U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2011, 01:24 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,847,076 times
Default The Chew

I am just curious, did anyone watch the new premier of The Chew today, which replaced All My Children which was on for 42 yrs.? I did not see it but I am wondering what others think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM

1,931 posts, read 820,833 times
I am curious as well!

Old 09-26-2011, 03:16 PM

260 posts, read 304,404 times
I watched pretty much of it. I think if you are looking for ideas on cooking and new recipes you would like it. There are so many shows on that involve cooking that I'm not sure there is any thing particularly unique about this one.

The people on the show are nice. To me they seemed a little hyper but that seems to happen on any first show. They are trying very hard to make it work. After a couple shows it should get better.

Dr Oz made an appearance when his daughter was making her health drink and brought her flowers. She didn't get to say much because he tended to talk over her.

I would watch it again but probably not every day. I can always use new ideas on meals to make. I hope for those on the show it is a success however ...........

I WANT ALL MY CHILDREN BACK!

Old 09-26-2011, 04:40 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,847,076 times
Thank you for the responses. I was thinking the same thing. I am enrolled in Top Chef University online & there are so many cooking shows that I thought one more in the afternoon trying to target people that have watched soaps in that time slot for years is just not going to work. We will see. I also herd that after they take One Life To Live Off, it is going to replaced with Katie Couric, I don't know about this. My thinking is that anyone that has geared themselves to watch a Soap Opera will probably turn to another one. I put on The Bold & The Beautiful today and the "son" came back home--the "son" was JR from AMC. They are going to other soaps and their fans will go with them.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:28 PM

12,534 posts, read 7,810,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I put on The Bold & The Beautiful today and the "son" came back home--the "son" was JR from AMC. They are going to other soaps and their fans will go with them.
Oh really? Good for him, I like that guy. I thought they were going to be showing the new episodes online--how pathetic is that? It makes me so mad. The more evil side of me thinks about all that plastic surgery the actors got so they look good on high def, wasted.

As for The Chew, I like Michael Symon, I've seen him on a lot of shows on Food Network, and Mario Batali too. I think they are both Iron Chefs. It isn't their fault AMC is off, so I don't want the show to fail, but probably won't watch it.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM

715 posts, read 792,206 times
Loved seeing Carla from Top Chef. She did seem a bit nervous, but still funny. Michael Symon and Mario Batali are also cool and make cooking seem easy and fun. I could watch them for hours.

I have to wait and see how Clinton Kelly and Oz Daughter work out. I'm pretty much saturated with the all-healthy-all-the-time schtick, since it makes up a huge percentage of my local so-called "news". And I hope Dr. Oz stays off my TV set. Clinton's schtick is party-throwing, which might get tiring, too, but he is funny and cute.

One flaw, at least to me, was the uneven flow of the show. Most segments were rushed, and at the end, Mario's seemed to go on forever, presumably cause he was making a pizza, live.

Overall, though, it was quite frenetic. I know there is a perception of folks in TV production that their viewers have attention spans of gnats, but surely there has to be a way to allow a segment to run for more than a couple of minutes before the next commercial break. The whole show seemed quite rushed, as if they'd jammed in more content than was really necessary.

Just my take on it. Don't know yet if I'll watch/DVR it regularly.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM

554 posts, read 715,008 times
I saw it's premier episode and I wasn't all that impressed. They go too fast to write anything down. The so called, "pizza" that the big guy made looked horrible and he burned it. I don't know who any of those people are except for the guy from, "What not to wear".

I tried watching it again today and they lost me. Plus, I'm a vegetarian, so almost everything they make is nothing I would eat. I almost considered the apple pancake recipe, but I don't put batter on my food and I don't like the idea of eating fried things either. So that was out.

I know Dr. Oz's daughter is there to try to help balance out the healthy aspect of it, but so far she hasn't helped much. I don't see myself making much of an effort to watch this show in the future.

Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM

3,132 posts, read 7,333,847 times
I will not ever watch this show. Hate ABC for cancelling all my children and replacing it with such a poorly-named show. The Chew, make me want to spew.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM

13,374 posts, read 9,842,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I will not ever watch this show. Hate ABC for cancelling all my children and replacing it with such a poorly-named show. The Chew, make me want to spew.
LOL! I would not watch anything Oz so count me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV