U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Status: "Independence Day. Have you thanked a military member today?" (set 18 days ago)

1,532 posts, read 1,200,204 times
Default "Roseanne's Nuts" Not Renewed

Lifetime has decided to end this show after one season. It premiered with record numbers of viewers, but went downhill and ended with 600,000+ viewers, a far cry from it's premier. I tried to watch 2-3 times and just couldn't get through a full 1/2 hour episode. It was pathetic, IMO. And I LIKE Roseanne!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 PM

1,787 posts, read 1,386,901 times
I totally agree...tried to watch one episode and it was godawful. Very hokey and painfully boring. Roseanne herself is quite interesting and intelligent, a far cry from Speidi & the Kardashians, so I don't know why she signed on for this. Surely she doesn't need the cash.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM

9,599 posts, read 6,016,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
I totally agree...tried to watch one episode and it was godawful. Very hokey and painfully boring. Roseanne herself is quite interesting and intelligent, a far cry from Speidi & the Kardashians, so I don't know why she signed on for this. Surely she doesn't need the cash.
oh I get the impression she needs the money.
I liked the show too--for awhile. each episode showed promise then veered off in a weird way. I love her son, Jake and her boyfriend. The both of them made me for real laugh out loud with their deadpan delivery and narratives.
I think they could have tweaked the show a bit and saved it for another season.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:13 PM

9,188 posts, read 3,947,275 times
I thought this was a terrible show and Rosanne needs to find another vehicle if she needs the money that bad.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 PM

4,502 posts, read 7,438,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlassie View Post
Roseann definitely didn't need the cash from this program. She's got enough money to live comfortably the rest of her life and enough to leave her children and grandchildren.

My take was that she was trying to somehow get the message out about hunger and how she wanted to use her farm to feed the poor and hungry. Problem is, once again, Roseanne hasn't a clue how to get a message across in a clear way. She let her (very good) message get caught up in the silliness of the 3 "musicians" or the arguing about her (grown) son smoking or some other silliness.

Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 PM

6,679 posts, read 3,147,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I thought this was a terrible show and Rosanne needs to find another vehicle if she needs the money that bad.

I heard she's running for President. The pay is bad and she might be cancelled after four years but since she's taken up nut farming, she'll be right at home. There are plenty of nuts on Capitol Hill.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:20 AM

2,928 posts, read 3,116,577 times
I was so excited when this show started. I love the old Roseanne shows. But, I was only able to watch the first few shows. I just couldn't do it. I probably would watch a show with her son and her boyfriend though. They were great.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:41 AM

9,599 posts, read 6,016,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I was so excited when this show started. I love the old Roseanne shows. But, I was only able to watch the first few shows. I just couldn't do it. I probably would watch a show with her son and her boyfriend though. They were great.
LOL--they really were!!!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:19 AM

2,632 posts, read 383,714 times
I watched the show a few times, and thought it was OK. it had it's moments. It wasn't all that bad. Lets face it, theres alot worse shows on TV

Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 AM

11,855 posts, read 10,287,971 times
I actually liked it, as i am a big fan of hers also. but i dont get to see it that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV