Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I think 4 and 5 were better. But if she doesn't like season one she will not make it through 3. With that stupid Dana story-line. And then 4 and 5 won't mean as much.

But if she pushes on to TWO, she might get hooked enough to bear 3 and get to the rest,,,,,and 3 has some great parts but everyone I know complained about the Dana story-line ......
If you don't want Season 4 details, don't read this:

Spoiler
I think Season 4 is the best season of Homeland because it didn't use a lot of episodes building up to the action/suspense. The first episode starts with a drone strike on a wedding and the Pakistan Station Chief being killed by a mob. You can't ask for a bigger "bang" beginning in a single hour than that. The takeover of the embassy, the attack on the way to the embassy and add that to Saul's capture, the deceitful hubby, the hostage switch, the death of two "nice" characters and a third nice one off screen due to real life circumstances...just best season ever. Not to mention that extremely handsome Aasar Khan. Have been wishing Pakistan starts up something so the show can go "back there" in the story, just to see him again. Not a single dull hour in Season 4.

Not a Brody fan so I wasn't that upset as to how S3 played out and his oldest kid, really not a fan...but did that baby actor look like Brody or what? But, aside from all of the great Season 4 action, the Season 2 last episode was a WOWZA! How can you not love this show?

Season 3 - least favorite season. Big comedown from Season 2.

First seasons of any show usually have first episode problems because they make pilots to appeal to the people who have to make a decision whether to pick up the show instead of us.

My favorites:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 5
Season 1
Season 6 so far (could move up...not caring for story on US turf and the miscalculation of a female president)
Season 3

Now I have a question...I have been wracking my brain trying to remember how Virgil departed the story line of the show. How did Max get to Pakistan but not Virgil? Can anyone refresh my memory even if it was just explaining away his absence? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 04:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you don't want Season 4 details, don't read this:

Spoiler
I think Season 4 is the best season of Homeland because it didn't use a lot of episodes building up to the action/suspense. The first episode starts with a drone strike on a wedding and the Pakistan Station Chief being killed by a mob. You can't ask for a bigger "bang" beginning in a single hour than that. The takeover of the embassy, the attack on the way to the embassy and add that to Saul's capture, the deceitful hubby, the hostage switch, the death of two "nice" characters and a third nice one off screen due to real life circumstances...just best season ever. Not to mention that extremely handsome Aasar Khan. Have been wishing Pakistan starts up something so the show can go "back there" in the story, just to see him again. Not a single dull hour in Season 4.

Not a Brody fan so I wasn't that upset as to how S3 played out and his oldest kid, really not a fan...but did that baby actor look like Brody or what? But, aside from all of the great Season 4 action, the Season 2 last episode was a WOWZA! How can you not love this show?

Season 3 - least favorite season. Big comedown from Season 2.

First seasons of any show usually have first episode problems because they make pilots to appeal to the people who have to make a decision whether to pick up the show instead of us.

My favorites:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 5
Season 1
Season 6 so far (could move up...not caring for story on US turf and the miscalculation of a female president)
Season 3

Now I have a question...I have been wracking my brain trying to remember how Virgil departed the story line of the show. How did Max get to Pakistan but not Virgil? Can anyone refresh my memory even if it was just explaining away his absence? Thanks in advance.

Well,, hm. I don't remember the last time I saw Virgil .........

Old 04-02-2017, 12:21 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,204 times
Quote:
Yeah they are messing up my frugal plans with so many good shows. I like Shameless, The Affair, Homeland, Ray Donovan, and PDF is making me watch Billions.

But, I decided I can go w/o netflix the months I have showtime.

YES TO THE AFFAIR!!!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Well,, hm. I don't remember the last time I saw Virgil .........
I don't remember either but he was a regular on the first season of Shooter. Probably got too busy for Homeland. Or he just wasn't needed. I liked Virgil but Max has always been interesting.

I remember that one scene from season 3 when they were in a safe house surveilling Javadi.

Max: "Sorry I'm late, my taxi got lost."

Quinn (all serious): "You took a taxi to a CIA safe house?"

Max: "It was a joke."

Old 04-03-2017, 08:15 AM
PDF

This is going to be some awesome finale. As I mentioned, we are getting an explosive one instead of the penultimate episode being the climax like in the last few seasons. Vintage Homeland!

Old 04-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Last night's beginning tore me up. Although I think it was Saul who pushed to do that to Quinn, Carrie didn't try and say no. I remember yelling 'Quinn would NEVER do this to you! He tried to crawl off and DIE for you!

And she did end up solving the problem w/o him. And poor guy feels like he killed Astrid :-(

Great episode all the way around. I like how Max I guess is saved because Dar needs him? Hopefully?

The part with the PE against the bot guy was cool! I hate that guy. So looking forward to the finale!

Old 04-04-2017, 12:43 PM
PDF

Some theories: Saul getting promoted? Carrie back at the CIA next season? Of course, the finale could change all of that...but that seems to be where things are headed. Especially with the show going back abroad for the final 2 seasons.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:10 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I was confused during the Dar and Max scene. Is Dar using Max to figure out what the Bot guy is doing behind the scenes with a fake Quinn website?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I was confused during the Dar and Max scene. Is Dar using Max to figure out what the Bot guy is doing behind the scenes with a fake Quinn website?
Yup.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yup.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:23 PM

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yup.
lol, jinx!

Old 04-07-2017, 05:56 PM
PDF

Quote:
lol, jinx!
Lol, cute.

It's Friday! Homeland finale is on Sunday! But that means I'll only have one hour of TV on Sunday nights for the next few weeks now.

Old 04-07-2017, 06:37 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,021,349 times
How can they pin it on Quinn when there's proof he was hospitalized for some of the posts? Pretty unbelievable.

Old 04-08-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
How can they pin it on Quinn when there's proof he was hospitalized for some of the posts? Pretty unbelievable.
Because the truth gets lost in media blitzes. That is an aspect of this season that I love.

IRL right now we are being blitzed with some things that are not true ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but good luck trying to get anyone off what they saw on CNN or FOX or whatever.

Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM
PDF

Tonight should be very interesting!

Old 04-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Tonight should be very interesting!
And have a cliff-hanger to make us crazy ........

Old 04-10-2017, 12:07 AM

That was horrible. Wish I'd known this season was a long goodbye to Quinn. He died saving Carrie as he has tried to do before. So that part is good. But I think bringing him back to life for only one season was rather unfair.

I knew with the first bullet, if not sooner, that he was dead, really dead this time. He's not a super-hero ........... but damn that sucked.

I didn't even care what they showed after that. Though they did a good job - hooking me at the end wondering what's up with the President.

She seemed to have a very odd face on when she offered Carrie that job and asked her to read that 'whatever' (watching again).

Like it was part of an evil plot.

Quinn died saving an evil lady? That is not cool. It will take me a while next year to even care about this show with evil writers!

I love you, Quinn! I memorized your face as you analysed what to do when you got them out into the street. Like I can't see it on video anytime I want, lol.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:24 AM
PDF

So sad that Quinn died! But what a great finale. Loved it. Also, that final shot of Carrie looking at the Capitol building? Exactly the same as when Brody did so at the end of the pilot. Nice touch.

They really just put things in motion for the final two seasons...I can't help but think Keane comes back. Also, Dar wasn't the big bad we thought he was.

Two more seasons!

Old 04-10-2017, 01:51 PM

4,789 posts, read 10,610,355 times
Quite a leap from the series of complicated/intertwined events and characters in the past few programs, to the new Prez in near isolation and casts of dozens being rounded up and 'detained'/jailed.

Good ending visual. I suspect Carrie will be back in the full thick of things next season, and the situ won't be fun for her.

Art imitates life, sort of, in this recently completed season.
GL, mD

Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
So sad that Quinn died! But what a great finale. Loved it. Also, that final shot of Carrie looking at the Capitol building? Exactly the same as when Brody did so at the end of the pilot. Nice touch.

They really just put things in motion for the final two seasons...I can't help but think Keane comes back. Also, Dar wasn't the big bad we thought he was.

Two more seasons!
I think next season will be very much about Keane. Dar was bad, but not so bad he wanted the PE to die. I thought it was cool that he helped save her.

Yes, it was great I just ..... wasn't ready for Quinn to die. Again.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:13 PM

Advertisements

I want to know how deep the plot went. I watched the very end of episode 10 to see Carrie's wall and it said 'who was the NSA agent that got her the tape? (from way early in the season).

I guess keane was keeping her busy reading that Pentagon report/plan. And the job offer was NOT real. !

Old 04-10-2017, 08:48 PM

858 posts, read 707,680 times
I thought this season was great. For some reason, the ending made me think of the military oath below.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic

So where is Homeland going with Keane? Art imitates Life and I think they are going to make her into a Trump parallel. We already know that since she got elected, they expanded the Patriot Act and she just arrested all the intelligent agency heads. I'm sure next season will do something with O'Keefe and a general attack on free Press in response to the ad about her son. Attacking domestic intelligence and free press are right down Trump's game plan. I think next season will bring that all together to highlight what values we want as a country. What may seem 'right' would just make us no better than these countries that we fight against.

so what do they do with this next season? Maybe this is where that 'foreign or domestic' comes in. Maybe Keane cracks and with her newly instilled intelligence and military heads, they start attacking and targeting domestic press and anything against Keane in general. Maybe it becomes martial law and drone attacks against US which Carrie has to stop.

I'm probably way off but it's the first thing I thought of

Old 04-11-2017, 10:21 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
I thought this season was great. For some reason, the ending made me think of the military oath below.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic

So where is Homeland going with Keane? Art imitates Life and I think they are going to make her into a Trump parallel. We already know that since she got elected, they expanded the Patriot Act and she just arrested all the intelligent agency heads. I'm sure next season will do something with O'Keefe and a general attack on free Press in response to the ad about her son. Attacking domestic intelligence and free press are right down Trump's game plan. I think next season will bring that all together to highlight what values we want as a country. What may seem 'right' would just make us no better than these countries that we fight against.

so what do they do with this next season? Maybe this is where that 'foreign or domestic' comes in. Maybe Keane cracks and with her newly instilled intelligence and military heads, they start attacking and targeting domestic press and anything against Keane in general. Maybe it becomes martial law and drone attacks against US which Carrie has to stop.

I'm probably way off but it's the first thing I thought of
The writers don't even know. Not until they do their annual meeting in DC. But a few guesses based off the finale and the interviews that Alex Gansa gave recently...Keane will be back, the show will be back abroad, and Carrie will be working intelligence in some fashion. Gansa said his goal is to be able to link the final two seasons, as in start a story that begins in season 7 and finishes up in season 8. I'd like to see that come to fruition.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:22 AM
PDF

Quote:
I want to know how deep the plot went. I watched the very end of episode 10 to see Carrie's wall and it said 'who was the NSA agent that got her the tape? (from way early in the season).

I guess keane was keeping her busy reading that Pentagon report/plan. And the job offer was NOT real. !
One thing I liked about this season is that we don't know all the answers. None of it was spelled out. There are certainly many questions. I guess we as viewers were meant to feel like Keane did at the end. How far did this conspiracy go?

Old 04-11-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
One thing I liked about this season is that we don't know all the answers. None of it was spelled out. There are certainly many questions. I guess we as viewers were meant to feel like Keane did at the end. How far did this conspiracy go?
She knows Carrie and Saul weren't in it though. Arresting Saul and playing that trick on Carrie was wrong. Carrie did nothing but save her life and help her in other ways. Even Dar should maybe get some sort of reduced sentence for saving her life.

Carrie would have gotten in the car with Keane and they'd have been blown up if not for him.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 PM
PDF

Quote:
She knows Carrie and Saul weren't in it though. Arresting Saul and playing that trick on Carrie was wrong. Carrie did nothing but save her life and help her in other ways. Even Dar should maybe get some sort of reduced sentence for saving her life.

Carrie would have gotten in the car with Keane and they'd have been blown up if not for him.
I don't think we've seen the last of Dar. At least I hope not. He was obviously passing a cryptic message to Saul.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
I don't think we've seen the last of Dar. At least I hope not. He was obviously passing a cryptic message to Saul.
They might NEED Dar. Apparently he was right about this lady ........

Old 04-11-2017, 01:45 PM

Anyway, great season. I guess Quinn couldn't go on forever like he was. Hard to continue a plot line for him. I just hated watching him die, but i'm glad we got him for another season. And it was a 'good death' as some say.

I liked seeing him take control. And Carrie obeying. 'Just do what I say'. I think she knew he was taking himself out to save them. Her lip did that thing when she's sad.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:47 PM
PDF

Quote:
Anyway, great season. I guess Quinn couldn't go on forever like he was. Hard to continue a plot line for him. I just hated watching him die, but i'm glad we got him for another season. And it was a 'good death' as some say.

I liked seeing him take control. And Carrie obeying. 'Just do what I say'. I think she knew he was taking himself out to save them. Her lip did that thing when she's sad.
His death did make me cry. Loved his character. And yup, Carrie knows when to listen.

Old 04-11-2017, 01:50 PM
PDF

Quote:
They might NEED Dar. Apparently he was right about this lady ........
There's something off about her! Yup, there sure was. By the way, if this is the last we see of Dar, which I doubt...but if it is, then I think it's only fitting that Dar and Quinn exited the show together. We first met Dar through Quinn, so it makes sense that their stories end together. I know Dar isn't dead, but just saying.

Still, I'd like to see him back. F. Murray Abraham played Dar very well. Like, he's someone you could actually believe being an old spy in the CIA and doing all those covert missions back in the day. Same with Mandy Patinkin and Saul.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:53 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

I thought the finale was awful. After Quinn died, the photos seemed like a writer's afterthought. No funeral, no nothing. They treated him like some 1 season character.

Homeland was written and filmed before the Presidential election wasn't it? They obviously thought Clinton was going to be the President.

Maybe I missed it but what does anything have to do with killing the Muslim kid in the beginning. How many early on episodes were spent on that story line? Why did anyone want him blown up?

You mean to tell me the president's vehicle isn't bulletproof?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:02 PM

5,740 posts, read 4,697,306 times
Of course the presidential vehicles are bulletproof. The windows can't withstand extended machine gun fire, from 20+ men, indefinitely. That's why only 1 or 2 rounds entered the vehicle, even though hundreds or thousands even, were fired.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:41 PM
PDF

Quote:
I thought the finale was awful. After Quinn died, the photos seemed like a writer's afterthought. No funeral, no nothing. They treated him like some 1 season character.
I refer you to the season 3 finale. I thought it was wonderfully done. The whole episode was never going to be a complete tribute to Quinn.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,068,392 times
Just binge watched the entire season over 2 days. This works best for me with a show like this because I dont retain some things from week to week viewing. And you guys are really on your game here answering many questions I had while watching. I absolutely loved this season and was so happy to see Carrie back in the fray but my god watching Quinn trying to deal with his situation was gut wrenching. When he yelled at Carrie "you did this to me!"....tears, tears, tears. I wasnt as attached to Quinn like most of you but boy his death really stung even though I knew he was headed toward that end. The actor who plays him deserves an Emmy nom if not the Emmy itself. Beautiful work. Glad to see more of Max this season! I've always had a crush on the character (still do). Glad they are wrapping up the series with two more seasons. Go out on a high note.

Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Do we know who Keane's Vice President is?
I must have missed it.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:

Homeland was written and filmed before the Presidential election wasn't it? They obviously thought Clinton was going to be the President.

Maybe I missed it but what does anything have to do with killing the Muslim kid in the beginning. How many early on episodes were spent on that story line? Why did anyone want him blown up?

You mean to tell me the president's vehicle isn't bulletproof?
They already memorialized him when they meant him to die end of season 5.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Just binge watched the entire season over 2 days. This works best for me with a show like this because I dont retain some things from week to week viewing. And you guys are really on your game here answering many questions I had while watching. I absolutely loved this season and was so happy to see Carrie back in the fray but my god watching Quinn trying to deal with his situation was gut wrenching. When he yelled at Carrie "you did this to me!"....tears, tears, tears. I wasnt as attached to Quinn like most of you but boy his death really stung even though I knew he was headed toward that end. The actor who plays him deserves an Emmy nom if not the Emmy itself. Beautiful work. Glad to see more of Max this season! I've always had a crush on the character (still do). Glad they are wrapping up the series with two more seasons. Go out on a high note.
That scene was gut-wrenching. Moreso than him dying in a way, it was very well-done, and yes he is a great actor.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:18 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
Quote:
Do we know who Keane's Vice President is?
I must have missed it.
I don't believe they ever did.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:59 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHyboMUdzhc

Old 04-12-2017, 07:18 PM
PDF

Quote:
I watched that! Very well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV