U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2011, 11:33 AM

6,457 posts, read 8,176,750 times
Here's a start on the "alive vs. ghost" list:

Ben, Vivien, Violet: alive
Constance: not sure, leaning toward alive but with some supernatural power
Moira: definitely ghost
Tate: definitely ghost
Larry Harvey: not sure, probably alive
Hayden: definitely ghost
Chad and Patrick: ghosts
Addie: dead, crossed over, not a ghost
Twin boys: ghosts
Two student nurses: ghosts
Dr. Mongomery and Nora: ghosts
Good-looking security guy: ?
Realtor: ?

Last edited by TracySam; 11-10-2011 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 11:39 AM

6,457 posts, read 8,176,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokatie View Post
Just a couple of questions I have (which I know won't help any of us - sorry!!). Constance's kitchen seems to pre-date the 1980's doesn't it? Even when she shot Moira and the guy she "loved since she was 16", that outfit she was wearing seemed more 50's or maybe 70's? Also, she said her husband looked like Van Johnson who was an actor in the 50's/60's. Remember when she said that people would have assumed that a Van Johnson look alike and her would create beautiful children? So going with this theme, she would pre-date the 1968 murders in the house. So she killed the guy (let's assume the guy she killed was NOT her husband) and Moira. What happened to his wife?

Then she marries and has 4 children (assuming again that none of those children belong to the car salesman). She has Addy (who's in her 30's), she has Tate (also in his 30's) - where are the other two? They're not the twins, are they? And speaking of the twins - could the realtor be their mother? Remember she said that she would KILL to live in that house (when she mentioned living in a 350 square foot place)?

Just ignore me - I'm sure I'll just add confusion to the mix. I think Jessica Lange is a wonderful actress! I keep thinking she's dead since she never goes to the store. Doesn't she always send one of her underage toy boys? I'd really like to know where her other two children are since, as cruel as she was to poor Addy, she looked after her in her own way. And she seems determined to hurt Violet due to her relationship with Tate. So protective Mom in her own kooky way. So where are those other two kids?!

One other thing: On Halloween Night, when Violet was in her room and Tate was waiting for her outside - just before she went to the window to look for him, a hand reached out from under her bed to grab her ankle. Which victim of the house was THAT?!

And I love old houses too - but you couldn't PAY ME to live in that house. The basement alone would have had me running outta there.
Thank you for remembering that the movie star Constance's husband supposedly looked like was Van Johnson! I couldn't remember who she named, and I wanted to look up the movie star's picture to see if he looked like car dealer guy. UPDATE: Hmmm, do a google images on Van Johnson and Eric Close (the actor Constance shot who may have been her husband or lover). They do look similar.

I was kind of thinking that in 1983 Constance looked "typical 80s" like she'd just stepped out of Dynasty or Falcon Crest. Here current kitchen is "older" looking, but so is mine, so I'm not sure there's a "stuck in time" thing happening.

Constance said in (I think) the first episode that she had 4 children, all defective/deformed in some way except for the one perfect one (presumably that's Tate). So I guess the other two siblings were disabled in some way, like Addie. Those twin boys don't seem deformed, but maybe they were sociopaths? that would certainly be a defect.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM

5,124 posts, read 3,622,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Here's a start on the "alive vs. ghost" list:

Ben, Vivien, Violet: alive Agreed.
Constance: not sure, leaning toward alive but with some supernatural power Agreed, though they seem to be trying to make this as ambiguous as possible. She enters the house at will.
Moira: definitely ghost Yes.
Tate: definitely ghost Yes.
Larry Harvey: not sure, probably alive Agreed.
Hayden: definitely ghost Now, of course - but she started the series alive and was killed by Larry.
Chad and Patrick: ghosts Yes.
Addie: dead, crossed over, not a ghost Yes
Twin boys: ghosts Yes
Two student nurses: ghosts Yes.
Dr. Mongomery and Nora: ghosts Yes.
Good-looking security guy: ? I'd say he is alive and he might be killed by a jealous husband or venegeful spirit later.
Realtor: ? I'd say alive.
The show definitely wants us to second guess ourselves on several characters.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:01 PM

12,957 posts, read 10,255,110 times
We can assume that Violet is still alive, though, right? I mean, she took an awful lot of pills, was "rescued" by a ghost, vomited a little in the shower, and never got any official medical attention.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 11-10-2011 at 12:52 PM..

Old 11-10-2011, 12:06 PM

5,124 posts, read 3,622,538 times
I wonder though, if Tate actually got to her and saved her

Old 11-10-2011, 01:30 PM

575 posts, read 164,636 times
Did you all catch last night when Constance admitted to Violet that she use to live in her house? What's the deal with the medium? Why is Constance so interested in the unborn baby and having the wife eat that god awful stuff? This show definitely breaks the rules by having ghosts that can cook, make out, have sex and be seen by others.
I wish FX was On Demand to see the past episodes.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,705,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbekity View Post
Did you all catch last night when Constance admitted to Violet that she use to live in her house? What's the deal with the medium? Why is Constance so interested in the unborn baby and having the wife eat that god awful stuff? This show definitely breaks the rules by having ghosts that can cook, make out, have sex and be seen by others.
I wish FX was On Demand to see the past episodes.
It IS On Demand here in the North East. Where are you located?

Can I please allow my Inner Fat Girl to have a word? I would have been SO dead already since those 2 cupcakes would have been washed down with a nice glass of cold milk the minute they were offered to me!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM

392 posts, read 285,929 times
Since last nights episode was an eyeopener as far as Vivien's dietary boundaries go I was quite surprised that she ate the sweetbreads. Since sweetbreads are usually the products of Lamb or Sheep I feel that the correlation between the two should be noticeable. She is the proverbial lamb being led to the slaughter by the house. Constance is helping the house get her acquainted to her eventual merging with its other occupants.

She actually had an easy time eating the brains presented to her. A very interesting episode indeed. Tate was the filler of this episode as most everyone knew he was the killer in the first place.

Violet is alive and well, Its evident that the ghosts can communicate physically with the occupants of the house and Tate is in love with her so he saved her, knowing her fate if he didn't intercede. He is certainly a bad entity but also has shown the ability to love and protect someone as he has Violet.

Constance is again the driving force of the house and it seems that she at times works in concert with the house and at other times she is torn by her connection to the house.

The baby is going to be the next big thing and can take this series off in many different directions, not that it hasn't already.

This show is very well written as it allows each viewer to experience a different reaction to each episode. This is good television and thought provoking to the viewer. I hope the writers can keep up the good work in the upcoming shows. There are many avenues to explore if given the chance. I am looking forward to much more from the house, and the actors who live in it!

Old 11-10-2011, 02:20 PM

12,957 posts, read 10,255,110 times
Quote:
She actually had an easy time eating the brains presented to her.
It seemed like she was in sort of a trance while she was eating, though.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 PM

575 posts, read 164,636 times
Wouldn't it be easy for Vivian to lock her doors and keep Constance out? That would make too much sense I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV