Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM

8,804 posts, read 21,223,252 times

Advertisements

I like how she looks like a regular person & still has all of these powers. Most mediums look sort of weird, like caricatures of what mediums are supposed to look like. She looks like everybody on Long Island ( and I cannot tell you how homesick it makes me.....) .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 11:47 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I like how she looks like a regular person & still has all of these powers. Most mediums look sort of weird, like caricatures of what mediums are supposed to look like. She looks like everybody on Long Island ( and I cannot tell you how homesick it makes me.....) .
From the commercials I've seen, she looks like typical Joisey to me. The teased hair plastered down with hair spray, the looong nails. I didn't hear enough of her accent to hear if it's New Yoirk or Joisey though. Still haven't had time to check out my VOD.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:54 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,753,867 times
I do really love this show. She is very likeable and funny. I do notice that she asks alot of leading questions that she should know the answers to. I have always been into this kind of thing and I am far from a skeptic, but when I saw a news piece once on someone like her that was a fake, alot of the same questions were asked by them to make their clients believe. I know there are some real things that she couldn't know and does blurt out alot, but somethings make me raise an eyebrow. I wish I could get a reading and when she asks me something I could just say "aren't you supposed to tell me"?

I wish I never saw that news piece so that I would be able to enjoy this show even more. I still love it though and most is believable.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:42 PM

23,821 posts, read 33,345,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
i saw her on anderson(his day time talk show) and she was doing random readings and everyone was crying...i wonder if she's real. i'd love to try at random
I couldn't find the day listing for my area so I taped the night one & she wasn't on.
Thankfully it was online

Old 04-04-2012, 01:51 PM

18,385 posts, read 31,499,727 times
Love her.

To me she screams Brooklyn that moved to Long Island.
last night I cried all through the show.

One Lady's child was in a stroller and it (the stroller) did something I don't remember what she said it did, but she thought the child was taking a nap, and he wasn't.

tears, please, so many tears.

another womans son was murdered and she was with him on his last breath.

I just cant handel parents losing their children, i just cant handel it.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:52 PM

18,385 posts, read 31,499,727 times
and i cant even spell the word handel

Old 04-04-2012, 10:27 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,424,921 times
I was surprised in the previews for the next episode that she had a net over her hair and it was all flattened down. She is very particular about her hair and nails.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:03 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,121,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
and i cant even spell the word handel
LOL, handle.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:43 AM

23,821 posts, read 33,345,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
last night I cried all through the show.

One Lady's child was in a stroller and it (the stroller) did something I don't remember what she said it did, but she thought the child was taking a nap, and he wasn't.
My heart hit the floor.. hard when she said that.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,924,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
From the commercials I've seen, she looks like typical Joisey to me. The teased hair plastered down with hair spray, the looong nails. I didn't hear enough of her accent to hear if it's New Yoirk or Joisey though. Still haven't had time to check out my VOD.
On her web site she looked so tough to me, only because of the appearance. They say you can tell a woman's age often because she is still hooked into the hair and makeup of her teens and early twenties.

She seems like such a positive and high spirited (no pun meant) person, though. I'd lose the hair, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV