U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:17 PM

6,457 posts, read 8,176,750 times
Default Loose ends:

I still wanted to know when and why Constance moved into and out of the murder house so many times. I had a timeline all plotted out and there are still holes in it.

I wanted to know how Constance got involved in the first place with the evil entity in the house, and how she chose to serve him/it.

I wanted to know who Constance's 4th child was. Why bother mentioning it if you're only going to show us 3 of her children? Hopefully the plan is to have it come up in a future season.

I wanted to know how Constance and Larry first got together, and did she get involved with him just to get back into the house? That's another "hole" in the history.

I wanted to know HOW Dr. Montgomery was able to get his "experiments" to work? Did he worship the devil and satan gave them life? How did his sewn-together franken-baby come alive? And Thaddaus the frankenbaby: is he dead and a ghost today, or did he live all these years, now being a 80-something year old franken-old-man?

I want to know the outcome of the life of little Michael, who is presumably the antichrist, and is he ever defeated, and how? I was hoping for a big armageddon battle of good and evil, which is what was hinted at.

Then there are all the little continuity/reality loose ends, like how did Constance convince people that this mysterious baby just turned up and is hers, especially when the neighbor's baby of the same age and gender just went missing? It might be nit-picky, but she could never get the kid medical care or enrolled in school if she didn't have a birth certificate on him. And after her other experiences, she'd want to keep truant officers, detectives, and social services out of her life. How hard would it have been to devote a few seconds to her buying fake ID for the kid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2012, 04:35 PM

13,234 posts, read 7,676,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I still wanted to know when and why Constance moved into and out of the murder house so many times. I had a timeline all plotted out and there are still holes in it.

I wanted to know how Constance got involved in the first place with the evil entity in the house, and how she chose to serve him/it.

I wanted to know who Constance's 4th child was. Why bother mentioning it if you're only going to show us 3 of her children? Hopefully the plan is to have it come up in a future season.

I wanted to know how Constance and Larry first got together, and did she get involved with him just to get back into the house? That's another "hole" in the history.

I wanted to know HOW Dr. Montgomery was able to get his "experiments" to work? Did he worship the devil and satan gave them life? How did his sewn-together franken-baby come alive? And Thaddaus the frankenbaby: is he dead and a ghost today, or did he live all these years, now being a 80-something year old franken-old-man?

I want to know the outcome of the life of little Michael, who is presumably the antichrist, and is he ever defeated, and how? I was hoping for a big armageddon battle of good and evil, which is what was hinted at.

Then there are all the little continuity/reality loose ends, like how did Constance convince people that this mysterious baby just turned up and is hers, especially when the neighbor's baby of the same age and gender just went missing? It might be nit-picky, but she could never get the kid medical care or enrolled in school if she didn't have a birth certificate on him. And after her other experiences, she'd want to keep truant officers, detectives, and social services out of her life. How hard would it have been to devote a few seconds to her buying fake ID for the kid?
So much for my "all loose ends being solved", Tracy.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:03 PM

4,033 posts, read 5,069,421 times
Quote:

I guess that's why there will be a 2nd season.

As far the continuity/reality loose ends are concerned I'd imagine we're to assume she handled it. I mean come on its Constance that woman can get away with ANYTHING. I'm sure she would not have a problem sweet talking her way into getting ahold of a fake birth certificate and social security number.

Also what tv show would even include that? When Rachel had her baby on Friends there was no episode devoted to getting Emma's social security card. When Murphy Brown had Avery there was no special immunization episode. These are just too mundane. I guess if Elaine got knocked up on Seinfeld there might've been an entire episode that takes place in the diaper aisle of the grocery store.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 PM

12,957 posts, read 10,255,110 times
Friends and Murphy Brown were sitcoms, and the babies weren't kidnapped from a crime scene.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 PM

6,457 posts, read 8,176,750 times
Right, there were detectives searching for this baby boy missing from the crime scene and presumed to be kidnapped. I don't remember that happening on Friends.

I had hoped all my loose ends would get addressed in the second season, but from the links people posted earlier, it looks like it'll be a whole new setting with a whole new story line.

Old 01-05-2012, 08:24 AM

5,740 posts, read 6,105,093 times
Quote:

I'm not sure you can really call all of these loose ends. You are really digging with these. No story ever covers anything no matter how good the writer is. If you dig deep enough, you can always find unanswered questions, especially with TV and film.

I dont think Constance is "involved" with the entity in the house. I just think she is closer than most because of her living there multiple times and loosing multiple loved ones inside of it.

Who cares who Constance's 4th child was. It obviously wasnt important or they would have covered it.

How Larry and Constance got together wasnt important or they would have covered it. She probably just got with him so she could get back into the house.

Dr. Montgomery was a nutjob and I doubt he got his experiments to work. I think it was the house that was responsible for that and I have to imagine that the baby was dead.

Getting a fake SSN and ID is not that hard. All you need is someone good in forgery and hacking and you can get that stuff fairly easily. I doubt LAPD were looking for that kid too hard especially when they think the sister has her. Do you know how big their case loads are?

I really think the only loose end that maybe should have been covered is what exactly the house is and why it has the power it does. I think maybe that will be covered in future seasons.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 AM

4,033 posts, read 5,069,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Friends and Murphy Brown were sitcoms, and the babies weren't kidnapped from a crime scene.
I used those as examples. My point was that I think we the audience are to assume she got that taken care of. She exampled the accident in Richmond as the back story so I think she handled it. As mentioned fake social security cards aren't hard to come by if one has the money and Constance never seems to be hurting for money.

Quote:
Right, there were detectives searching for this baby boy missing from the crime scene and presumed to be kidnapped. I don't remember that happening on Friends.

I had hoped all my loose ends would get addressed in the second season, but from the links people posted earlier, it looks like it'll be a whole new setting with a whole new story line.
I just named a random show. Friends was the first that came to my mind. I think the loose ends are good. That just gives us more reason to watch the second season right? Although I will admit to being kinda curious about the identity of the 4th child.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM

15,738 posts, read 16,313,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I used those as examples. My point was that I think we the audience are to assume she got that taken care of. She exampled the accident in Richmond as the back story so I think she handled it. As mentioned fake social security cards aren't hard to come by if one has the money and Constance never seems to be hurting for money.

I just named a random show. Friends was the first that came to my mind. I think the loose ends are good. That just gives us more reason to watch the second season right? Although I will admit to being kinda curious about the identity of the 4th child.
That is probably the biggest loose end for me too.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:55 PM

575 posts, read 165,440 times
What other show on tv has people this interested in so many details and what the second season will entail? A triumph for Ryan Murphy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV