U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM

12,544 posts, read 18,443,184 times

Advertisements

The cast reveal is next Monday during The Bachelor Pad for this seasons lineup!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 03:04 AM

13,631 posts, read 8,210,542 times
Woohoo! Thanks, B.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Location: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space
12,345 posts, read 5,290,627 times
Looking forward to watching another season with you guys! Hope it's a good list.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:03 PM

20,050 posts, read 21,041,058 times
Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait!

Old 08-27-2011, 09:41 AM

10,562 posts, read 8,949,909 times
Default CHAZ BONO signs up for DANCING WITH THE STARS

According to TMZ, Chaz Bono will be on the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars and will be partnered with a female dancer.

While I may not understand Chaz, I do admire his courage and look forward to watching him on the show. I do wonder, however, if he's in good enough physical shape to endure all the strenuous activity.

Chaz Bono -- Dancing with Woman on DWTS | TMZ.com

Last edited by TFW46; 08-27-2011 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: copyright

Old 08-27-2011, 10:07 AM

348 posts, read 488,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
According to TMZ, Chaz Bono will be on the upcoming season of Dancing With the Stars and will be partnered with a female dancer.

While I may not understand Chaz, I do admire his courage and look forward to watching him on the show. I do wonder, however, if he's in good enough physical shape to endure all the strenuous activity.

I saw a show or two about Chaz on Oprah's network a few months ago. He doumented the physical changes as well as the emotional changes due to the hormones. It also showed the issues that his girlfriend has had to deal with surrounding Chaz's gender transformation. The girlfriend was happier with Chastity as the hormones have significantly changed Chaz's personality.

It's weird, frankly, to watch anything about Chaz as he is just a few years older than me and I remember "her" going back to being very young in the early 70's. It's just strange to see her now as a man.

From what I saw on the Oprah network, I get the feeling that Cher isn't giving Chaz money. I recall Chaz borrowing money from someone for the surgeries she's had. So, I wonder being on DWTS is just for money. I couldn't imagine anyone having that much hoootzpa to go on such a mainstream and popular show (though I've only watched it once) as DWTS while being under so much scrutiny for having gender reassignment (if that's the correct term). I wish him well. I agree that he may not be in the best of shape to do the show. While Kirstey Alley (from seeing before and after pictures) did just fine, she wasn't on hormone therapy, which I believe is behind Chaz's weight gain.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:13 AM

10,562 posts, read 8,949,909 times
I agree with everything you said, Redsox. I, too, watched the OWN shows about Chaz. I'm very old-fashioned and dont understand a lot behind transgendering but I do admire his courage, both in what he's gone through and his willingness to discuss it so publicly. And I concur that he probably agreed to DWTS for the money, which he probably needs badly.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:51 PM

15,378 posts, read 23,250,876 times
from what I understand. Cher did not pay for the surgery but fully supported him when it was done....her philosophy seemed to be that she didnt agree with it but if he wanted it that bad, he would find a way to finance it.....

And I think thats not a bad philosophy....

Old 08-27-2011, 02:46 PM

12,411 posts, read 9,646,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

When I saw Chaz interviewed, he looked great. Good luck to him!

Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 PM

10,218 posts, read 5,148,864 times
I think he probably is doing it mainly for the money.....but maybe part of the reason could be to kick-start a weight loss program.

When it comes to losing weight, getting started is often the hardest part. Once you start to see results, it is easier to keep on going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV