U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:11 AM

12,503 posts, read 17,905,037 times
Default Whitney

Did anyone watch this new show? Kind of cute and made us laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM

6,178 posts, read 3,010,690 times
It was one of the new shows I wanted to see, but with so many premiers on, I missed it. Well, seeing your post, I went and viewed the full epi on line and LOVED IT! Will be on my weekly to watch list. So funny.

Last edited by TRosa; 09-25-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 AM

7,064 posts, read 5,018,567 times
Default Cute...exept for...

It is cute. She is very charming, funny and beautiful. I think they could have gotten a much better male lead. He's very wooden, and not very easy on the eyes. He looks like a bloodhound. Anyone else notice this?

The blond girl who plays her friend is very funny.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 PM

18,717 posts, read 14,870,398 times
There were a few good laughs, although some of the jokes seemed a little routine, to me. She is very cute and appealing, and I liked the male lead too.

Over all I thought it was cute but to be honest I had to change channels after about 20 minutes because the laugh track was really annoying. They said this was filmed in front of an audience but the laughter must have been enhanced with a laugh track because it was way too much (riotous guffaws going on and on after each and every line Now, come on....). Plus, the laughing didn't even sound natural. I'm sorry but nobody laughs like that in real life, not even if they got the audience incredibly high before the taping. I know it's a silly thing to pick on, but it really started to annoy me, to the point where I couldn't finish the show and won't return.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:01 PM

3,768 posts, read 3,936,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It is cute. She is very charming, funny and beautiful. I think they could have gotten a much better male lead. He's very wooden, and not very easy on the eyes. He looks like a bloodhound. Anyone else notice this?
I haven't seen the show but the previews and I thought the same thing about her male lead. They couldn't find a better looking guy for her. She doesn't even look like she'd date a guy like him.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:21 PM

6,178 posts, read 3,010,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
There were a few good laughs, although some of the jokes seemed a little routine, to me. She is very cute and appealing, and I liked the male lead too.

I too liked the male lead, I thought he countered and compliments, Whitney's personality perfectly. She's very pretty, and kind of goofy so they seem very well suited for one another. I like his puppy dog look.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:14 AM

2,519 posts, read 1,601,059 times
Quote:

Over all I thought it was cute but to be honest I had to change channels after about 20 minutes because the laugh track was really annoying. They said this was filmed in front of an audience but the laughter must have been enhanced with a laugh track because it was way too much (riotous guffaws going on and on after each and every line Now, come on....). Plus, the laughing didn't even sound natural. I'm sorry but nobody laughs like that in real life, not even if they got the audience incredibly high before the taping. I know it's a silly thing to pick on, but it really started to annoy me, to the point where I couldn't finish the show and won't return.
That was our opinion on it. Not watching it due to the laugh track, even though the show was pretty decent. The laugh track was going at parts where it wasn't even funny. What a waste.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 AM
JPD

7,729 posts, read 7,873,979 times
Quote:
Over all I thought it was cute but to be honest I had to change channels after about 20 minutes because the laugh track was really annoying. They said this was filmed in front of an audience but the laughter must have been enhanced with a laugh track because it was way too much (riotous guffaws going on and on after each and every line Now, come on....). Plus, the laughing didn't even sound natural.
Here's what they do. They film in front of a live audience, but what you hear on the show isn't the sound of the audience in real time. The audience response is being recorded. Then, during editing, they use the audience recording as if it were a laugh track, cutting in their laughter whenever they like. They can manipulate the sound of the laughter by layering 50 people worth of laughs on top of each other to make it sound like 300 people laughing their asses off.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM

4,296 posts, read 8,275,821 times
I loved it and I like the male lead. It's my favorite of the new sit-coms I've seen this season. Much better than New Girl and Up All Night. Those didn't click with me.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:14 PM

1,618 posts, read 1,074,478 times
I thought it was tacky and the laugh track was annoying. They should bury it on Friday night and create an American version of Come Fly With Me for that time slot...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV