Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 11:44 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I'm sure TLC will run reruns of the entire last season either on Sunday to lead up to the new season or all weekend long.

I'm really looking forward to it. I love her show.

I always wondered that myself..... what if you're hoping for one person to come through and then someone totally unexpected (and unwanted) comes through. That would suck! LOL!
I love Teresa and would love to one day have a reading from her. I have fantasized about that and always just assume if someone came through it would be either my parents or a brother I lost. Not that hearing from them would not be amazing, but I would love to hear from a few relatives that passed when I was a kid and teen. I have an aunt and 2 grandmothers I would love to hear from, so it wouldn't necessarily suck to me to hear from someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 09:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I love Teresa and would love to one day have a reading from her. I have fantasized about that and always just assume if someone came through it would be either my parents or a brother I lost. Not that hearing from them would not be amazing, but I would love to hear from a few relatives that passed when I was a kid and teen. I have an aunt and 2 grandmothers I would love to hear from, so it wouldn't necessarily suck to me to hear from someone else.

I didn't mean that if you were hoping to hear from one relative and you heard from another --- that definitely wouldn't suck!!

I meant something like if I had a reading with her and was hoping to hear from a certain person--- instead of her, my ex-boyfriend (who was extremely evil and abusive -- physically, mentally, emotionally) came through. THAT would suck!! Big time!!!!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:32 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
There was an episode last season where the daughter was murdered by her husband. The mother and sister came for a reading. The murdered daughter came through ---- so did the husband who murdered her (and committed suicide). Theresa said he was cursing her, calling her a *****, swearing at her, screaming at her.

Loved ones who aren't grieving wouldn't be likely candidates to seek out Theresa's services to seek a reading
You have a point. People who have had loving families that they miss are the lucky ones. At least they had that love. The ones who 'spirit' should really be helping are those who never had that advantage in life. I once dated a guy whose mom would pit each of her sons against the others, bragging about their achievements and success. She may have thought that this made them try harder individually, I don't know.

I knew a woman with 13 siblings, each of which had been in prison or in trouble with the law in one way or another. She was the only one who stayed out of trouble, went to college, got good grades and a steady job. Her 'loving and supporting family' came all within her. Spirit should certainly be rewarding her. What does she see on the other side? Who comes to greet her?

Old 09-27-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I'm sure TLC will run reruns of the entire last season either on Sunday to lead up to the new season or all weekend long.

I'm really looking forward to it. I love her show.

I always wondered that myself..... what if you're hoping for one person to come through and then someone totally unexpected (and unwanted) comes through. That would suck! LOL!
Yes. What if you are married and your husband is there with you at a reading and an old boyfriend comes through? Now THAT would make for interesting TV!

Well, it's usually loved ones who come along, but how about the loved one who suffered an early death and you remarry?

I think the easiest contacts are when there has been a strong emotional bond between people. o

Last edited by goldengrain; 09-27-2013 at 03:49 PM..

Old 09-27-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
TomNY, did you ever book a reading with her???

I've been watching some repeats this summer and although I have a little skepticism still, I am starting to enjoy her. She's wicked funny even sometimes when she doesn't mean to be!

Her daughter's refusal to go into the "Psychic" with her mother when the family was sightseeing NYC one time was very telling IMO. The kid actually seemed scared to go see another psychic. She's probably not as scared of her mother's ability but she sure seemed jittery about another. I wasn't impressed with that other one....if she were psychic, wouldn't she have known Theresa was a psychic too? I think she was a fake. Gypsy palm reading stuff.
I agree. I saw that one.

Gypsys can get nasty. Maybe we did not see a little conversation before hand where the family was egging Theresa to expose the phony. Maybe that's what got the daughter upset. There may be some 'psychics' that are into some unsavory occult practices, as well.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 PM

I've had visitations from my mother (who I honestly don't want to see) and they seemed so real --- as if she was still alive and was right there. I also had a very brief visitation from my older sister who committed suicide. I wish she would have stayed and talked to me but it was a very brief thing. I'm hoping she'll come to me again.

I think everyone has some level of psychic ability --- you just have to find a way to "fine tune" it.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
Quote:
I've had visitations from my mother (who I honestly don't want to see) and they seemed so real --- as if she was still alive and was right there. I also had a very brief visitation from my older sister who committed suicide. I wish she would have stayed and talked to me but it was a very brief thing. I'm hoping she'll come to me again.

I think everyone has some level of psychic ability --- you just have to find a way to "fine tune" it.
Was it in a dream or what? Good to know it's about time for new episodes.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Was it in a dream or what? Good to know it's about time for new episodes.

It was in a dream (or at the very least, I was sleeping).... She was sitting on the end of my bed, telling me "I'm sorry; I didn't know" and I told her "you DID know. yes you did. you didn't do anything about it". She said again "I'm sorry" and then just left.

With my sister who committed suicide, she just sat on the edge of my bed and then left.

These were absolutley visitations and not just "dreams" or "wishful thinking".

New episodes start 10/06 on TLC!! Can't wait!!

Last edited by Amisi; 09-27-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 01:30 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Old thread, I know.

I am sitting here watching this show and don't get me wrong, I love it!

It drives me nuts when she asks someone a question and when they verify it she acts so shocked.

If she is a medium and can do this why is she still so darned shocked?

Old 07-07-2014, 06:29 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
[quote=Pikantari;35548667]
Old thread, I know.

I am sitting here watching this show and don't get me wrong, I love it!

It drives me nuts when she asks someone a question and when they verify it she acts so shocked.

If she is a medium and can do this why is she still so darned shocked?
[/quote]

That cracks me up!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV