Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Switched at Birth was on last night! Great holiday episode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 09:12 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
For those of you who watch Family Channel shows, new episodes of Pretty Little Liars and Switched at Birth begin on Tuesday - the 6th.
If you don't remember how Switched at Birth ended last year, the girls were members of the final graduating class at Carlton High. Supposedly, the building was torn down.
As soon as graduation was over, Daphne went to the police station to admit her role in the destruction of hundreds of thousands of dollars in property. This felony, her second (she had previously blackmailed Senator Coto), was going to result in her spending some time in jail - around 3 years. Basically, her life would have been over. Her chances of becoming a doctor would be over.
Daphne began telling the detective what happened when Bay suddenly admitted that she was the one who had committed the crime. She told the detective that it was her spray paint cans that were used, even offering to show the police her taqggings throughout the area, Angelo was HER biological father and NOT Daphne's - and Daphne went along with this lie.

According to the previews, Bay will face the consequences of her lie and Daphne begins her college career.
MY GUESS is that Bay might spend 2 or 3 months in jail and then be under house arrest, with an ankle bracelet, for the remainder of her sentence.
I am really interested in seeing what happens. If the parents believe that Daphne is guilty, then they will treat Bay like royalty, giving her everything that she wants while treating Daphne like a pariah.
On the other hand, if they believe that Bay is guilty, they could punish her much more severely - like maybe selling her car, throwing away all of her art supplies, and MAYBE kicking her out of the houses and forcing her to live in the garage - assuming that she is under house arrest.
Unless she is the coldest of cold hearted bee-otches, I would think that this punishment that Bay receives would drive Daphne nuts. How does she live with herself every time that Bay is punished?

I can't wait for Tuesday.

On the other hand, I believe that Pretty Little Liars has gone on too long. Some of the actresses are approaching 30 and they STILL have not graduated from high school.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:54 AM

Bay Madeleine Kennish, you have been found guilty of multiple offenses of vandalism (street art) and a felony count of the willful destruction of private property. You have been sentenced to (X amount of time) at the Kansas(?) Correctional Facility for Women.

Daphne Paloma Vazquez, this is ENTIRELY your fault. Enjoy your life at college.

Old 01-06-2015, 12:58 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,423,079 times
Thx for the heads-up, just realized I missed the holiday show but am taping tonite's, hopefully will catch the previous show another time (sometimes they have them on earlier the same nite as the New show but not today). Anyone know when the Fosters is coming back?

Old 01-06-2015, 05:26 PM

The Fosters and Chasing Life will return on Monday the 19th.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:05 PM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
Ok so last nite I watched the new eppie and boy I felt bad for Daphne. I mean, REALLY how could she have known that Bay was going to jump in and blame herself?! That's her problem she wanted to do it and swore up and down it was OK- Seems like at the end of the episode she (bay) is kinda regretting doing it. Daphne is just trying hard to please everyone after all this went down and it seems like its not working. Lets see how things unfold.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalChubsta View Post
Ok so last nite I watched the new eppie and boy I felt bad for Daphne. I mean, REALLY how could she have known that Bay was going to jump in and blame herself?! That's her problem she wanted to do it and swore up and down it was OK- Seems like at the end of the episode she (bay) is kinda regretting doing it. Daphne is just trying hard to please everyone after all this went down and it seems like its not working. Lets see how things unfold.
I guess that you saw the big change in Bay's demeanor. At the beginning of the episode, she was so naively happy that she had done this. She "saved Daphne's life". She was treating her first day of community service almost like it was a picnic - singing "I've been working on the railroad". At the end, she kicked Daphne out of her room. I think that the serious of her situation hit her squarely in the face.
I was surprised by John's reaction. I thought that he would be angry at Daphne but he was REALLY happy that Bay did that. Instead, Toby and Emmett want nothing to do with her anymore - and Emmett was her best friend since they were 8.
It won't surprise me if in a future episode that a political rival of John's questions the lenient sentence that his daughter received - add that on to the fact that she was an accomplice to a felony drug deal - Bay's sentence will be negated and a new one will send her to jail. Then we will see how Daphne reacts. The guilt will be overwhelming.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 AM

I realize that not many people are watching this show and that's a shame. For the few of you who are watching it, I don't see a happy ending. During the last few weeks when there was almost nothing on TV, I watched EVERY episode On Demand from the pilot to the girls high school graduation.

MY Predictions - I don't have any knowledge of what is going to happen so I could be way off base.
I believe that this will be the final season - and every episode from here on out, about 20, will see the continued downward spiral for the girls. As bad as it will be for Bay, it will be even worse for Daphne.

Bay - LOVES Emmett with all of her heart. She did everything in her power to make sure that he went to LA so that he could fulfill his dreams. She will make sure that NOTHING stands in the way of his happiness and success.
That is why she will NEVER tell him that she is pregnant. Then she will go to prison.
When she finally does get out, she will change her last name to Sorrento and she and Regina will leave the Kennish household never to return.
The child will have an unwed mother, an absentee father, and a grandmother - and the cycle will continue. In the last scene of the last episode, I can see Kathryn's racist mother saying - "See I told you so. What did you expect? She is a Puerto Rican.

Daphne - When Bay goes to prison, the guilt will paralyze her. She will be consumed with this guilt every waking moment. Night terrors will startle her awake from her sleep. This will continue day in and day out. There are only a few ways to relieve this pain - alcohol (she grew up with an alcoholic mother), drugs (she has already tried cocaine and she didn't become addicted to it - yet), suicide, and an emotional shutdown. She will eventually have no empathy for anyone. She will only hang around with people who can do things for her. She will become the rich, spoiled, entitled, emotionless, bee-otch that she was supposed to.
She already told Josh that the interpreter's job paid REALLY well. In other words, money is no object.
On the last episode, she will be friendless and possibly in jail - drugs, prostitution, or whatever.

The ONLY person who will be helped by the switch will be Toby. In the first few episodes of season one, he had an addiction to gambling that Regina helped him to overcome. He now is on his own, paying his own way, not needing any of his parent's money. He will have more sympathy for Bay than he will ever have for Daphne.

O.K. I'm done. If anyone would like to comment on my so-called predictions, please do.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 AM

According to the previews, next week's episode will cause the viewers to think about the episode, talk about it, and then rethink it.
The announcer said that next week - "it begins".
"It" must refer to the bad times to come.
"Begins" means that there will be more bad times to come.
The previews begin with Bay being ecstatic because Emmett comes home and it ends with Bay sadly laying on her bed with Daphne sitting next to her - trying to console her. I guess that Bay and Emmett will break up - or Bay gets caught because she had been illegally out of the house for a few hours - or both.
If there is a break up, I fully expect Melody to be a part of it - possibly telling Bay that she doesn't want criminal trash hanging around with her son.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:05 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,544,976 times
Another good eppie this week. I think I see a new love interest for Daphne (the guy that she was competing against) I think Regina and that new guy will make a nice couple but we'll see how the play it out. I like that they are exploring more of Travis character and hopefully he can go on and train for the big leagues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV