Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

I think there was a different Seth in the first season. I'll have to go back to look for sure, but there was one or two episodes in the first season where Seth appeared briefly and I don't think he was played by John Corbett.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,893,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk65 View Post
I'm liking the storyline with Seth. I'm not sure if I like him personally as the actor but I think the role he plays makes me not want to like him or trust him. I want Sara to be there for him but I want her to have her own life too and not get sucked back into the negative aspects of his life.

In our country so many families deal with the reality of alcoholism in their own homes and I think it is a good storyline to have in the show since it is one I am sure many can relate to.
The thing is, what you see alcoholism portrayed as in tv shows and movies doesn't even compare to the reality of it.

No, the reality is far worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I think there was a different Seth in the first season. I'll have to go back to look for sure, but there was one or two episodes in the first season where Seth appeared briefly and I don't think he was played by John Corbett.
Nope.I haven't missed an episode yet and he's always been played by the same actor.

On second thought though, IDK. You could possibly be right.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:10 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Nope.I haven't missed an episode yet and he's always been played by the same actor.
I found him! (Thank you, google. )

Darin Heames - IMDb

It looks like he was just in the pilot; I was thinking he was in a later episode in the first season as well but it doesn't look like that's the case.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I found him! (Thank you, google. )

Darin Heames - IMDb

It looks like he was just in the pilot; I was thinking he was in a later episode in the first season as well but it doesn't look like that's the case.
Thanks for the correction

Old 11-09-2011, 07:05 AM

656 posts, read 1,991,181 times
My favorite part of the episode last night was when Amber opened up the package containing all the birthday cards that her Dad had missed sending her. The fact that he found the only birthday card he had given her really made Seth pause and realize how meaningful 1 card was for his daughter----and how many he missed!

Not too sure yet about the Adam and receptionist storyline. I just hope that from next weeks previews that Adam was simply dreaming about kissing his receptionist and NOT actually doing it. I like that Adam is the "perfect" one and I'll be disappointed if that changes. Geez, where is Crosby when you need him ---- that is what he is supposed to do not Adam!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:15 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,141,697 times
I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this show only because the personalities and behaviors remind me of my in-laws at times. The whole Braverman boasting they do, my in-laws are the same way. They also talk over each other all the time which I find super annoying in the writing but also because it reminds me of a gathering at my in-laws, where no one can get a word in. So in that aspect it feels real. I am not crazy about sarah's character. Not sure if its the actress or not. I have seen Laura Graham in many things and she does tend to have the same facial expressions. I hate that dead stare she does every now and then. I know she was asked at the last minute as another actress had to bow out due to cancer. I can't remember her name but she has been in ER, Rescue me and Liar Liar with Jim Carrey. Anyhoo...I think its a pretty good show.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,737,962 times
Made me cry again last night. I remember those feelings after having a baby and then the birthday cards at the end. Crosby feeling threatened by another man's relationship with his son. All good stuff.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:59 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,257,207 times
The actress that was originally supposed to play Sarah is Maura Tierney.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:11 PM

well, we all saw it coming didn't we? The kiss between seth and sarah?

I think seth's time is done on the show now though. You guys dont like him, but I actually think he would be a good fixture in the show, fior his kids.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Um, didn't Seth part from the show last night? That was my feeling and my hope. At least from Sarah's life. I may have to tune out if this show gets anymore depressing, watching others in real life, repeatedly, let themselves get emotionally stomped around on is exhausting enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV