
The Voice-screen-shot-2013-06-11-7.39.54  

Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 AM

758 posts, read 1,639,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Did they just show an entire movie during the commercial? I'm pretty sure I don't have to pay to see White House Down now.

I said the same thing to my hubby!

I cannot believe that the Swon Brothers are at #3 and #9 right now. Didn't people notice that there were like 10 other people singing with them on Danny's song...and when those other people dropped out the harmonies (pretty much the only reason we should like them as a duo is the 'magical melding of their voices') weren't nearly as solid?

And Blake with his "grown the most" comment. Please. They have essentially sang the exact same song in the exact same way every time.

That being said, Amber really did herself in with Firework. I was hoping she would hit it out of the park but...eh. Sad was pretty good (Blake is right, she is incredibly emotionally connected while singing), but I don't think it is a song that as many people knew.

Sasha ROCKED Bad Girls, but I'm not sure it would be enough to keep her in.

I hated Michelle's first song. Don't like the song. Don't think she sang it well. But I love her, and I absolutely loved Time after Time. Bought it. Hope she wins.

I thought Danielle had never sang in front of people before the show? Why then, are they talking about her always singing at events? I would love it if she lost. I like her less each week.

Sadly, I think Amber and Sasha will go home this week, and probably the Kmart Bros will end up sweeping it.

Did anyone catch why Sasha's son wasn't there for the reunion? We rewinded it a couple of times, but still couldn't figure it out.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:44 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
I liked Donna Summer too, but I don't even remember that song, and I didn't like it. Then she gives us another blast from the past with Dolly Parton's (yeah I listened to country back then) IWALY. Even Whitney's version is decades old. Sasha did nothing to modernize or make either song interesting. I could understand doing oldies but goodies if they were the best choice for her voice and style, but I don't think they were so why not go with something more up to date?

I normally am a fan of Michele but hated her first song and thought her 2nd was just okay. I think she has to worry tonight unless her previous performances carry her thru this. Doesn't look like Michele was in the top 10 iTunes at the time Asderfut copied them. Thanks for posting that Asderfut.

Does anyone else hate the hometown return segments as much as I do? They all seem to be the exact same script, just different actors playing the lead.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
iTunes Top 100 Songs (USA)

Above is the link so you can check the standings. They change based on sales.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM

1,336 posts, read 1,823,738 times
Right now both the Swons and Danielle are in the top 10. Safe to say they are staying. As for the third spot? I still say Michelle for her loyal following, but personally I prefer Amber.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Current standings:

2. Danny’s Song (The Voice Performance) - The Swon Brothers

4. Who I Am (The Voice Performance) - Danielle Bradbery

6. Please Remember Me (The Voice Performance) - Danielle Bradbery

8. Turn the Page (The Voice Performance) - The Swon Brothers

9. Sad (The Voice Performance) - Amber Carrington

12. Time After Time (The Voice Performance) - Michelle Chamuel

24. Clarity (The Voice Performance) - Michelle Chamuel

48. I Will Always Love You (The Voice Performance) - Sasha Allen

That's the top 75 -- for some reason the last 25 don't come up for me.

Amber and Sasha only have 1 song each in the top 75, and Sasha's is pretty low. So I'd guess Sasha is going home. And probably Amber, tho her 1 song is pretty high.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Amber managed to squeak one of her songs into the top 10 so that may save her bacon tonight. We shall see, we shall see...

Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Any doubts about Sasha's superior talent should be dispensed by these pre-Voice videos:

___

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Time for my thoughts, not that anyone cares! LOL!

I really enjoyed the performances last night. I will say, Michelle's were both the least favorites for me. Maybe I am bored with her, but didn't like either song that much. Her voice sounded nice as always though.

I though Sashsa KILLED it on both. That girl can SANG! Her version of "I Will Always Love You" was beautiful, one of the only ones I have ever enjoyed that were not sung by Whitney or Dolly. She didn't try to oversing, and it was beautifully controlled. Then she did an about-face and put on a show for us with "Bad Girls", just loved it!

Amber made a huge mistake with Firework, not good at all. I loved her on Sad however, just beautiful.

Both of Danielle's songs, just great. She is going to win, I tell you.

I LOVED the Swons last night. I agree they have grown by leaps and bounds. I felt like I was watching some stars on one of the country awards shows or something. They may end up being #2 behind Danielle, I see their itunes rankings are high. Blake is a smart coach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV