U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 02:08 PM

13,540 posts, read 10,431,750 times

Advertisements

The best part of last night show was Stevie Nicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 06:33 PM

No comments about AGT for last night? Must have been even more boring than the last. Tonight we will see who goes through. I don't think there will be too many surprises.

Piers stuck his big foot in it when he talked about Melissa Villasenor's performance in Vegas when she never performed in Vegas.

Didn't he do that once before?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:17 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,506,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
No comments about AGT for last night? Must have been even more boring than the last. Tonight we will see who goes through. I don't think there will be too many surprises.

Piers stuck his big foot in it when he talked about Melissa Villasenor's performance in Vegas when she never performed in Vegas.

Didn't he do that once before?
Again, I just wasn't too impressed with most of the performances, even the ones that are moving on to the semi-finals. The majority of the performers were better during the audition rounds, IMHO.

I wished that The Kinetic King's display hasn't gone kaplooey, because it would have been fascinating to watch but, alas .....

In terms of who's going on -- I don't think there were any surprises.

Next week the show will consist of 12 YouTube contestants. Here's hoping at least some of them are worth watching.

Now, without sounding TOO snarky ..... does anyone else think that Sam B. is a bit, well, off?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM

28,218 posts, read 21,146,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
Again, I just wasn't too impressed with most of the performances, even the ones that are moving on to the semi-finals. The majority of the performers were better during the audition rounds, IMHO.

I wished that The Kinetic King's display hasn't gone kaplooey, because it would have been fascinating to watch but, alas .....

In terms of who's going on -- I don't think there were any surprises.

Next week the show will consist of 12 YouTube contestants. Here's hoping at least some of them are worth watching.

Now, without sounding TOO snarky ..... does anyone else think that Sam B. is a bit, well, off?
Agree, how he made it this far much less on the show at all is beyond me. Yes tonights go forward acts were pretty much predictable. The Illuminators were the only real good ones this week. Yes, too bad the Kinetic King's performance bombed, I actually enjoyed his kinetic tricks.
Hopefully the YouTubers will bring something good to the table.

Last edited by wit-nit; 08-04-2011 at 12:51 AM..

Old 08-04-2011, 12:44 PM

Poor Kinetic King. I felt so bad for him. The rest was blah and predictable. They really need another YouTube Jackie Evancho performance contestant to make this season anywhere near interesting.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM

2,906 posts, read 4,172,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Poor Kinetic King. I felt so bad for him. The rest was blah and predictable. They really need another YouTube Jackie Evancho performance contestant to make this season anywhere near interesting.
I hope he is one of the wild cards they put back in the competition!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,506,988 times
America's Got *Stupid*!

Spoiler
I'm guessing that the high school dance team won because there are so many members on the team, and they were able to get all their friends and relatives to vote. I'm sorry but, other than their makeup, there was absolutely NOTHING special about them. No way were they one of the three best acts last night.

But they're going on to the semi-finals. Whatever .....

Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,212,804 times
That's exactly what I was thinking too, DoM - I doubt they'll get much further but one of the other acts could've.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Whoops! I got on the thread forgetting that those people on the East Coast already know who won. Thanks for the spoiler hider. I better get off before I get tempted to peek. We have about 40 minutes before it begins.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:03 PM

Okay now I can look. I agree about the West Springfield Dance Team. The first performance was kind of interesting but last night's was dull. The judges keep telling contestants if they don't step up their game they won't go anywhere but this obviously didn't apply to the this dance team.

I wonder if they can do anything other than what we have seen.

So glad for the Kinetic King, that's one for the Nerds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV