Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 12:53 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,222,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
No, where can we see it?
I would love to see it too......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 12:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,399,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post
Wow this thread really hasn't been posted in since April?

Thoughts on season 3.5 so far? Did anyone else catch the raw footage of kelly's recital blow up?

~Katy
I don't know who is worse - Abby or Kelly. I did see her blow up and thought she was out of line on that one. Her daughter's were getting to sing AND do a solo and still she was not happy.

OTOH - there is NO way I would let my kid dance for Abbey unless my kid was Maddie. The favorite one. It's so blatent that I'm thinking it must be scripted.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,522,836 times
I love Abbey, but can't stand the mothers. I suppose they have to be in the show to add to the drama behind the scenes, which I hope is all fake and they don't really behave like that. All the endless b-itching and complaining. Take your kid elsewhere or shut the hell up. Abbey knows what she is doing, trust her, or get out.
That's how I see it.
If my kid was part of this group, I would find another place to sit, away from those shallow tarts.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:14 PM

258 posts, read 419,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I stopped watching the show a while back. Cannot stand the emotional abuse that Abby piles on these kids while their mothers sit by and allow it to happen in the name of getting a paycheck. It's disgusting.
You do realize the moms and girls don't get paid for this? They are in a contract they signed at the beginning, before it was this bad, and can't get out of it. A lot of the Abby drama is encouraged or guided by the producers. I also saw a video of a Q&A with Abby where she said once she realized they can't get out of the contracts she realized she can do whatever she wants, regardless of what the mothers think, because the moms don't have the option to pull their kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know who is worse - Abby or Kelly. I did see her blow up and thought she was out of line on that one. Her daughter's were getting to sing AND do a solo and still she was not happy.

OTOH - there is NO way I would let my kid dance for Abbey unless my kid was Maddie. The favorite one. It's so blatent that I'm thinking it must be scripted.
Did you see the raw footage or what they showed on the show? Because the show, of course, edited it to look like Kelly was just mad because Paige got a solo. That's not what it was about, that situation led to her blow up but that's not what she blew up about. Same as the parking lot sit in at the beginning of the season, that had nothing to do with them trying to get the Hylands back on the team... That was about the Hylands trying to get OFF the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg31816 View Post
No, where can we see it?
If you go on YouTube and search for "ALDC recital blowup" you will find it. Someone in the audience during rehearsal was taping it. I'm strangely obsessed with the show, and saw the raw video the day after it happened. Pretty sure that it getting posted had a big impact on how they edited that episode of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I love Abbey, but can't stand the mothers. I suppose they have to be in the show to add to the drama behind the scenes, which I hope is all fake and they don't really behave like that. All the endless b-itching and complaining. Take your kid elsewhere or shut the hell up. Abbey knows what she is doing, trust her, or get out.
That's how I see it.
If my kid was part of this group, I would find another place to sit, away from those shallow tarts.
Unfortunately it's not as easy as the moms taking them somewhere else. They are in a contract for 6 seasons and can't get out of it. Kelly Hyland has said she has been trying to get out of it for 2 seasons now. Did you notice in the epsiode where there was some loud drama that distracted the senior company and Payton thought they said the "f" word? In recaps since they have showed that scene with that F word bleeped out- in the original episode Kelly clearly says "maybe you should get fined." That, to my knowledge, was in reference to the helfy $$ fine they have to pay if they want out of the contract.

As far as the moms drama, yes, a lot of that is egged on or suggested by the producers. You find a lot out about how things are behind the scenes by watching Q&As with the cast on youtube.

~Katy

Last edited by kakers; 08-06-2013 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-06-2013, 08:19 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,698,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post
You do realize the moms and girls don't get paid for this? They are in a contract they signed at the beginning, before it was this bad, and can't get out of it. A lot of the Abby drama is encouraged or guided by the producers. I also saw a video of a Q&A with Abby where she said once she realized they can't get out of the contracts she realized she can do whatever she wants, regardless of what the mothers think, because the moms don't have the option to pull their kids.
They're absolutely getting paid. They're not getting nearly what Abby is getting paid, but they are all being paid (moms and girls). They were stupid to sign such a long-term contract for so little money when the show was such a hit. They could have almost dictated what salaries they wanted. Abby is getting the huge bucks and getting massive free advertising for her dance studio.

I would never, in a million years, bring my child to ALDC. She's not "that" good She's been doing this for how long? 35 years? And (according to her) has only had 17 people on Broadway ---- not all leads, mind you. DANCERS (ie: ensemble/background) That is NOT a good track record. If she was so great, she would have more people in Broadway shows, NYC Ballet, etc etc etc.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:29 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,610,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
They're absolutely getting paid. They're not getting nearly what Abby is getting paid, but they are all being paid (moms and girls). They were stupid to sign such a long-term contract for so little money when the show was such a hit. They could have almost dictated what salaries they wanted. Abby is getting the huge bucks and getting massive free advertising for her dance studio.

I would never, in a million years, bring my child to ALDC. She's not "that" good She's been doing this for how long? 35 years? And (according to her) has only had 17 people on Broadway ---- not all leads, mind you. DANCERS (ie: ensemble/background) That is NOT a good track record. If she was so great, she would have more people in Broadway shows, NYC Ballet, etc etc etc.
You nailed it! She acts like she is the Queen Bee savior of Broadway and all of dance. She's a dance teacher in Pittsburgh! If it wasn't for the show, she'd be a dance studio owner of a good dance studio ... which is what she was before the show.

And yes, those moms are getting paid. You can see it in their wardrobes over the years.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,399,448 times
Wow. What was Kelli up to last night? I wonder if the producers direct the Mom's what to do; when to show up; who to have coffee with . . .

Old 08-07-2013, 09:36 AM

258 posts, read 419,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. What was Kelli up to last night? I wonder if the producers direct the Mom's what to do; when to show up; who to have coffee with . . .
To a certain extent, yes. Considering that Kelly is under a contract with the show and not showing up for filming is I am sure in violation of that contract, she probably reached an agreement to show up to the competition so she can fulfill her obligation to appear on the show. The producers also arrange for the sections to be reserved for them, and I am convinced that the producers told her that she had to sit with the other moms, creating the setting for the drama that ensued.

I was super happy for Nia last night She is starting to look older,and I noticed that she was wearing makeup at pyramid. She's the least likely to be wearing makeup, or at least noticeable makeup, which I think is a testimony to the character of her mother. I know my own mother would have not allowed me to wear makeup on a daily basis as kid either, so I appreciate that with Holly and Nia

~Katy

Old 01-02-2014, 01:56 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,610,990 times
Well, here we go again! Started up again.

Abby's caked on makeup was horrendous! And she still thinks she's gods gift to the world of dance. Sigh.

And I'm sorry, but Brooke's singing is like listening to cats in heat going at it and I wish the show would stop focusing on it.

Same as it ever was.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 AM

251 posts, read 272,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
You nailed it! She acts like she is the Queen Bee savior of Broadway and all of dance. She's a dance teacher in Pittsburgh! If it wasn't for the show, she'd be a dance studio owner of a good dance studio ... which is what she was before the show.

And yes, those moms are getting paid. You can see it in their wardrobes over the years.

BINGO!

She is mediocre at best. Abby needs to lay off the tanning salons-she was looking mighty orange/tangerine-yowsers! The only one doing anything is Maddie. It is really obvious, that this show is following her life and seeing her steps as Maddie lands it on "So You Think You Can Dance". LOL!

Overall the show is like watching a trainwreck, definitely over the top sensational TV. The girls are talented, but really the show should be called Abby and Maddie overexposure. The moms are using some type of meds whether Rx or illegal. Either way the moms need help. *Cogntive-behavioral therapy*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV