U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 15,233,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I LOVE Jessica. Am I correct that she also has a photographic memory like Mike?
That's the impression I got
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 05:04 PM

904 posts, read 1,588,259 times
Really, really enjoy this show! Lots of drama and good humor in it. I think the cast is great.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,526,857 times
just watched the first 4 episodes last night. Its really good

Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM

457 posts, read 511,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Klato View Post
I like the show but i am not sure how the show will go on. Will this kid go back to school or take the bar exam?? He can't be a pretend lawyer forever.
I agree Mr. Klato. The show's formula is so apparent. Oh well.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 PM

5,798 posts, read 5,237,191 times
It's still a blast to watch and enjoy, and that's plenty for me.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:20 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,858,170 times
Awwww wasn't Louis cute last night with his little digital recorder? "You the man, Louis" I was cracking up.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 PM

6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
I love this show, but I find Rachel's shame in being a paralegal utterly ridiculous, my fiancee' runs a law firm and I know that paralegals are highly respected members of law firms, it's a respectable career that generally requires a college degree and further certifications. Good, high level paralegals, like Rachel clearly is, actually make more money than many lawyers, she would likely earn more than Mike. Hearing Rachel assume Mike was dumping her because, "she's not good enough," was beyond absurd, she's a beautiful, independent woman, there's no way that would be her first thought. She acts like she's the cleaning lady or something, and even if she was, most of the lawyers at the firm would still kill to be with her.

If she wants to be a lawyer, fine, send her to law school at night, but the show needs to lay off the idea that she's supposed to be embarrassed by what in reality is a very good career, especially considering todays unemployment levels. Actually, Mike is acting like Harvey's paralegal, they do most legal work, but don't stand up in court, which is why the show works, Mike's generally not breaking the law as long as he's working with Harvey.

Last edited by detshen; 06-29-2012 at 02:51 PM..

Old 06-29-2012, 03:16 PM

9,484 posts, read 13,339,114 times
Hmmm... I don't know if I read it so much as shame at being a paralegal or shame in not living up to her full potential. When the show first started she came across as being pretty cocky about her ability and maybe just a tad defensive that she hadn't done more with it. I think it actually resonates with a lot of people who have 'settled' for careers that don't quite match up with the visions they had of their lives.

Louis adds a lot to the show. I hope they bring back the woman that was on last night as female Louis. I loved the comment about the world ceasing to exist if the two of them touched.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:55 PM

8,567 posts, read 9,330,054 times
Quote:
If she wants to be a lawyer, fine, send her to law school at night...
End of show last nite she was taking bar exam, which she had planned to do in the first season. That she did not, and the way she reacts to Mike, she just needs to get hold of some emotions and deal with reality like the professional she wants to be.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 PM

6,771 posts, read 6,856,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
End of show last nite she was taking bar exam, which she had planned to do in the first season. That she did not, and the way she reacts to Mike, she just needs to get hold of some emotions and deal with reality like the professional she wants to be.
She was only taking the LSAT, she still has to go to law school if she truly wants to be a lawyer, that's fine if she truly wants that, but being a paralegal is a perfectly fine professional career, certainly nothing to be ashamed of. I never really understood that "fear of testing" reason for her not being able to get a good score on the LSAT, she has to be a college graduate, important exams can't be new to her.

Last edited by detshen; 06-29-2012 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or