Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 PM

9,803 posts, read 11,492,129 times

Advertisements

Whats up with Kandi's new man?
I was hoping to wife her next year when i visit Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:52 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,690,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
btw, the new home is this in Buckhead? This does not look like a Fayetteville-Peachtree City home like the former residence.
I've goggled to see where it is located but besides the pic on twitter, it hasn't been said where it is located in the metro.

The new house seems like two houses to me but the gate sorta negates that idea.

Quote:
Those Glenwood homes are gorgeous! Are they in the ritzy area?
Not that ritzy. It's a new infill community in the southeast portion of the city.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 AM

4,036 posts, read 9,224,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
That premise is played out. The housewives who are credit ballers are a drain because they can't keep the lifestyle up. We could see a helluva lot more if they'd stop putting so many of the fakers on the show. I wanna know what Khandi and Lisa on RHOBH and their kind do to keep their millions. I'm trying to see both the good as well as bad. Right now they only want to show the bad and the silly. I would like to have seen Khandi talking to investors and weeding them to find the right ones vs seeing Peter talking to investors and picking the wrong ones! That's the bizness right there!!! Baller vs faker smackdown! The little women at home can handle that. We're buying our homes at a rate that's unprecedented. We're running businesses at a rate that's unprecedented. It doesn't have to be all about going to Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) and blowing a wad of your man's future earnings and just generally living in a dream world.
I hear ya but no offense that doesn't sound interesting. This gay man can only speak for himself but I don't want to see stuff about investors and only sophistication. I love Kandi she's an island of common sense in a sea of Tom foolery. However her relatively diet drama life isn't interesting enough to carry a show alone. Shows where no one fights and people act intelligent can only last for so long.

Besides if you want nice woman being nice women one can watch the WE network.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:34 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,391,159 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
That premise is played out. The housewives who are credit ballers are a drain because they can't keep the lifestyle up. We could see a helluva lot more if they'd stop putting so many of the fakers on the show. I wanna know what Khandi and Lisa on RHOBH and their kind do to keep their millions. I'm trying to see both the good as well as bad. Right now they only want to show the bad and the silly.
She became practically invisible in terms of mainstream familiarity upon her departure from the group Xscape, but was always behind the scenes writing/producing etc. The only time I remember seeing her during those years of dormancy was when the group TLC completed a 'where it all began' type of special 10 years ago. They took viewers to various notable locations around Atlanta, one of which was the studio where they created the 90's hits they've become known for, and Kandi was inside. So she's been doing her thing for quite some time. Can't speak for Lisa though. (or Jiggy)

HaHa, I found the video, YouTube rules! This link should take you straight the part where they go back to Doppler studios. http://youtu.be/inhSZX70ZM8?t=4m10s

Quote:
I would like to have seen Khandi talking to investors and weeding them to find the right ones vs seeing Peter talking to investors and picking the wrong ones! That's the bizness right there!!! Baller vs faker smackdown! The little women at home can handle that. We're buying our homes at a rate that's unprecedented. We're running businesses at a rate that's unprecedented. It doesn't have to be all about going to Needless Markup (Neiman Marcus) and blowing a wad of your man's future earnings and just generally living in a dream world.
Hahahaha...yeah that could have been interesting, but I have to admit I enjoy that element of fabulosity and drama. Kandi is a good girl, much like Toya Carter. They're just not made for drama IMO. Now Peter is a wild card though. He could probably maintain a respectable audience based on his antics and nasty attitude alone.

Quote:
I didn't mind Kandi's old house as far as it not being a mansion. What I didn't like was the dated look of her decor and furniture. Her old house looked like she did not decorate it since she bought it or since the previous owners decorated it; it had a 1980's look to it.
Can't argue with that, and Kandi's old place was actually a really nice home. I hope the new one isn't way out in Fayetteville though. I'd rather be in Glenwood with Cynthia and Peter. Cynthia probably walks to work, her agency is literally around the corner from their home, and Bar One is just up the street.

Quote:
Kandi's new house is huuuge!!! I am surprised she got such a big house but I do believe she can afford it...more power to her.
Kandi may be noveau-riche but she has class about it...she's rich-b**tch but she does not have to advertise it; now that's class!!!
btw, the new home is this in Buckhead? This does not look like a Fayetteville-Peachtree City home like the former residence.
I know, it looks really nice from what I can tell. Kandi's a classy lady. It's almost hard to imagine anybody hating her, sure she takes a dig every now and again like everyone else, but she's mostly harmless IMO. And I'm not sure where the new place is located, but it looks more like a suburban home to me than anything in Buckhead, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Where is Chateau Sheree located? Time for a road trip!
LMAO!! I'm not sure, but I know her first home from Season 1 was in Sandy Springs. NeNe lives in Duluth, and Kim lives in Roswell.

Last edited by NorthDeKalb; 04-26-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 04-26-2012, 05:59 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,690,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficionado View Post

LMAO!! I'm not sure, but I know her first home from Season 1 was in Sandy Springs. NeNe lives in Duluth, and Kim lives in Roswell.
Sheree new house is supposedly located here:

5210 Lake Forrest Dr Ne Atlanta GA - Google Maps

Nene filed her divorce decree in Forsyth County. I wonder, if she has moved further out now

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM

9,803 posts, read 11,492,129 times
Marlo need to go next seasons
Her attacking kandi's House was laughable

Old 04-28-2012, 02:45 PM

339 posts, read 694,667 times
Has anyone watched Kim's spinoff show? I actually caught the re-run last night -I was not planning to but it really was not that bad. The episodes are 30 mins long can't believe I enjoyed it. Kim did get a dig in on Nene. I can't remember what it was, "it was something about when " I think of some thing (animal maybe), I think of Nene." lol.

Anyway, it is not that bad of a show.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:12 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,675,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
Yep, that is the house. I always presumed, they lived there.

Where is Chateau Sheree located? Time for a road trip!
NEVERLAND.. thats where its located

Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,489,704 times
Quote:
Has anyone watched Kim's spinoff show? I actually caught the re-run last night -I was not planning to but it really was not that bad. The episodes are 30 mins long can't believe I enjoyed it. Kim did get a dig in on Nene. I can't remember what it was, "it was something about when " I think of some thing (animal maybe), I think of Nene." lol.

Anyway, it is not that bad of a show.
I caught the first two episodes and thought it was awful....and boring.

The scene where she pushes her daughter into the pool was very random and not funny in the least. Although I loved seeing her baby. But I am so over Kim. And who know that she needed to actually hire a stylist to make her look like she works in a brothel.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,771,728 times
I like Kim but the show was one long commercial for buying needless gauche crap. I thought it was going to be about her family getting closer and making adjustments to their new life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV