Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 05:02 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,370 times

Advertisements

I only wish more people would watch parenthood. It has a loyal audience of around 4.5 million people, but it is hard to understand why it doesnt attract a larger audience.

Parenthood is a great show that deals with the difficult topics of being a parent----the show deals with the problems in a very special manner.

For those who are getting bored with the mundane and repetitive offering of reality tv and suppossed cutting edge tv, than by all means turn in to parenthood. My wife and I have watched it from the beginning and we look forward to each new episode----this is television at its best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times
LOL...I really like Jason Ritter too....his is quite the actor now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
No! No! I want me some more Jason Ritter!! He's such a big ol cuddly thing, I love to watch him.
Stupid Sarah. I'm very upset with her.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Funny, I thought the same thing after watching this last episode. I love Monica Potter and her character, but to be a bit more REAL they should have kept her touch and go status (can't believe I am saying this..) for a while. Magically getting better on Christmas Eve....

I was also thinking how for the most part, they all get along and love each other so much...hehe.

But then, this IS a TV show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1 View Post
This show and The Good Wife are the only ones I watch---

Me, too! Same two shows.

That being said, I do not know how much longer I will stay with "Parenthood." There are many things I like about the show, and I think the acting is outstanding. However, I am growing tired of the same fairy tale endings for everything: the family all together, smiling, toasting, hugging, with the cheesey music playing in the background. Just once, I would like to see come real conflict that doesn't spoon feed the viewers the same predictable happy ending. Not that I want sadness and horrific things, but I hope the writers can get a little more creative.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
...My favorite part was when Amber told Ryan they needed some space ---- Good for her --- she might actually not go down the same path as her mom when it comes to men!!
That was excellent, wasn't it? I totally thought she would get sucked into nurture-world (not that there's anything wrong with that) or rescue-mode, as many women do. It took a lot of strength to do what she did. She does really love him.
And the contrast between how she handled it and how her mother handles - basically - the same situation with the needy/whiny Romano (can't think of his character's name). WTG Amber

Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Hell of an episode this week. I love this snow.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
I love this show. I wish I Had a family like this

Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM

606 posts, read 903,657 times
I really really love this show. I was excited to see a new episode pop up when I got on Hulu last night but I have to say I'm really NOT feeling this Sarah/Hank relationship. I've never really liked Ray Romano so perhaps i'm clouding this story line with bias. Do any of you like this pairing?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:42 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
I really really love this show. I was excited to see a new episode pop up when I got on Hulu last night but I have to say I'm really NOT feeling this Sarah/Hank relationship. I've never really liked Ray Romano so perhaps i'm clouding this story line with bias. Do any of you like this pairing?
i think its okay.. but don't worry, her and amber run through so many men i don't see it lasting long..

Old 01-04-2013, 12:15 AM

Romano likely won't last too long... maybe it will end as just having been infatuation... on both sides.

Monica Potter is doing great with her portrayal of living with/treatment of cancer...very believable.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 AM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Romano likely won't last too long... maybe it will end as just having been infatuation... on both sides.

Monica Potter is doing great with her portrayal of living with/treatment of cancer...very believable.
I like Sarah and Hank, better than her and Mark, but i don't know if it will last.

Yes I think Monica is doing a great job, they gave her a beautiful head and she didn't lose her eyebrows! She looked great, don't know how realistic that was.

Well it looks like Amy is pregnant! I wonder if the baby is Sarahs son's, ya know she was seeing that other guy for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV