Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:37 AM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,060 times

Advertisements

The Andy Griffith Show is coming to Me-TV as well. I'm actually disappointed because TV Land already airs it a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 11:11 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
I love Me TV, the shows I grew up with back in the day were so much better than the shows of today. My cable system also has another retro channel so there is always something on worth watching.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:02 PM

106 posts, read 64,377 times
I'm a huge fan of me-tv . I love all the classic shows. But after a while the same old shows can get boring.

Old 05-25-2015, 10:20 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
I haven't seen in any of the posts that Frasier is on any of the channels mentioned, ie ME-TV, AntTV, etc. Your username reminded me of this.

I would like to see Designing Women come to Me or Ant (the only two I get). I was able to actually listen on the car radio to DW when I was attending a nighttime community college class. I'd be driving home listening to the TV show. That was pretty cool. I was partial to "Suzanne", that is my daughter's name.

Old 10-25-2015, 05:10 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I love Me-TV. I've been watching nothing but retro channels for the past two weeks.

Neal Sabin: The programming mastermind behind Me-TV
Now in his 20th year at Chicago-based Weigel Broadcasting, Sabin has built Me-TV in a national network by knowing exactly which shows play well in perpetuity.
Weigel partnered with Fox last year to launch Movies!, going head-to-head with This TV. Meanwhile the success of Me-TV has spawned imitators such as Cozi, a classic TV diginet started by NBCUniversal last year. Other major diginet players include Tribune Broadcasting's Antenna TV and Atlanta-based Bounce TV, which features African-American-focused programming.

Measured against cable networks, Me-TV ranks sixth during the daytime and 28th during prime time, besting networks such as Tribune Co.'s WGN America, according to Nielsen, and drawing praise for Sabin, even from competitors.

While Me-TV beats many cable networks in the ratings, it doesn't match them on the revenue front. Me-TV splits 12 minutes of commercial time each hour with affiliates — far less inventory than most cable networks have. And unlike cable networks, Me-TV doesn't get subscription fees from cable and satellite providers. Sabin and Weigel have nonetheless proved diginets to be a viable business.

On the success of Me-TV: "One of the reasons I think Me-TV is doing so phenomenally well is, it is the antidote to reality television.

His least favorite Me-TV staple: "Hogan's Heroes." "I have trouble getting through a whole episode," Sabin said.
I agree with the antidote to reality TV comment, as well as the dislike for Hogan's Heroes. I've tried watching but just can't get into it.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:40 PM

1,548 posts, read 913,343 times
I psyched for The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson coming in January. Nightly! Beats the hell out of the the current late night talk shows.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:57 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
I psyched for The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson coming in January. Nightly! Beats the hell out of the the current late night talk shows.
I'll definitely be watching Johnny. I'm already in seventh-heaven with The Carol Burnett Show airing weeknights. Finally, something decent and truly funny to watch before bed.

If Me-TV somehow manages to get a hold of The Ed Sullivan Show or The Smothers Brothers, I just might never channel-surf again.

Old 10-26-2015, 12:32 PM

2,810 posts, read 204,919 times
I Love Classic Tv Shows! But Me-Tv should get some" New" classics. Not the same tired classics reran all the time like I Love Lucy or Mash.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:01 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I wish I could get ME-TV here in the area of Florida I live in. I have this Brighthouse Cable Network, and they don't carry this channel or the Inspiration Channel. Before I lived in Florida I had Me-TV and I miss it. It was one of the very few cable TV Channels I enjoyed watching. Now I'm stuck with just TV Land, and We -TV. Neither one of these is any good. TV-Land has changed somewhat, and the show s they play I don't seem interested in. We-TV is strange. It will take an older show and continuously play episodes, for 6 or 7 hours straight. Mostly shows I never cared for that much.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:14 AM

1,785 posts, read 2,382,960 times
I watch Star Trek on MeTV, even though I have Netflix and can watch any episode of it I want at any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV