Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 06:36 AM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlikeme View Post
I thought what she was saying to him was essentially - HAD he been out there taking those pictures, SHE would have seen him, SHE would have recognized him for who he was if he was around the Hamptons taking photos of Amanda/Jack/Carl.... so it wasn't him who took the pictures, but rather someone he hired to do so (my guess is that former cop maybe?).... and if he couldn't do it on his own, then he was a coward hiding somewhere instead of actually reaching out to her! but yeah I took her yelling at him over that to be - he wasn't even the one to take the pictures.

What really bothered me is Amanda looked nothing like childhood-Amanda, anywhere! How did she fool both David and Jack?! Heck, why didn't Jack ever think, "Gee, your accent is really weird now"? I think that's the most trouble I had. I could have believed it had it been someone like Arielle Kebbel, maybe (who looked a little like her in "john tucker must die")? Someone who could have at least SORT OF resembled Emily. Heck, there's got to be a million blonde haired, brown eyed actresses out there with non-descript accents....
Yes, that's the impression I got too.

I'm not so sure about the cop though... I can't figure out what he's up to yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 06:39 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Yes, that's the impression I got too.

I'm not so sure about the cop though... I can't figure out what he's up to yet.
Not Jack's partner.... the cop as in - the one that had quit stating he won a bunch of money in Atlantic City and passed away... that guy. The one where they found the double infinities carved in the garage because David had probably been staying there.

Old 11-11-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Not Jack's partner.... the cop as in - the one that had quit stating he won a bunch of money in Atlantic City and passed away... that guy. The one where they found the double infinities carved in the garage because David had probably been staying there.
oh yes, I forgot about him!

I agree with you then. Maybe he was the one who took followed and took the pictures.

Old 11-11-2014, 11:09 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
Quote:
I thought what she was saying to him was essentially - HAD he been out there taking those pictures, SHE would have seen him, SHE would have recognized him for who he was if he was around the Hamptons taking photos of Amanda/Jack/Carl.... so it wasn't him who took the pictures, but rather someone he hired to do so (my guess is that former cop maybe?).... and if he couldn't do it on his own, then he was a coward hiding somewhere instead of actually reaching out to her! but yeah I took her yelling at him over that to be - he wasn't even the one to take the pictures.
I need to rewatch this scene..I didn't think she meant that...

Maybe David is killing people that threatened him & his daughter...

Old 11-11-2014, 01:14 PM

6,471 posts, read 6,671,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I need to rewatch this scene..I didn't think she meant that...

Maybe David is killing people that threatened him & his daughter...
I don't know....none of these past few episodes seem like they can possibly make any sense in the context of all the previous seasons. Maybe the writers have some fabulous ace up their sleeve that will eventually blow us all away, but at this point the show has been completely disappointing.

As so many have said, it is insultingly stupid to expect us to believe David recognized Charlotte but not Emily(Amanda). If David was alive, and had been able to find a way to contact his daughter, but he chose not to, then David is not the sweet, caring father we have been seeing in Emily's flashbacks all these years. If he was not that wonderful man that we had been led to believe, then we would not have been rooting for Emily to clear his name and get the revenge she thought she deserved.

And perhaps most importantly, if David is just "playing dumb," and he does know Emily is actually his daughter, and this is all part of that "ace" up the writers' sleeve.....then he would know Nolan did not steal his daughter's money, and he would not have punched Nolan in the face.

I see no way for the writers to reconcile all these unbelievable story lines. But I keep watching, to see how they try.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Count me in as #4. I would have been happy if Margaux had expired in the sauna!

What was wrong with that dress she had on? It looked like it had a dark stain on the seat! Not appealing! And her hair in the sauna? Nasty.

As for the show...

Stupid. I don't like the way David didn't figure out who Emily really is, right away. He should have been able to look into her eyes and see it. I don't like the way he acts. Or lack of acting. I just don't like what they have done with the character. They should have just given him amnesia. That would have explained why he didn't know Emily. Duh!

Old 11-11-2014, 11:48 PM

665 posts, read 628,192 times
Possible Spoiler About Charlotte:

Old 11-12-2014, 01:12 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
I rewatched the scene with Emily confronting David with the photos...

She kept saying
"if you had the photos you could have reached out to her, and I would have known...
Why didn't you try !!!!"

Pretty sure she was saying that all that time she was greiving & clearing his name & revenging he was
choosing to stay away for some reason...She called him a coward..

Old 11-13-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaMermaid View Post
Possible Spoiler About Charlotte:

They should have let her jump off that ledge.....

unless she's going to be one of those that pops up in later episodes.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:43 AM

27 posts, read 130,078 times
I am operating on the assumption that David knows exactly who his daughter is. He has been hiding out for years planning his own revenge. He went after Nolan in order to solidify his place with Victoria. He was an intelligent man. He layed it all out in his journals about who was part of the conspiracy. If this is not the direction the writers go, I will be shocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV