Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 07:32 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Wouldn't it be fun to have a queen? One with a castle and who still really does wear a crown.
Queen Oprah > Queen Elizabeth

Old 05-02-2011, 01:00 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Wouldn't it be fun to have a queen? One with a castle and who still really does wear a crown.
A Nanny--everyone is sent to time out.

whispering--We don't like that--we would have tantrums.

More suited for life in Margaritaville--

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,645,484 times
I don't ever WANT any royals here! We had a Revolutionary War to cease being their 'subjects' (or puppets?), remember?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Piers Morgan irritated me, too--fwiw. He did have Andrew Lloyd Webber on one segment--I knew him. I don't really know who Piers Morgan is--something to do with 'The Apprentice'/UK and US---not a great fan of that show.

I wish I had a job where being obnoxious was a requirement--my mouth has gotten me into some awkward situations. lol--If only I had been able to sing---I could replace Kathie Lee--according to those who know me too well.

I will say both Hoda and Kathie wear there clothes well--great arms. Women of the 21st century--woohootiehoo!!
Jeez, Kathie Lee?, lol. last time I saw her was a red and black cocktail dress for new years- early 90's.

I hate news that takes its female demographic for granted. Not everyone wants to hear tripe about the latest new item to buy on HSN channel, nor see Kathie Lee pretending she is 30 again. Plastic surgery works wonders.

watch linktv Amy Goodman is no frills and has a brain what a concept. not meaninig to go OT- I'm too opinionated for tv/entertainment.lol.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I don't ever WANT any royals here! We had a Revolutionary War to cease being their 'subjects' (or puppets?), remember?
Yep. Now we are puppets to two parties which are puppets to international corporations.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM

692 posts, read 1,004,771 times
Quote:
Only if she:

Bans the wearing of fug hats
Gets an actual job beyond showing up and waving
Buys all her jewelry at Jared
Doesn't look constipated in public
Doesn't inbreed
and the most important one of all: I get to be the royal chanteuse and sing her anthem at all her public appearances

YouTube - Queen To-Be (from Coming To America) (http://youtu.be/x6OIlvBb8XE - broken link)

Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Only if she:

Bans the wearing of fug hats
Gets an actual job beyond showing up and waving
Buys all her jewelry at Jared
Doesn't look constipated in public
Doesn't inbreed
and the most important one of all: I get to be the royal chanteuse and sing her anthem at all her public appearances

YouTube - Queen To-Be (from Coming To America) (http://youtu.be/x6OIlvBb8XE - broken link)
Done. Except for the hat part. I love the hats.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Done. Except for the hat part. I love the hats.
Me too!

Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Me too!
Especially the ones Fergie's daughter's were wearing. They looked all sorts of mentally unstable. loved it! Cinderella's evil stepsisters come to mind.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:53 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Especially the ones Fergie's daughter's were wearing. They looked all sorts of mentally unstable. loved it! Cinderella's evil stepsisters come to mind.
I loved almost all of the hats, minus a few unfortunate ones; especially Beatrice and Eugenie's. Of course if they truly did that to make a statement about leaving their mom off the guest list, well, I understand. If that's the case well, good for them. It's good to be loyal to your mom.

There were so many that I loved, but here are several.

Royal Wedding Coverage: Hats on Beatrice, Eugenie and Beckham : People.com

Even Queen Elizabeth had on a positively perky hat, for her. She may not show her emotions, having been taught to squash them, but she dearly loves William and it showed. That was the queen's equivalent of doing cartwheels.

And these are some of the loveliest young ladies.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV