Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 08:22 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times

Advertisements

Dar Adel said that Quinn listed Carrie as his beneficiary. The letter was probably a part of his file in that regard. Nothing was said about what Quinn would have left her. Possibly just insurance $.

It looked like Carrie was about to help him "avoid a fate worse than death", but it cut away before that. Anything could happen now. We could start next season with them in the same position and he wakes up just in time. I hope this is the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 08:55 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,143,947 times
I thought the finale was too anti-climactic. Thwarting the terrorist attack seemed way too easy. Carrie just runs into the tunnel and shoots the guy and everyone is safe. I think they could have made that entire scene much more suspenseful.

When Saul's team ambushed Allison's car in the woods, I thought for sure they would open up the trunk to find Allison missing again. I know the show was renewed for another season but the way everything ended it seemed like they were wrapping up the series.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:22 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Dear Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa, Executive Producers: I forgave you trespasses on The X-Files, but I cannot forgive you killing Peter Quinn. Period.

Old 12-21-2015, 06:11 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Homeland ends to step it up with the ending of the finales. This is the second season that the finale has been bland. I enjoyed the finale overall. I hope Quinn makes it .He has a good story line.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:30 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
I want Quinn to live but I think it's too unrealistic. Dr. said IF he woke up, he's have serious brain damage. He wouldn't want to live that way. Too miraculous to wake up and be fine. Or recover his brain function fully which is the only way he should live.

It's another death on Carrie's head, even though Saul would have woken him up even over her objections if she had objected.

Damn them. I always like Quinn but especially this season - although him crawling off to die for her never made sense to me.

Why he couldn't be found in hospital or morgue made no sense to me.

The bad guys knew he wasn't dead anyway.

That seemed a little extra melodramatic. Although it was funny when her bf said 'I'd never be in this position' and Quinn laughed and said you already are!

He had a LOT of great scenes and great lines. I liked the season he was a bit crazy.

And I liked Dar telling Carrie about how they found him - made Quinn's statement 'they will never let us go' more meaningful.

He of all people would know that.

I want them to run away together but I know that would mean no show, lol.

I just think she is nuts to miss out on a man like that.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:45 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,146 times
So Carrie managed to kill off another man in her life. She's just a breeding ground for pain.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:03 AM

777 posts, read 1,336,613 times
I felt like this finale was a "just in case we get cancelled finale." Because the show wasn't even renewed until the 9th. That's all I can say about it. Because it definitely left me hanging like this is over; instead of excited for the new season.

Old 12-22-2015, 11:45 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
I felt like this finale was a "just in case we get cancelled finale." Because the show wasn't even renewed until the 9th. That's all I can say about it. Because it definitely left me hanging like this is over; instead of excited for the new season.
Completely agree.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaundercover View Post
That has nothing to do with it. Homeland was never in any danger of getting cancelled.

Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,414,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Homeland ends to step it up with the ending of the finales. This is the second season that the finale has been bland. I enjoyed the finale overall. I hope Quinn makes it .He has a good story line.
I think both the season 4 and 5 finales were absolutely brilliant. Many people hated on last year's finale because it wasn't what they expected, and it appears the same is happening with the season 5 finale.

This is the new normal, I think. The penultimate episode now serves as the real "finale", while the 12th episode deals with the aftermath of things. With a 12-episode season, that kind of makes sense...and I don't mind.

Gone are the days of the explosive finales, such as season 1 and 2. Even the second half of season 3's finale was spent dealing with the aftermath. I had mixed feelings on the season 4 finale when it aired, but looking back on it now, it was a damn good finale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV