Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 02:00 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,566,517 times

Advertisements

In a perfect world, I would love to see syndication and streaming breathe new life into the show before it's officially cancelled, and make Warner Bros. change their mind about ending this show. I really love the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,640,721 times
The only thing that would keep the show on the air is good ratings. Another show I watch had new viewers on the current season after going syndicated, but some of the new viewers were complaining about the changes, not liking the current season episodes compared with season 1 or 2. That could happen with Person of Interest. From what Michael Emerson, said in that article, it doesn't sound like the show will improve any next year.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:59 AM

19,190 posts, read 16,664,271 times
Seasons 1-3 are now available on Netflix.

It's great re-watching the early episodes. Lots of things I missed. I didn't make the connection but in the episode where Joss dies (The Crossing), a comment Reese makes to her is the same one he did when they first met. "You know, it's funny. Seems like the only time you need a name now is when you're in trouble. So am I in trouble?"

It was around that time I lost interest in the show. When Carter died, that was it for me.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:59 AM

I've watched some of the old syndicated episodes. Much better than the recent ones! I used to feel like they really made a difference, back when our favorite, The Machine, was in charge. Now the "other" evil machine is just defeating them all the time while they're stumbling around without guidance and can't even solve minor crimes without sneaking around (always being watched and hunted). Last night I dreamed that Root had a thing for Finch and was putting the moves on him. Should have known better! Root is attracted to women and still thinks Shaw will return and Finch...well, he never has gotten over his ex, I guess! Yeah, letting Taraji get away was a big mistake! She was the "heart" of the show. Then her replacement left. Meanwhile, Taraji is getting a lot of screen time with her new show and it must be fun for her playing such an outrageous character. And she actually gets to have have romantic interests on the other show!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:25 AM

4,361 posts, read 6,526,349 times
Even with the evolution of the series, I'll still miss it when it's gone. Likely this will be it. Just to smart and sophisticated for those in the Mindless Young Joe Ratings demographics.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:16 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,400,183 times
Have new episodes started airing? It's been a long time since last season ended.

Old 12-04-2015, 12:05 PM

19,190 posts, read 16,664,271 times
I'd completely forgotten about this show. I thought it was cancelled. Apparently, due to the poor ratings last year, CBS didn't put it on the Fall lineup but it is coming back ... Summer 2016. However, there will be only 13 episodes instead of the usual 22-23.

Personally, I lost interest in the show after Taraji left and they changed the whole premise of the show. I never quite understood how Root could become one of the good guys after she kidnapped Finch and held him hostage. I just didn't like where the writers took the show. I guess I wasn't alone, though. Viewership dropped dramatically during Season 4. The common complaint was the Samaritan character. Maybe they'll be able to wrap things up and give Reese and Finch a happy ending when the show returns for what, I believe, will be their last season.

Old 12-06-2015, 10:35 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,566,517 times
My local NBC station started airing the show from Ep 1 Season 1 at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. I've been recording them, and it's amazing how wonderful this show is/was. I saw a link on another thread that showed it coming back in March. I'm not sure, but I also heard that CBS doesn't own the show (Warner Bros?) so it's not in charge of keeping it going. I guess Warner (or whomever) decided it wasn't doing well enough and pulled it. That's too bad because it was such an original premise, and there was a lot they could do with it. I'm seeing that watching it from the beginning again.

Old 12-07-2015, 06:09 AM

22,909 posts, read 28,237,218 times
I just started watching this show on Netflix. Two episodes in. Really enjoying it so far.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:29 PM

After season 3, the ratings really suffered a nose dive. I stuck with it for that next season, but now it not only missed the fall season, it'll be MIA until next Summer. That will be the end, unless high ratings convinces CBS to give it another chance (not likely!).
Person of Interest Season 5 Spoilers: Shaw's return to the team alarms Reese; CBS confirms Summer 2016 premiere : Trending News : Venture Capital Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV