Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,235,032 times

Advertisements

I thought Hope was OK and gave it her best shot. I enjoyed watching her dance this season but I'm not a fan of Maks. I saw no love lost between them and the judges last night. I'm not really expecting to see Maks back next season. He seems to be walking a fine line. People are replaceable and there seems to be a lot of new younger talent knocking at DWTS' door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
ahh yes......we are now HOPELESS.....

Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Please DWTS, get a better band, the singer that sang "Bad Romance" needs to be slapped.
That was actually Lady Gaga. It was a recording. They promoted it all night as Lady Gaga's “Bad Romance.”

Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post
You know, at the beginning of the show when the host's introduce themselves?
"Hi, I'm Tom Bergeron"
"And I'm Brooke Burke Charvet"

Say Brooke's out loud - Does it sound to you guys like a chicken clucking?
Back during RockStar, in 2005, the running joke around the Internet was to call her Bwak Bwak, for that same reason. It was snarky, but said with love!

Old 11-17-2011, 08:42 AM

574 posts, read 1,064,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Back during RockStar, in 2005, the running joke around the Internet was to call her Bwak Bwak, for that same reason. It was snarky, but said with love!
She is an attractive girl no doubt but is missing a personality and a decent voice. Her pitch when speaking is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Liked the last host better. Tom....best part of the show.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:08 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I totally agree with you, TFW. Jenner was once a really nice looking fellow. Now he looks like a very poorly done wax statue. The same is true of Kenny Rogers. His eye lift ruined his looks. I don't understand why these guys think they need plastic surgery.

Can Hope and Maks be any more snotty? There is very little emotion in Hope's dancing. She is a great athlete but she cannot relax enough to dance well. Making nice on the show was such a sham. They don't like each other and I am not particularly fond of either one of the them but I do like to watch Maks dancing.

J.R. is still my favorite but Rikki is a close second. I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow's results show. Gulp.....
Sometimes, even when people's surgery looks overdone, I think of how they'd look at that age without it, and guess that they are better off now.

Didn't someone post that Hope and Maks had something romantic, off and on, going on even before the show? I do not think there is much about Hope that is girly-girly. She is aggressive and seems to approach everything as though it were a battle or athletic competition of some sort. Maybe there is that love-hate thing that goes on between them - after all, Maks is not used to women like her. I can see it.

I agree with your assessments concerning JR and Ricky.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
And it sure was nice of them to flash that shot of Rob dressed up like a girl-twice. Classy.
It was a very cheap shot to show those shots of Rob when, to him, he was so much into finding his more masculine side to dance well. It seemed deliberately undercutting and cruel. I am not a fan of Rob's, but he has produced more than I originally thought him capable of. Good for Cheryl, as so much is due to her influence.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Surely you've seen Bruce in the crowd if you've watched any of the previous shows. He's been there every night, sitting either right next to Rob's mother Kris or right behind her. You might have seen him and wondered if you were looking at a man or a woman (or one becoming the other).

And I agree about Dyan and Marg. Look at Katherine Hepburn...she was so beautiful as she aged. Susan Sarandon, despite her politics, is lovelier now than she was years ago. And Diane Keaton...omygosh, what elegance.
Yes, but people age differently. Women take on masculine characteristics. The women you name are/were very feminine and delicate looking to begin with. Taking on a bit of heaviness probably does not look bad on them. I think Bea Arthur could have done with a snip here and there. I think Hillary Clinton might be reaching that point. Not that I think women should just reach an age and have it done, but I see why some do it. Perhaps we would be assisted if we knew which surgeons these extreme cases went to. Maybe it is more a commentary on bad surgery than doing it at all.

I guess I am considering having it done, myself. I prefer short hair and hats, which often hide the hair and I think I am starting to look more like my husband, which is scary.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
It was a very cheap shot to show those shots of Rob when, to him, he was so much into finding his more masculine side to dance well. It seemed deliberately undercutting and cruel.
I read an interview with Rob's sister Khloe. Rob lives with and, according to Khloe, sponges off Khloe and her husband. Khloe had some very unkind, and really crude, things to say about Rob....that he cant keep something in his pants and that he has an arrangement that the girls who work on the Kardashian show are "available" to him.

To be honest, I think that says more about Khloe's character than it does about Rob's. After all, he's a single guy and, having grown up with those women, it's a miracle he's not a slasher or axe murderer. He really does come across as a shy, sweet young man. I wish he could get away from his family long enough for his true personality to emerge.

Old 11-17-2011, 10:43 AM

[quote=dynimagelv;21722783]
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post

About the SMILE not GENERALLY speaking lol

I am a Maks fan from way back...even with his Russian atitude....but I still say Hope is Hopeless.
Ukrainian, not Russian.

I am a fan, too, but he and Hope must share a lot of childish moments with each other, out of sight of the camera, ripping on the judges. They both seem to think they are superior to the judges. Well, no one asked them to be on the show. Maybe it is time for Maks to throw in the towel. He is just too bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV