Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 06:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,744,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Absolutely, I met Carson at Pier Dance in NYC a few years ago, he is just as nice in person, and got to kiss his cheek.....
I met him during NY Fashion Week a couple years back at one of the style week parties. He hugged me very tight and kissed both sides of my face. He smelled good too. I told him his suit was too shiny. he laughed and said,"really? ya think so?" I said,yes.........for real.

Love his enthusiasm on the dance floor and for life in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 PM

348 posts, read 848,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
But why would Carson get more support than Chaz? Isn't it gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual? I do agree about Carson, he is a hoot to watch AND he's getting better!
My guess is the momentum behind Chaz is due to having the guts to go on a very popular show, risk looking like a fool (I couldn't dance to save my life) after having gender reassignment surgery, which no doubt makes him a target for much more hatred, scrutiny, etc., than the other dancers face.

When ***** Eye for the Straight Guy was first on TV, it was a big deal. Fortunately, Carson being gay doesn't cause the big news waves that it would have even ten years ago. Chaz's situation is different. There is a lot of hostility out there towards transgendered people, who seem to be one group of citizens who are common fodder for jokes and ridicule. I do not personally know anyone who is transgendered, but I am merely going on what I hear and read about the subject.

Pardon the expression, but, I think it's totally ballsy for him to be on DWTS. While he probably needs the cash, it still takes a lot of courage to do what he is doing.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,476,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox1972 View Post
My guess is the momentum behind Chaz is due to having the guts to go on a very popular show, risk looking like a fool (I couldn't dance to save my life) after having gender reassignment surgery, which no doubt makes him a target for much more hatred, scrutiny, etc., than the other dancers face.

When ***** Eye for the Straight Guy was first on TV, it was a big deal. Fortunately, Carson being gay doesn't cause the big news waves that it would have even ten years ago. Chaz's situation is different. There is a lot of hostility out there towards transgendered people, who seem to be one group of citizens who are common fodder for jokes and ridicule. I do not personally know anyone who is transgendered, but I am merely going on what I hear and read about the subject.

Pardon the expression, but, I think it's totally ballsy for him to be on DWTS. While he probably needs the cash, it still takes a lot of courage to do what he is doing.

Carson is officially on Team Oprah (a la Dr. Oz and Dr Phil) so I think that he is OK in the money department.

Your OWN Show Host Carson Kressley - OWN TV

Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,358,781 times
I think Carson went on the show for fun and it looks like he is having it. And the audience is having fun watching him. He is a natural born entertainer. Not the best dancer but I hope he stays around for awhile.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 PM

348 posts, read 848,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Carson is officially on Team Oprah (a la Dr. Oz and Dr Phil) so I think that he is OK in the money department.

Your OWN Show Host Carson Kressley - OWN TV
Yes, I have watches several episodes, although I forget to DVR the show. He is personable and naturally funny (w/o needing to be crude).

I was referring to Chaz needing the dough, as I recall that he needed to borrow money for the surgeries.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:54 PM

8,805 posts, read 21,226,157 times
But isn't his mother a multi-multi millionaire?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,476,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
But isn't his mother a multi-multi millionaire?
Yes. But from what I understand, Cher initially was not on board for Chaz coming out and then she was not pleased that not only was her daughter a lesbian but then turned into a transexual/transgender. I think she expressed her disapproval by not helping Chaz financially.

(there seems to be something quite "off" about their relationship IMO...money/control/defiance type of a dynamic)

Old 10-05-2011, 10:51 PM

103 posts, read 102,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Omygosh...how many times do you have to be advised that DWTS does NOT claim to judge or award the best dancer.

Sometimes I think CD should be re-named OCD.
That's kind of insulting to the millions of people with actual OCD.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Or do like me and record it and FF it through all the yakety *** and just watch the dancers dancing and the scores.
That's what I do . . .

Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I think Carson went on the show for fun and it looks like he is having it. And the audience is having fun watching him. He is a natural born entertainer. Not the best dancer but I hope he stays around for awhile.
His haircut is awful - the way the top part flops around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV