Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,220 times

Advertisements

a two year booking allows for a lot of investigating of the client.....just saying.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2012, 05:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
a two year booking allows for a lot of investigating of the client.....just saying.......

It used to be that when you booked with her, she took your FIRST name only and a number to reach you to confirm your booking. I don't know how she does her bookings now, but that's how it was then. Just saying....

Also, anyone can find any way to discredit anyone, even Mother Theresa.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
To me what I think is that Theresa sees different shapes and or colors to mean different things, not like the ghost is sitting in the chair across from her. Maybe different symbols mean different letters or something to that effect.

But I am a believer. I find her very likeable.
Well, at first she just gets a letter, maybe, or some mundane comment about a woman or man dying - fine, they are sending her symbols and she's fishing around. But after that, she seems to get very specific, like her mentioning the furniture, and the chair, with that guy.
So, yeah, it seems as though they are, for a very short time, in a chair.

There are people who find sensitives and train them to better understand how the spirits communicate with them, personally.

I have never seen many of them, including Theresa, talk about how they do what they do, where their training was from, etc.

Van Praagh is the only one who is up front about all this, plus he really tries to help people do this for themselves on his website and through his books.

I wish Theresa would talk about her early life, training, etc.

It is touching, what we see on tv. I guess I have been a believer for so long and my friends are at least open minded, that it is strange for me to see Theresa's clients bawling about knowing that their relatives are still existent.

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-18-2012 at 09:11 AM..

Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
at $128.00 a person in a giant hall I think the first person she helps is herself...Now I understand why her husband is so willing to allow her to disrupt every family function.....
I believe that most psychics cannot be equally accurate with everyone on any given day. So there has to be 'guessing' involved at times.

The fraud is in charging people for the readings that don't nail it, the ones we probably never see.

When a psychic's powers diminish - and they do - do they still keep up the pretense? I think most do.

You see, people can get snookered when the 'system' does not recognize psychics, and there is no way to license them and regular testing to maintain the license. There is no minimal standard of accuracy required for a person to practice and charge people what they do.

I think, when they get their training, they are told about the ability possibly diminishing. Some just decide to make as much money as they can while they are still 'hot'. I think most of us would end up doing the same, no?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
It used to be that when you booked with her, she took your FIRST name only and a number to reach you to confirm your booking. I don't know how she does her bookings now, but that's how it was then. Just saying....

Also, anyone can find any way to discredit anyone, even Mother Theresa.
Yes. Mother Theresa doubted that god existed, which she said in her diary. Christopher Hitchens had a lot to say about her, that her Catholicism taught that suffering was of god or had a purgative effect and because of this she gave many people a bed to die in but no treatment.

I don't know. I used to think M.Th. was marvelous, but it just seems as though any public 'thing' that pulls at your heartstrings is partly a sham and definitely a ruse to make money.

Psychics are for entertainment only. Sometimes they nail it, sometimes they don't. If you have spare cash to spend on fun, go to one. Just do not spend your survival money on them or money that you need in YOUR retirement fund. Take care of your own, first, before contributing to other's.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,375,220 times
I am not saying she is a fake .....but I would have to experience her myself

Old 09-19-2012, 08:40 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,075,451 times
I can't believe anyone watching this show can possibly doubt that it is real. The reactions of people; either they are amazing actors and actresses or it is REAL.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
I am not saying she is a fake .....but I would have to experience her myself

she has borrowed many things from john edwards and imo----she is in the same category as john,sylvia,etc--no different----been to mediums in cassadega---big difference

Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I think Teresa is the real deal. She cannot possible have the time to investigate her clients to find out about them when she see clients all day, probably at least 5 days a week, or a room full of strangers that book her, or people she just runs into out in the public. You cannot just guess this stuff.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 AM

I hear no one saying she's a fake, but I'm saying she's not always on target and those shows are edited out. I'm saying, that's why, in a group mediums generally will not read for everyone. They pull people out of the crowd who they CAN read for on that particular occasion.

Because none are accurate all the time, I would think it fair if they only charge for the times in which they are accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV