Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:33 PM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times

Advertisements

May 30th is the date of the season premiere of the Biggest Loser Extreme Weight Loss edition. The previews for this season look amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 05:02 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,099 times
I think you mean ABC's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition? Different show, and different network, but they do mention the Biggest Loser in one of the commercials I've seen for it - one of the participants says something about how hard it is to be bigger than the biggest contestants on the Biggest Loser.

Based on the commercials I've seen it's a non-competitive show, and they follow the participants for one year, and each episode focusses on one person.

Oh, and I just googled it, and it turns out it's from "producers of The Biggest Loser and MasterChef"
Watch Full Episodes for Free Online - Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition - ABC.com

Since it's non-competitive and it takes place over a year, it sounds more like a documentary than the typical reality show format we're so used to. It could be interesting!

Does anyone remember the original Extreme Makeover? I only watched it a few times, but it was on for years, and was about people getting extreme makeovers that included lots of plastic surgery, and weight loss, and they were away from family for several months, and the ending was the unveiling, when they went home to shock their eager friends and family. Then ABC debuted a spin off, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, which is still on. And now we're getting Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. It's kind of funny how a series that was considered one of the worst on TV (because of the plastic surgery aspect), had a spin off that has evolved into a respectable hit - which is now spawning a second spin-off, that sort of goes back to the original theme of making over people, but in a more acceptable way? Kind of interesting...

Last edited by bouncethelight; 05-09-2011 at 05:12 AM..

Old 05-09-2011, 06:57 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,546,270 times
Yeah I remember the original Extreme Makeover. I'm not gonna lie, I watched all those plastic surgery shows....including The Swan which was definitely the worst of them all lol.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah I remember the original Extreme Makeover. I'm not gonna lie, I watched all those plastic surgery shows....including The Swan which was definitely the worst of them all lol.
OMG!! The Swan! haha! I watched that too. Hilarious. I lvoe the plastic surgery shows. I mis Dr. 90210 Why did that go off the air anyway. They didn't end it like it was going off. There was alot of unanswered questions and unfinished business.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:21 AM

563 posts, read 1,498,652 times
Default Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

Anyone interested in this? It's like another version of "Losing it with Jillian" really. I enjoy the weight loss shows just because seeing the physical transformation is very interesting and amazing. I also like the fact that all these shows are helping to prevent our nation from being crazy filled with obese people. It's nice to see people inspired by these shows and making their own transformations.

Here's a little info on the show from the website:

In each of the eight one-hour episodes, participants undergo a transformation not only of their bodies, but of who they are as individuals. Each stand-alone episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition chronicles one participant's journey. The eight remarkable individuals attempting an astonishing one-year weight loss are:
* Alex, 23, an All-American kid who, at 459 pounds, wants to get healthy to set a good example for his two teen brothers.

* Dana, 44, a bachelor weighing 497 pounds who prays for the day he will have a family to share his life.

* James, 26, a former football star whose weight ballooned to 651 pounds and who now wonders if his dream of having a career in sports will ever come true.

* Krista, 34, a devoted mother whose care for her developmentally-disabled daughter has taken a tremendous toll on her 445-pound body.

* LaRhonda, 24, a young woman who weighs 433 pounds and remembers being put on her first diet at age 8 because she weighed over 100 pounds.

* Rachel, 21, a first grade teacher and former homecoming queen who weighs 369 pounds.

* Staci, 30, a 456-pound married mom caring for her husband and their two young children, while doing her best to keep a positive outlook.

* Wally, 26, a young father who weighs 490 pounds and whose wife is uncertain if her husband will be around to see their daughter grow up.

ps- it starts Monday, May 30th at 10 Eastern

Old 05-16-2011, 06:41 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,930,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
Anyone interested in this? It's like another version of "Losing it with Jillian" really. I enjoy the weight loss shows just because seeing the physical transformation is very interesting and amazing. I also like the fact that all these shows are helping to prevent our nation from being crazy filled with obese people. It's nice to see people inspired by these shows and making their own transformations.

Here's a little info on the show from the website:

In each of the eight one-hour episodes, participants undergo a transformation not only of their bodies, but of who they are as individuals. Each stand-alone episode of Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition chronicles one participant's journey. The eight remarkable individuals attempting an astonishing one-year weight loss are:
* Alex, 23, an All-American kid who, at 459 pounds, wants to get healthy to set a good example for his two teen brothers.

* Dana, 44, a bachelor weighing 497 pounds who prays for the day he will have a family to share his life.

* James, 26, a former football star whose weight ballooned to 651 pounds and who now wonders if his dream of having a career in sports will ever come true.

* Krista, 34, a devoted mother whose care for her developmentally-disabled daughter has taken a tremendous toll on her 445-pound body.

* LaRhonda, 24, a young woman who weighs 433 pounds and remembers being put on her first diet at age 8 because she weighed over 100 pounds.

* Rachel, 21, a first grade teacher and former homecoming queen who weighs 369 pounds.

* Staci, 30, a 456-pound married mom caring for her husband and their two young children, while doing her best to keep a positive outlook.

* Wally, 26, a young father who weighs 490 pounds and whose wife is uncertain if her husband will be around to see their daughter grow up.

ps- it starts Monday, May 30th at 10 Eastern
I am really excited to watch this! I love "extreme makeovers" of all kinds.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:27 AM

6 posts, read 8,271 times
8 month ago, i had 180 lbs weight and i was worried about my overweighting..
I used some supplements according to the instructions of my personnel trainer and loss 40 lbs weight just in 6 month..

Old 05-30-2011, 08:26 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,077 times
Default Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition

This show just premiered tonight, im about a half an hour in and i really like it so far! Chris Powell is pretty good! Thinking this will be a new monday ritual

anyone else watching?

Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,588,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
This show just premiered tonight, im about a half an hour in and i really like it so far! Chris Powell is pretty good! Thinking this will be a new monday ritual

anyone else watching?
i'll be watching it "on demand"

fewer commercials

Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,099 times
I just watched the premiere episode, and what I liked was that the woman they followed for a year, in this episode did NOT follow the program perfectly - and they showed it all. She lost sooooooo much weight, they could have edited it to make it look like a huge success - she lost 160 pounds in one year, which is amazing! But they didn't gloss over her struggles.

They showed how she she only lost 3 pounds in three months, and they showed her missing her goal weight, three times. They also showed her parents not being as supportive as you would expect. Sometimes these weight loss series show the participants tripping up, but it's usually resolved by the end of the episode. But real life is tough, and an entire year of being followed by a camera? Super tough! And she wasn't perfect, and they didn't shy away from showing that, but in the end she'd lost almost half her body weight and she looked amazing.

It was an inspiring show!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV