Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
"Buffy, the Vampire Slayer," was absolutely one of the best TV shows ever, too many good episodes to mention, but that was a particularly sad one. I also thought the finale was the best I have ever seen as well, it was partially sad because not all the characters survived the final fight, but it was also incredibly moving because Buffy was set free at the end, and we knew she was being given her life back, she was finally free to pursue a future for herself, and all those young girls were being given their birthright strength. I can tear up just thinking about how good it was!
The writing of that show was amazing. The ep when her mom died, with no background music through the whole episode, was just so hauntingly well done.

The Season 2 finale of Buffy makes me bawl like a baby every time, when she kills Angel because she has to save the world. Every time I hear Full of Grace by Sarah McLachlan I turn into a blubbering mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 02:30 AM

110 posts, read 383,696 times
The Futurama season finales, in particular the dog one and the one where he finds his older brother's 7 leaf clover.

Futurama// seymour waits for fry (jurassic bark ending) - YouTube

Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Gosh, I never watched "Six Feet Under" when it aired but heard how good it was. I think now after reading all these posts about it, I want to rent it from NetFlix. Thanks everyone. Great recommendations.

Definetly rent it on Netflix. You won't regret it

Old 09-15-2012, 10:24 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
While not the series finale, Michael J. Fox's last episode of Spin City was a sad one.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
The saddest series finale that I have ever seen was MASH.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:52 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,790 times
Rescue Me

Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I'm almost at the end of Six Feet under...I have 1.5 discs to go

Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM

475 posts, read 648,553 times
So many to pick from:
-Deep Space Nine, what got to me the most was Jake and Kira standing together at the stations portal at the end.
-The West Wing, while they wrapped everything up quite nicely, I was so sad that such an amazing series was over and that I would no longer be seeing all those wonderful characters who I had grown so fond of.
-Star Trek The Next Generation, the one scene that got me was when Picard sits down to play poker with his senior officers at the end.
-Battlestar Galactica, great first hour, hated the second hour of the finale so much that it made me cry tears of anger at the horrible writing!
-The X-Files, surprise and wonderful ending with the zoom in on the CROSS!
-ER, while I was glad to see this series finally end as they lost most of the cast I cared for between seasons 5-10, I thought they did an excellent tribute to the show by bringing back so many of the stars, even if many were cameos, and it did bring me to tears when it finally ended.
-Happy Days, yes this was a corny show but I loved it. The part that got to me in the finale was when Tom Bosley looks into the camera thanking the fans and says something like we hope happy days for all of you as well.
-Dallas, tears of anger over such a ridiculous finale
- Frasier was well done
-24, though I was happy to see it end, still, what an exciting show and yes feeling sad for Jack made me shed a few tears.
-Lost, while I did predict the ending, and I did shed a few tears over some of the back story, I thought that the writers took the cheap way out, as they had no idea how to wrap up a series that had gone off the tracks so to speak.
-Mash, more than any other series finale got to me the most, still does even just thinking about the last scene.
-Dawson's Creek, really enjoyed this show and was sad that Joey ended up with Pacey and not Dawson.
-L.A. Law, loved this series and was so sad to see it end.

There are probably others that I have forgotten but may add later, I am such a nostalgic kinda guy.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM

8,619 posts, read 10,146,663 times
LOST
M*A*S*H*
BSG
Buffy
China Beach
The O.C.

Also liked:
Star Trek Next Generation
Desperate Housewives
Wonder Years
Star Trek DSN
Friends
Will & Grace
Star Trek Voyager
Roseanne (despite the twist)

I'll certainly watch Six Feet Under soon!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,614,403 times
Another vote for Six Feet, It was devastating and beautiful.
Havent cried (blubbered) at a tv show before, or since
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV