Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,015 times

Advertisements

I don't think he will go to the police but why wouldn't he go to Victoria? If she finds out about it then she may suspect Emily of other violence, like killing Frank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I admit the show did seem very disjointed last night . Like why did they bring back Mason Treadwell? He's not a very likeable character. Did Emily set that all up to get them off of Jack??? And why the new painter guy? That was odd and uncomfortable in my opinion.

But the scene where Emily beat up the guy, while odd or weird why they would have her do that, kind of makes sense to me. First of all, in my area of experience, you have a bad guy who took money to get thugs in jail to beat up Daniel. Why in the world would Emily be worried about this guy going to the police on her? People with 'unclean' hands don't go getting the police involved in this type of crime.

So in my opinion, it all comes back to having blackmail information on Victoria should she need it (and she always does - lol) and when she got the information she needed from this guy, she had to beat him up to get away from him and also extract revenge for Daniel. Makes perfect sense to me and adds the potential drama of this guy trying to find her to seek his revenge . All to keep us viewers in suspense and watching the show !

Just my humble opinion !
Good point! I guess it's always good to see the other side of the coin. That makes really good sense and you've made me better understand motives on this show. Overall, this show was off-balance for me this time around. They spent way too much time on Victoria's affair.....maybe that will all make sense later also. I'm more interested in what happened with the "Amanda" and what will happen to Jack. Also, would like to see the revenge plan unfold a bit more. I'm guessing next week's episode is new??? I'm crossing my fingers.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 PM

665 posts, read 628,309 times
Quote:
I'm guessing next week's episode is new??? I'm crossing my fingers.
Yes. Every episode from here on out are new.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 PM

665 posts, read 628,309 times
Episode 1x18 "Justice" (Airs April 25): Episode Summary and Promo

Summary:
Spoiler
When Emily finds out who was responsible for her father's murder, Victoria's pawns become entangled in an insidious cover-up; as Declan gives his testimony, his relationship with a self-destructive Charlotte unravels.

Promo:

Old 04-21-2012, 06:39 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I didn't quite understand this either! I personally thought it was dumb move on Emily's behalf to beat up that guy and play silly games in the bar with him. Her disguise was horrible! Just a wig! Do you know how many people have spotted her in the bar with him moments before his beating? So now witnesses everywhere will come forward that they saw her and be able to say she was last the person he was with that night before the beating? Sometimes I wonder about Emily and her revenge plan

I think this speaks to emily losing control periodically. Remember how her mentor gives her he!! for losing control over certain situations?

I agree with the poster who said they were tired of Charlottes antics. Ugh! Get over it already.

I thought the episode was ok. Nothing earth shattering.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:03 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,711,313 times
I haven't watched it yet. It's on my DVR list, but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. Is it worth watching or has the show gone from "Ah-mazing" to "meh"?

Old 04-22-2012, 11:09 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I haven't watched it yet. It's on my DVR list, but I just can't bring myself to care anymore. Is it worth watching or has the show gone from "Ah-mazing" to "meh"?
It's gone to meh and then some. But than could change, so I'll watch come Wed.

Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
I'm only watching because I'm so far in ... I might as well see how it all ends.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
The network really screwed up with this show that used to be must see TV for me, I watched it a couple days later on my Tivo, and will probably keep watching as long as there are no more reruns, but I just don't care about it the way I used to.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM

884 posts, read 1,062,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The network really screwed up with this show that used to be must see TV for me, I watched it a couple days later on my Tivo, and will probably keep watching as long as there are no more reruns, but I just don't care about it the way I used to.
I agree with you so much here.....I'm just watching the show now to see how all loose ends tie up however my raging excitement of anticipation that I used to have for this show has diminished significantly over the weeks. And then I finally watched the most recent episode to be so disappointed by the low quality of the story lines. (especially the affair scenese with Victoria and the old lover). How and why would they introduce new characters after such a long wait......I can barely remember the old characters after these gaps of no shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV