Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:53 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,206 times

Advertisements

I've watched all the episodes so far. I'm hooked on reality TV and can't seem to stop watching it LOL! The moms on this show are crazy but entertaining. I feel really sorry for the kids.

My daughter takes dance classes, and after watching the first episode I want no part in dance competitions! I'm so glad my daughter just wants to dance for fun and doesn't want to compete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 07:56 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,430 times
LOL, I love this show. Abby and the dance moms are just hilarious.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,870,930 times
These kids will have numerous injuries, eating disorders and be burnt out by the time they are teens.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:13 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
Oh good grief. Why, why, why do I watch this nonsense?

These Moms are dressed to the nines ALL the time! That is not how I dress taking my kids to sports, dance.... It is silly. Yes, I know this is TV and they are vamping for the cameras, but it just bugged me tonight.

These kids are talented. It would be interesting to see how well they could do in a supportive environment. Abby's behavior before the "talent agent" was nuts. She had everyone so hyped up they couldn't do their best.

I could go on and on - When Maddie's mom commented that the girls couldn't read well because they missed so much school, I almost choked!

And there is just nothing to say about the ridiculous Mom's dance! Arrrrgggghhhh

Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,708,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
These kids will have numerous injuries, eating disorders and be burnt out by the time they are teens.
My thoughts exactly!
I thought it was crazy that Abby had those two moms handing out fliers for the show; why do you want to give out that kind of stuff to people on the streets? I thought it was odd for them to want to give the fliers to the 3 men...for all they knows those men are perverts and why do you want all those strangers watching your daughters put on a show? Oh, and what a great idea to take your cocktail into the street--"it looks like lemonade"!
Thought it was hilarious when Abby was asked to "dance"! She came up with all kinds of excuses!!!

Old 08-11-2011, 10:28 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
I cannot believe I still watch this show.

My thoughts:
- very funny when someone asked Abby to dance and all the reasons she gave for not. I seriously dont believe she can anyone, let alone see her feet.

- Cathy- Unbelievable. I cannot stand her. She's nasty and a totaly show-boater. I wonder what the talent scout thought of her performance, He seemed slightly horrified.

- The chick that works there, Melissa actually likes Cathy? Why? She is repunant. I think she has her own agenda for befriending her and likes how she takes digs at the other moms. I also hate how she feels the other mom us jealous of her 8 year old. No, she doesn't appreciate the favoritism

- Sending the moms out to try and sell tix. DUmbe idea. Like someone said,this is not a show for the general public. Abby should know better than that.

Why even ask the moms to dance in the first place? I also hated seeing those beautiful little girls all upset after the audition. Thery are under so much pressure. And th girl who wouldn't sing? So funny. I guess the mom forgot to ask if she even enjoyed singing before she signed her up for all those classes.

I think Chloe shouldbe given more attention for her dancing. She is wonderful dancer.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:29 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,382,136 times
BTW, how old do you think Cathy is? 50's. All she talks about is her love of shopping but she looks like such a hag all of the time.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:45 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,932,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
- The chick that works there, Melissa actually likes Cathy? Why? She is repunant. I think she has her own agenda for befriending her and likes how she takes digs at the other moms. I also hate how she feels the other mom us jealous of her 8 year old. No, she doesn't appreciate the favoritism

I think Chloe shouldbe given more attention for her dancing. She is wonderful dancer.
I think Melissa and Cathy are using each other. They are both ostracized by the "mean girls" (Kelly and Christie) so have banded together even though they don't really like each other much at all.

Holly, the principal, distances herself from some of the crazier antics (like drinking and dancing). I guess her school board wouldn't be too pleased with a school principal hanging out at the bar trash talking the dance teacher.

I agree that Chloe is a great dancer. Plus, she has a lot of spunk and seems to have more personality than Maddie does.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
LOL, I love this show. Abby and the dance moms are just hilarious.
They're not hilarious, they're pathetic and Abby is abusive, i feel so sorry for those kids

Old 08-11-2011, 06:50 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
I love the show. I do agree that Chloe is a great dancer but personally I enjoy watching Maddie more. Maddie seems to love dancing and I see it every time I watch her dance. It's the little things she does, her facial expressions, etc she just looks happy when she's dancing.
Chloe, much like Brooke, is a great dancer but I wonder if she loves to dance or if she's good at it and her mom wants her to dance. I know with Brooke she'd rather be out hanging with boys and going to parties because she's said it.

I love Christie and her conspiracy theories. She thinks the whole dance studio thing is just a setup for Maddie to get attention. When she said that she had the casting director come down only to look at Maddie I cracked up laughing.

poor Cathy looked like a crazy lady doing her dance routine. If that was a way for her to plug her dance studio epic fail because that was horrid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV