U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2011, 09:45 PM

3,116 posts, read 4,081,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Hope is very well-known in her sport. Apparently she has a lot of fans there. And maybe Maks has voters too.
I think Maks' fans are playing a BIG role - they do every year - but this year a lot of more talented dancers went home early, and Hope isn't that well known. I have to think it's Maks that's keeping her in the game...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 09:54 AM

6,441 posts, read 2,179,920 times
Quote:
Hope is very well-known in her sport. Apparently she has a lot of fans there. And maybe Maks has voters too.
I think votes are mostly for Maks with viewers "hoping" his partner gets better.

P.S. texasfirewheel, I've been in Florida nearly two years and I really miss Dallas and my Texas friends. I'm planning to get back as soon as I can so please keep all Texas home fires burning!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM

10,562 posts, read 8,949,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
P.S. texasfirewheel, I've been in Florida nearly two years and I really miss Dallas and my Texas friends. I'm planning to get back as soon as I can so please keep all Texas home fires burning!
Will do, Kitty. If Texas doesnt get some rain soon, it will be all burned up by the time you get back here.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:19 AM

15,378 posts, read 23,250,876 times
Quote:
Will do, Kitty. If Texas doesnt get some rain soon, it will be all burned up by the time you get back here.
There was a song way back in the early 60's called the "Merry Minuet"

"They're rioting in Africa
They're starving in Spain
There's hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain
the Whole world is festering iwht unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like Anybody very much."

Back on track.....We are graceless, now we need to be hopeless......

Old 11-11-2011, 11:17 AM

10,578 posts, read 5,083,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Me too, dyni. I can't understand a word of Italian but I love listening to Andre sing opera. Regular songs just lose so much with him not being able to use that baritone voice of his.

I'm with you, dyni, no pot stirring.
Good that you caught me early and reprimanded and curbed my provocative mishchief...nice to know that some of you are a wake out there..Most don't catch me this soon in the game...Thanks for the heads up! As for Chaz....I guess it is live and let live - just kind of weird that this product of famous parents turned out so odd..but I suppose that goes with the field..grow up in Hollywood and you could mutate into just about anything in an anything goes environ..oh well - I guess I am old and conservative -

Old 11-11-2011, 03:11 PM

13,631 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Good that you caught me early and reprimanded and curbed my provocative mishchief...nice to know that some of you are a wake out there..Most don't catch me this soon in the game...Thanks for the heads up! As for Chaz....I guess it is live and let live - just kind of weird that this product of famous parents turned out so odd..but I suppose that goes with the field..grow up in Hollywood and you could mutate into just about anything in an anything goes environ..oh well - I guess I am old and conservative -

I'm old and conservative too, Oleg. I did not like Chastity when she was supposed to a lesbian but I really liked Chaz once I heard his story. That was the key...I listened to his story and did not just go my very bigoted points of view of life.

To the pot stirring, we all get along here even if we don't all agree about something. Our mod is.....very strict, shall I say.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I'm old and conservative too, Oleg. I did not like Chastity when she was supposed to a lesbian but I really liked Chaz once I heard his story. That was the key...I listened to his story and did not just go my very bigoted points of view of life.

Me too. In fact, when I saw the film about Chaz and saw a TV interview with him (on Oprah's OWN channel), I felt so bad that I had so greatly misjudged him for so many years. And, when I saw him on DWTS and saw, again, what an honest, gentle soul he really is, I felt even worse about what I had thought of him for so long.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,293,650 times
For the record - I'm way liberal but Tami and I especially have been good buddies on a number of TV threads. Ah, remember the good ol days of Dreamy Eyes? So, it's not just about conservative/liberal in here

Anyone watching tonight? Keep it spoilered for our Westies and Tivo-ers.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 PM

OH NO!

Spoiler
JR twisted his ankle in practice and twisted it again during his first dance. He has to dance two more times on an ankle that is really hurting.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:48 PM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,293,650 times
Ack, I know Texas - what a trooper, though. Here's hoping the second dance for them goes well.

I thought Rob was good but not as good as
Spoiler
the judges scored him

Also thought Hope and Maks are trying to be nice and connected but it's still an act and she started to show her true colors again during judging even though they weren't so hard on her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV