U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2011, 12:50 PM

4,262 posts, read 3,959,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Actually, MTV still plays videos. You have to have an expanded digital package through your television provider to see them, though. It's not on their "main" channel. The only reason I know all this stuff is because I still have one kid at home. I haven't listened to current music for about five years, at least, but it has become noticeably better this year. Thank goodness.
I have digital cable and all we get are MTV2, MTV Jms and MTV3. MTV Jams is just hip hop and (c)rap. MTV2 is just a grown up version of MTV (still not enough in teh way of music.) MTV3 is the Latino channel. Never watched it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,036,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I have digital cable and all we get are MTV2, MTV Jms and MTV3. MTV Jams is just hip hop and (c)rap. MTV2 is just a grown up version of MTV (still not enough in teh way of music.) MTV3 is the Latino channel. Never watched it.
MTVH, or Hits, is where I am seeing current videos. Ironically, a Jessie J video is playing right now. I think she's a huge talent, not only can she sing but she's an excellent songwriter.

Of course that is just my opinion. I use to be a music critic but I'm decidedly very old, especially in relation to the hip world. My kid loves her though, so I guess that carries some weight.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:17 PM

4,262 posts, read 3,959,346 times
Quote:
MTVH, or Hits,
I forgot about that channel. We get that too.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,807,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
That's what I want out of a musician .... to mask doing too many flips with some snazzy dance steps ......... yeah, this is pretty much why Chris Brown and 90% of the music that is out there right now flat sucks eggs .... not to mention ol' chris brown also gets to wear the hat of woman beater and overall d'nozzle as a person, so............
Chris Brown is a good performer, I don't think he is great as musician. That's what VMAs are for. Performances. And I think he put up a fun performance. And what does his thing with Rhianna have to do with him as performer? Nothing.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,807,152 times
Quote:
Honey, I've seen Andrew Dice Clay in person* and Gaga was no Andrew Dice Clay. She definitely needs to keep her day -- and night -- job. Acting is not in her future.

*Told you I was old.
She will and she is about to stay in her day----and night---- job for a really long time.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,628,198 times
Lady GaGa will regret the whole Fonzi act for years.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 PM

12,142 posts, read 11,350,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
She will and she is about to stay in her day----and night---- job for a really long time.
at this point she probabably doesnt even need to work anymore.....were the ones that need to keep our jobs...

just sayin

Old 08-30-2011, 10:48 AM

8,164 posts, read 9,471,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Chris Brown is a good performer, I don't think he is great as musician. That's what VMAs are for. Performances. And I think he put up a fun performance. And what does his thing with Rhianna have to do with him as performer? Nothing.
Yes - because performing is awesome from musicians! ... who cares if they can sing, compose, write, etc

they can dance - they are great!!!

let's prop up these puppets even more - especially the ones with no redeeming value as people

i don't enjoy watching women beaters do anything except sit in jail and/or catch a beating themselves .... so other than that, there is nothing entertaining he could ever perform

he's a slug

Old 08-30-2011, 10:53 AM

1,558 posts, read 1,587,660 times
Gaga tries too hard. She's different, we get it.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 AM

2,484 posts, read 3,536,428 times
^^^^ I couldn't agree more
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV