Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 PM

515 posts, read 715,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
After last nights' epi I felt I was going to give up on this show too. Boring. But then I saw the previews for next week which looked good. So I will watch next week but if I'm bored again that's it for me.
See? There you go putting your finger on exactly what's wrong with this show...the previews always look good but the episodes never deliver!

Bummer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2011, 08:48 PM

7,349 posts, read 5,465,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
See? There you go putting your finger on exactly what's wrong with this show...the previews always look good but the episodes never deliver!

Bummer
Agreed!!!

Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,019,292 times
I think last nights episode was probably one of the best ones.
The Tape Worm (or parasite, whatever it was) was a pretty gross effect.
The Dinosaur didn't disappoint, pretty good graphics.

Still needs more action.
Go on a Rampage, Eat Someone, Get a little Bloody, just do something for more then 5-10 seconds.
Maybe add some giants spiders, and add a little horror aspect to this show.

Again I can go without the Teen Drama and emotions.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:42 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,188,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
So, a manual override to a secured room is located OUTSIDE the room? where anyone can use it?
That door was ridiculous! They also really lost me at the "spider song" and the girl being so scared, it was such a cliche' when I was her age I would have been thrilled to explore that tunnel that was obviously man made, and had plenty of light, and be able to save the day, as would all of my girlfriends, and all the little girls I have nannyed for when I was in college. This show is basically nothing but cliches, so the girl had to be terrified, and be sung through it, even the actress seems to be playing the character really young, and cutesy, you can tell she is acting, it doesn't ring true considering the world where she came from, which is what bugs me the most. Unless I'm REALLY bored, and NOTHING else is on that was my last episode.

Last edited by detshen; 11-08-2011 at 02:28 PM..

Old 11-08-2011, 04:12 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,521,212 times
That's kind of a good point. However seeing as she was an illegal third-child they couldn't let out in early years I could see her being a bit sheltered or babied. They've kind of implied she's a bit emotionally retarded or scarred before now. Also I sort-of liked that they at least gave her something to do. I'm not sure she'd been much of a character before now, just a symbol of their rebelliousness or hope or something. She wasn't as developed as I'd like, but better than nothing.

So for me I think it was other things that disappointed me. They sort-of implied big things would happen and I guess they did in a way, but anything big that happened seemed a bit murky to me somehow. Maybe I was just distracted but I still don't know much more about the Sixers than before and what we did learn was treated as like an end moment of a minute or so. The middle-child's story just didn't interest me much. That relationship kind of strikes me odd. If I understand it right he's almost certainly in his twenties and she's like 16. They "court" in a fairly Victorian style and even when they spend a night in a tree together the most they even discuss is fairly G-rated kissing. I guess seeing the big dino attack the fence should have been cool, but somehow it just felt like Godzilla attacking to me. The human-fighting and the hospital stuff was okay I guess.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:24 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,917,741 times
I read that the pressure is on Speilberg. The execs are not to happy with the results since it's so expensive to shoot 1 episode. This show might get the can.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:44 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,068,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Klato View Post
I read that the pressure is on Speilberg. The execs are not to happy with the results since it's so expensive to shoot 1 episode. This show might get the can.
I guess it all depends on if it continues to pick up a wide audience range. Good point on it being expensive to make. I didn't even think of that aspect.

Quote:
The show seeing the biggest improvement was Fox's Terra Nova (7.7 million total viewers, 2.6 rating in adults 18-49 demographic), which improved 24 percent in 18-49 and 17 percent in total viewers.
Source: TV Ratings: 'Terra Nova' Improves Significantly, 'Hart of Dixie' Posts Low - Hollywood Reporter

I do think it has the capacity to do so, they just need more developed characters/story lines and it takes time to get there.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:42 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,019,292 times
Last weeks episode was pretty good.
Tonight's is looking interesting so far.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:23 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,521,212 times
I'm pleased they finally revealed some stuff. Although maybe they went from "reveal virtually nothing expect weird phrases" to "reveal virtually everything" a little too fast.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:33 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,837,821 times
I actually though last night's show was pretty darn good. The camera following the dragon fly around was a nice effect, and the commander showing some emotion at the end was a nice touch. Now if only a dinosaur would eat those kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV