Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 04:34 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie Pie View Post
Yep, well said FW! I get kind of tired of the judges doggin' on him all the time, and I'm not sure I could keep my mouth shut either if it was me. Maybe Len should retire, and CarrieAnn was what, a Fly Girl on "Living Color"? Puhleeze! ..........and I don't even want to get started on Bruno!!!

It's kind of fun watching a rebel on a dance competition. Which IRL very strict rules & protocol between the judges and the dancers involving respect. I don't think it's right for Len & Bruno to get away with making fun or being disrespectful in their judging. The three judges can be replaced for all I care, they don't make the show, the pros do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

..................and I'm prayin' JR takes the mirror ball.

I hope Rob comes in 2nd, just to show everyone he has more class, style and grace than his whack-a-moley Mother & sisters.

As much as I love Derek, I just don't like the fact that Rikki would only agree to be on the show if he was her partner. She just ain't all that, IMOHO!

I agree with everything you said, Sweetie. I think this show has gone to the judges heads. Whoever heard of them before this show...outside of dancing circles, that is??? Surely not I! Actually, except for Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris, I'd never heard of any one on DWTS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 05:16 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Actually, except for Tom Bergeron and Samantha Harris, I'd never heard of any one on DWTS!!!
You'd heard of Samantha Harris? Tom Bergeron hosts that horrible video show, so I was aware of him - but didn't like him - until he did DWTS. Now I like him! But I had never heard of Samantha Harris?

Just as an interesting aside, Samantha Harris wasn't the first person in that job - a woman named Lisa Canning did the first season.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
You'd heard of Samantha Harris? Tom Bergeron hosts that horrible video show, so I was aware of him - but didn't like him - until he did DWTS. Now I like him! But I had never heard of Samantha Harris?

Just as an interesting aside, Samantha Harris wasn't the first person in that job - a woman named Lisa Canning did the first season.

Yeah, I'd seen and heard of Samantha before. She was on one of our local stations here, just like Tom Bergeron was many moons ago. A very large percentage of nationaly known people start out on Boston stations.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:42 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Tom also hosted Hollywood Squares before AFV. He really does add to this show - especially in contrast to Babbling Brooke.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:43 PM

BTW, DWTS is no on tonight because of the Pats vs Eagles football tonight.

DWTS will be broadcast at 12:30 or 1 a.m. Tuesday morning. Thanks, ABC.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Frankly, the more serious dance competitions that I've seen on tv have been boring and repetitious. I think the reason the DWS has remained is due to a large part to the blend of personalities. It, to me, is just entertainment and I like the judges and hosts and band and the entire production.

I don't think I take the whole thing all that seriously - just a way to pass some time on a weekday night or two.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:45 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
I really like how quick Tom is to think on his feet. Remember when Maks said that DWTS was his show and Tom said he was going to ask Maks for a raise? I think that was one of the funniest moments in all TV this season!

Old 11-21-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Is that just in your area?

Old 11-21-2011, 05:58 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:

Crud - will miss watching with you It looks like it'll be on as usual here in Pittsburgh.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:01 PM

Me too, toosie. When I first read tami's post, i was upset because I'd planned my whole evening around DWTS tonight. But my TV schedule shows it's on at the regular time. I hope so.

I promise to put all my comments in the SPOILER caption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV