U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-31-2011, 04:50 PM

6,611 posts, read 8,513,820 times

Advertisements

Okay, so where did Constance's family live in 1978? They didn't live in the murder house. They lived next door, or at least nearby. The murder house was empty and a mess in 1978, and young Addie was playing in the yard of the murder house, so she had to live next door or very close to it.

So maybe Constance and her husband bought the murder house, which they lived near or next-door to, and refurbished it in time for the 1983 incident. But why would they buy a house they lived next door to? I guess people do that, but it's odd. But I guess Constance is indeed pretty odd.

So then after she kills her husband and maid, she moves next door again? Did she re-purchase the house she used to live in? What a coincidence that the house next door would become available for her to buy.

I also wonder why Constance in the first episode didn't tell Vivien she used to live there. She seems to blurt out all kinds of personal info about everything else; why wouldn't she mention that? Especially since her disabled daughter keeps going into the Harmon's house? You'd think she'd have explained that Addie keeps going there because they used to live there.

I'm not saying I know the answer, or that you are wrong. I'm just going through all the mental gymnastics I went through when trying to figure it out. It's fun anyway.

I'm sure we'll get an answer when we find out what happened to Constance after she killed the husband and maid.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 06:02 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,552,648 times
I don't think Constance ever lived in the murder house...she's always lived next door. According to the website, there is a couple who lived there in the 80's but we haven't seen them yet. That would explain the house being kept up again. I would assume that couple are the ones who purchased the house and fixed it up.

I don't know how old Constance is but I'm guessing she's lived next door to the murder house for many, many years since she knows so much about it.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,615,532 times
Maybe some of the 'ghosts' have been killed more than once. Maybe Constance and Addie have had more than one life, and one of them was in the murder house?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:00 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,059,989 times
Quote:
Maybe some of the 'ghosts' have been killed more than once.
I was thinking that something along those lines might explain Moira's varying presentation. We saw Constance shoot her in the eye, but we don't know that she actually died from that injury. Perhaps she recovered and actually died sometime later? When she is in old lady form she has a bad eye.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:56 AM

13,370 posts, read 7,963,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
I was thinking that something along those lines might explain Moira's varying presentation. We saw Constance shoot her in the eye, but we don't know that she actually died from that injury. Perhaps she recovered and actually died sometime later? When she is in old lady form she has a bad eye.

It said in the very first episode why Moira looks different to different people. She reflects what is in the beholder's heart/mind. She reflects men's carnal thoughts and she reflects women's thoughts of non-competition. Hence, the two utterly different appearences. LOL, there is no recovering from being shot in the eye point blank range. I noticed, also, that Constance shot Moira in her left eye but her bad eye is her right. Continuity issue!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Watched the marathon last night to review everything, well, at least until I fell asleep during episode 3.

What I'd missed the first time was Tate's description of his mother: She's a ******cker, literally, a ******cker. She s*cked-off the guy next door to us, and my Dad left.

We'll have to keep that in mind alongside our hypothesis that Constance is his mother.

I also noticed that I had assumed that the one home-invasion girl had been found alive by the cops, but now I guess she died, but not on the property. I don't think the detective said she was dead, but just that she was a couple blocks away, nearly cut in half. After watching how Tate hacking her with the axe a few times, she's probably dead, right? I think in my "timeline" I only said that two of the invaders had been killed.

I also had no idea where people were getting the word/name "Infantata" to describe the basement monster, since the word was never mentioned in any of the episodes. It's actually listed in the credits, which I never watched before.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 AM

13,104 posts, read 10,597,530 times
Quote:
I don't think Constance ever lived in the murder house...she's always lived next door. According to the website, there is a couple who lived there in the 80's but we haven't seen them yet.
I'm wondering now if the man Constance shot was the guy who lived next door. As in, she was having an affair with her married neighbor who lived in the murder house.

Also, I think it's funny that the Harmons are having such a hard time selling the house. You'd think that in LA of all places, the house being on the Death Tour would be a benefit. There has to be some sort of Tim Burton type or a Goth or heavy metal musician who'd love living in a haunted house.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:18 AM

1,722 posts, read 2,552,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I'm wondering now if the man Constance shot was the guy who lived next door. As in, she was having an affair with her married neighbor who lived in the murder house.
Good point...after all...Constance doesn't come right out and say he's her husband. However...she does say "I've loved you since I was 16" and "You've broken my heart for the last time" before shooting him. She seemed too upset for shooting him to be just a neighbor. Later when she's talking to Moira she says something about Moira stealing weak husbands...assuming she meant the guy she killed. I don't think his name is even mentioned.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:13 AM

Very good point. The guy she shot with Moira could have been her lover, not her husband. I hadn't thought of that. That fits with Tate saying his mom s*cked off the "guy next door."

Old 11-01-2011, 11:54 AM

5,740 posts, read 6,223,807 times
I am leaning towards Constance not being dead and that she once lived in the house. But, I do think that Tate is her son and was killed in or around the house at some point. She may have even killed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV