Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:43 AM

5,479 posts, read 7,058,137 times

Advertisements

You're not comparing apples and apples here.
She has a divine gift and she should be using it to give messages from those on the other side.

I have been to plenty of psychics before who were just as accurate as her if not more. They also charge 10% of what Theresa is asking. The price of $850 is outrageous. I would like to see "spirit" tell her not to charge their relatives so much.

If she is going to continue to take advantage of people financially then her "gift" will be taken away as easy as it was given to her. It has happened before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,067,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
How do you know that she charges $850 a session? Just wondering.
it has been mentioned on the internet before

Old 04-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I would charge also, why shouldn't she????

Singers ( madonna, Whitney, Aretha, etc...) charge exorberant amounts of money for us to listen to them sing, singing is a gift.....

why shouldnt she charge, i see nothing wrong with it.

Artists that paint have a gift, they charge for their paintings.....

get it????

no rudeness needed here(the get it quote!)-------the above people do charge for tickets yes it does not put them in the category of helping people though---they are entertaining---

Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 AM

2,244 posts, read 3,891,769 times
I'd like to see her try to solve the Long Island murders. She doesn't have to identify the serial killer, assuming the killings were done by one person. Just obtain enough information from the dead to help the police bring about a resolution that would pretty much satisfy everyone, including skeptics, which I kind of count myself as one.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:31 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,922,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsox1972 View Post
I think I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I found James Van Praagh's Book "Talking to Heaven" (or something close to that) to be very informative. I believe he wrote that book some 30 years ago.

I read Lisa Wiliams' first book and it was an easy read (which I admit I like) and was entertaining. She has such a great personality.

I highly recommend reading "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Dr. Brian Weiss. He is not a medium, but rather, a psychiatrist. One of his patients went into past life regression through hypnosis (much to his surprise). He took a risk writing his book (as he explains) and I think those who are skeptical might find that he hold more credence being that he is a doctor, and not a professional medium. http://www.brianweiss.com/

No doubt there are many other great books out there. Point is, if you're on the fence, or believe and just want to learn more, there is a lot of great literature out there.
Thanks for the books. I read VP's already.

There are several nineteenth century books, written originally in French, by Allan Kardec.

They get reprinted every now and again and I forget who recommended them. I think they are a bit difficult to slog through, but are sort of training manuals for mediums, so they tend to answer questions and explain things.
Some of the language and concepts are a bit old fashioned, so a person has to read with a discerning eye.

I like Van Praagh so much that I may, when my husband and I are ready, splurge and go on some of his cruises.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,922,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
no rudeness needed here(the get it quote!)-------the above people do charge for tickets yes it does not put them in the category of helping people though---they are entertaining---
Doctors charge.

I don't know why their powers diminish when they just want to get paid, like everyone else, but it is supposed to be very common. Maybe some charge a lot because they can rack up a small fortune while the sun is shining and then just retire early.

Do clergy charge? All I know is my husband's pastor and he is extremely well educated and gives his counsel freely with no strings attached.

IS a medium's ability unique? Is it not merely a talent one is born with similar to mathematical or musical ability?

What I am (just randomly perusing, here) thinking is that maybe this is a talent that we should each be developing for ourselves and that by making it into a business or even doing it a lot for others, it makes us dependent and relying on them rather than on ourselves?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:21 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,422,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
it has been mentioned on the internet before
I had said that Sylvia Browne charges that, hard to imagine the LIM gets that too.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,358,321 times
being a medium is a gift ad I dont think you should sell a gift!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I had said that Sylvia Browne charges that, hard to imagine the LIM gets that too.
twas not refering to any current posters nor this forum---btw 800 to 850--seems to be the going rate for well publicized"psychics"

Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
being a medium is a gift ad I dont think you should sell a gift!
i agree and in comparing it to physicians--they overcharge so we can help them repay their med schook costs and their new homes,bars, wives,etc(tongue in cheek comment here)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV