Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 09:44 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times

Advertisements

Mandy revealed in an interview that he shaved his beard right after they shot the last episode. He said in the interview that this should not be interpreted as him leaving the show, and that he will be back next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
I, too, can't stop thinking about the show last night! I kept holding out hope that somehow Brody would be saved but the way it was headed, we soon knew he wouldn't. I didn't expect the "Four Months Later" jump...Carrie seemed so weird with that asshat, Lockhart. Something has got to give there...it's only when she was home talking with her father and sister that the real sadness showed and I saw "her" again.

I wasn't used to this kind of finale...as we know, many season finales end with some big reveal, or some new conflict to be revealed after you've patiently waited all year...and this did seem like a series finale instead of a season finale. However, we've had so much tension and running and craziness, I'm ok with it ending a little quieter. Brody's death was enough to comprehend all by itself. Not tempting us with a big plot twist...I think they'll save that for the next opener.

Just had a thought...Mandy Patinken is known for starting in a show, finding HUGE success (and the fans love him) but then he quits the show a couple of years into it. That's not happening this time, is it? I truly hope not because he's so dang talented...I feel lucky that he found an awesome show where we can watch...anyway, now we wait. Drat... I'm bummed!
I saw Mandy live in concert in Dallas about 15 years ago. I was crazy about him long before that, though. He is exceptional at everything he does. I still remember his singing "Sam, You Made The Pants Too Long" which, if memory serves me, was written by Milton Berle. I also saw him on Broadway as "Che" in Evita. The man is mesmerizing. He was on a morning talk show a couple of weeks ago and the host was trying to get him to spill the beans about Homeland. Mandy just grinned. I think he has found a niche he is very comfortable in with Homeland. Let's hope he never leaves. I simply love the man.

He'll be back. Lockhart is going to go but I, obviously, don't know when or how but Saul will be back.

OMG! I just realized that Carrie's little girl will be Dana's half-sister. Please, please, please.....I don't want to see that family again.

Your mention of Carrie and her sis and father is right on. That scene really did allow us to see the angst that only Claire Danes can portray. She has mad acting skills.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 AM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I saw Mandy live in concert in Dallas about 15 years ago. I was crazy about him long before that, though. He is exceptional at everything he does. I still remember his singing "Sam, You Made The Pants Too Long" which, if memory serves me, was written by Milton Berle. I also saw him on Broadway as "Che" in Evita. The man is mesmerizing. He was on a morning talk show a couple of weeks ago and the host was trying to get him to spill the beans about Homeland. Mandy just grinned. I think he has found a niche he is very comfortable in with Homeland. Let's hope he never leaves. I simply love the man.

He'll be back. Lockhart is going to go but I, obviously, don't know when or how but Saul will be back.

OMG! I just realized that Carrie's little girl will be Dana's half-sister. Please, please, please.....I don't want to see that family again.

Your mention of Carrie and her sis and father is right on. That scene really did allow us to see the angst that only Claire Danes can portray. She has mad acting skills.
OK, where do I start?

LOVE Mandy...saw Evita but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mandy/Patti...it was the early 80's though...still have the original soundtrack and mostly remember all of the words. And even though the movie was ok, I loved him in Dick Tracy and also have that soundtrack. Yep, I've been a fan for quite some time!

I feel "sort of" confident he'll replace Lockhart...I mean really...that guy doesn't seem qualified to run the CIA. No clue...so one can hope but how and when? Yep, I just don't know. I want to see Quinn again...he's so in love with Carrie and didn't judge her for being pregnant. I hope he has an active role next time.

I found myself really hating Dana at the end...she became really annoying. I can't imagine her position but when her father came to her and tried to have a conversation, she was a little B! I've never been so mad at my dad that I couldn't be forgiving or loving...of course, he's not a suspected terrorist but still...

And yes, Claire does have mad acting skills. One of my favorite things about an actor is when they can convey volumes of emotion and capacity without saying a word. She's so expressive and I feel like I just get her. She does a marvelous job.

Oh the wait...

Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,653,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
This was just the final episode of season 3. They will be back.
They might be back but I sure won't be.
Words cannot describe how I feel about the writers and what they have done to this once great show.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:46 AM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
I really can't stand Carrie in the role....which is strange, b/c I enjoy the show emensely. It's weird to not like the main character. But I can't help but think that in real life, all this overacting and crazy decisions would make her the worst CIA agent in the history of the CIA. Even when her and Brody was captured, she was willing to sacrifice the entire operation, saying she was in with Javadi? Not to mention all the other operations she would have destroyed b/c of her lunacy.

They didn't have a choice with Brody....if he made it out even before he was finally captured, they would have had nothing to do with him. He obviously couldn't come back to the states. And once javadi captured him, if saul or carrie tried some rescue, it would have just been too unbelievable.

I am very excited for next season, as the show can go anywhere. Domestic, international, mole, anything. I just hope it doesn't too overwhelmingly become the Carrie show.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:15 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
They might be back but I sure won't be.
Words cannot describe how I feel about the writers and what they have done to this once great show.
I feel exactly the same way. It's not going to be worth tuning in when Brody is dead. That connection was the whole show in my opinion. The writers sure goofed big time. I loved it once but no more.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:22 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,479,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I kept waiting until the end for some kind of trick or plot twist--that Brody's death was somehow faked. I guess not--of course it was the logical thing for him to die, but it was still a shocking realization that this is the way his story ends (probably).
Me too. OMG! I kept waiting for someone to cut the rope. The show should end without Brody.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:01 PM

669 posts, read 914,747 times
These comments by this one guy from the site below pretty much sums up my feelings on the finale:

'Homeland' Showrunner Alex Gansa on the Brody Decision, Season 4 and Clean Slates

Quote:
Big mistake if you think Carrie and Saul can carry the show. WOW. Showtime is leaving a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths -- Dexter, now Homeland. Brody and Carrie together, on screen, was almost magical. You wanted to watch them because you didnt know what would happen next -- I dont really even care for the character Saul on the show -- If you think that relationship is going to hold the show together --- good luck with that one. No Emmy nominations next year -- I guarantee it!
Quote:
Re-reading this again and I cannot believe how wrong the "Showrunner" is -- the only reason people watched it this year without Brody is because we didnt know when Brody would appear. I hated, and the people I know that watch it, also hated the Brody only, Carrie only episodes. Wow, you think that was a test case for a story line next year? Surprise -- I already cancelled Showtime today so I'm done.
I agree with that guy wholeheartedly. I really can't see this show attracting me like it used to from here on out. It may still get nominated for some emmys though, but that still makes absolutely no difference to me.

Last edited by yyuusr; 12-16-2013 at 07:20 PM..

Old 12-16-2013, 08:53 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
I didn't expect a happy ending for Brody. I liked the twist, however I agree the chemistry with Brody and Carrie was a wonderful draw to the show. The season finale seemed more of a wrap up and final show.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I didn't expect a happy ending for Brody. I liked the twist, however I agree the chemistry with Brody and Carrie was a wonderful draw to the show. The season finale seemed more of a wrap up and final show.

I agree 100%. Brody seemed to know deep down that he would not be coming back. It was an emotional and strong finish, And despite being a fan I think one season is pushing it. My only guess is Carrie's new mission and having to raise a child along with it if she decides to keep him or her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV