Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 07:05 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
OK the week's almost over and no one's shocked about Dar Adal riding with Haqqani? I guess no one was shocked considering how the CIA is portrayed in so many movies and TV shows. There's some under the table play going on that we don't know about yet. This weekend's finale is gonna be GOOD. Major kudos to the writers. Looks like Claire better make space on her mantle or buy a display cabinet. I see another emmy in her future.
Well I just watched it last night, and OF COURSE I am shocked. I am pretty sure everyone was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 05:24 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,734,569 times
Dar Adal could be playing double agent on Haqqani, so we don't really know what's going to happen. Either he is in on it or he is setting up Haqqani himself. In either case, I look forward to a great season finale.

Old 12-19-2014, 07:28 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,078,069 times
Just saw Rupert (?) who plays Quinn on CBS This morning. He has a really strong British accent. Always cracks me up to hear these British actors go back to their native accent after playing Americans. He was really funny and charming.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:20 PM
MJ7

A slow finale, but setup perfectly for the next season.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 PM

Lord I hope they don't kill off Quinn. I want him and Carrie to live happily ever after. And they surely did cast that baby perfectly...red hair and all.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 PM
MJ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Lord I hope they don't kill off Quinn. I want him and Carrie to live happily ever after. And they surely did cast that baby perfectly...red hair and all.
I think he will make it, but there will probably be some issues that arise from him getting out, he's too much of a main character to just kill him off in a mission like that, not unless they bring in some new leads. Carrie isn't done with the CIA just yet, now that Saul is ready to forfeit his belief system with Carrie (she didn't look happy about him turning his back on those US troops) she will fight back, the only bad part: we have to wait until next year.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:57 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
A slow finale, but setup perfectly for the next season.
Very slow. Doesn't change the fact that this was a great season. The best season since season 1.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 AM

The actor who played her father died only very recently. I'm thinking they incorporated his death and that story line about her mother very soon after his death and probably was not originally planned. The father was pretty important to Carrie's story line so they had to address it someway and soon.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,060,189 times
I thought the finale was awful. Everything looked like they made it up as they went along. Carrie's mother? She was a drag on the whole scene. Looked like they brought her in off the street for the show. And the way that Carrie manhandles that baby needs to be discussed. She carries her around like a sack of potatoes. Carrie and Quinn? Ugh. They have chemistry but it was better left to the imagination. Very disappointed.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:03 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,232,679 times
Ok, I just finished pissing in The Affair thread, now it's Homeland's turn. SHO is on a roll. Downhill.

Disappointing finale. While they didn't have to end with a knuckle-whitening thriller (like the last 3-4 episodes have been), I did expect more than this snoozer.

The entire story with her mom was out of place. We've never seen her or even had a reference to her, and now they spend half the finale on her? Sorry, but this is the wrong episode to introduce her. I get that they wanted to pay tribute to James Rebhorn, but introducing a previously unseen ex-wife ain't the way to do it. Maybe they want to still have a parent presence next year, but again... this wasn't the time or place.

I thought the idea of Saul wanting to return to head up the CIA was farfetched. One, it seems out of character for a guy who really wanted out of the game just a few eps ago. Also, if a CIA head was kidnapped, then returned, could you trust him? What if he was turned or brainwashed? It seems (again) farfetched to think a recently kidnapped CIA chief would get his position back. And the video he's afraid of? Now Haqqani can hold it over his head, any time he wants. Oh, the only copy was destroyed. Suuuure.

Oddly, the baby & sister scenes were pretty good, and they often aren't. And the reason for Dar Adal's involvement actually seemed believable, so I can buy that. Although I still don't trust him.

Was anyone else waiting for Quinn's car to blow up when he drove off? That wouldn't have been out of place for this show!

There is little that could drive me away from watching this show. I will be back next year, waiting to see what insanities arise from our heroine's mind. But this was not a way to make count down the days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV