Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 11:30 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I think 4 and 5 were better. But if she doesn't like season one she will not make it through 3. With that stupid Dana story-line. And then 4 and 5 won't mean as much.

But if she pushes on to TWO, she might get hooked enough to bear 3 and get to the rest,,,,,and 3 has some great parts but everyone I know complained about the Dana story-line ......
If you don't want Season 4 details, don't read this:

Spoiler
I think Season 4 is the best season of Homeland because it didn't use a lot of episodes building up to the action/suspense. The first episode starts with a drone strike on a wedding and the Pakistan Station Chief being killed by a mob. You can't ask for a bigger "bang" beginning in a single hour than that. The takeover of the embassy, the attack on the way to the embassy and add that to Saul's capture, the deceitful hubby, the hostage switch, the death of two "nice" characters and a third nice one off screen due to real life circumstances...just best season ever. Not to mention that extremely handsome Aasar Khan. Have been wishing Pakistan starts up something so the show can go "back there" in the story, just to see him again. Not a single dull hour in Season 4.

Not a Brody fan so I wasn't that upset as to how S3 played out and his oldest kid, really not a fan...but did that baby actor look like Brody or what? But, aside from all of the great Season 4 action, the Season 2 last episode was a WOWZA! How can you not love this show?

Season 3 - least favorite season. Big comedown from Season 2.

First seasons of any show usually have first episode problems because they make pilots to appeal to the people who have to make a decision whether to pick up the show instead of us.

My favorites:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 5
Season 1
Season 6 so far (could move up...not caring for story on US turf and the miscalculation of a female president)
Season 3

Now I have a question...I have been wracking my brain trying to remember how Virgil departed the story line of the show. How did Max get to Pakistan but not Virgil? Can anyone refresh my memory even if it was just explaining away his absence? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2017, 04:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,562,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you don't want Season 4 details, don't read this:

Spoiler
I think Season 4 is the best season of Homeland because it didn't use a lot of episodes building up to the action/suspense. The first episode starts with a drone strike on a wedding and the Pakistan Station Chief being killed by a mob. You can't ask for a bigger "bang" beginning in a single hour than that. The takeover of the embassy, the attack on the way to the embassy and add that to Saul's capture, the deceitful hubby, the hostage switch, the death of two "nice" characters and a third nice one off screen due to real life circumstances...just best season ever. Not to mention that extremely handsome Aasar Khan. Have been wishing Pakistan starts up something so the show can go "back there" in the story, just to see him again. Not a single dull hour in Season 4.

Not a Brody fan so I wasn't that upset as to how S3 played out and his oldest kid, really not a fan...but did that baby actor look like Brody or what? But, aside from all of the great Season 4 action, the Season 2 last episode was a WOWZA! How can you not love this show?

Season 3 - least favorite season. Big comedown from Season 2.

First seasons of any show usually have first episode problems because they make pilots to appeal to the people who have to make a decision whether to pick up the show instead of us.

My favorites:

Season 4
Season 2
Season 5
Season 1
Season 6 so far (could move up...not caring for story on US turf and the miscalculation of a female president)
Season 3

Now I have a question...I have been wracking my brain trying to remember how Virgil departed the story line of the show. How did Max get to Pakistan but not Virgil? Can anyone refresh my memory even if it was just explaining away his absence? Thanks in advance.

Well,, hm. I don't remember the last time I saw Virgil .........

Old 04-02-2017, 12:21 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,204 times
Quote:
Yeah they are messing up my frugal plans with so many good shows. I like Shameless, The Affair, Homeland, Ray Donovan, and PDF is making me watch Billions.

But, I decided I can go w/o netflix the months I have showtime.

YES TO THE AFFAIR!!!

Old 04-02-2017, 07:26 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times
Quote:
Well,, hm. I don't remember the last time I saw Virgil .........
I don't remember either but he was a regular on the first season of Shooter. Probably got too busy for Homeland. Or he just wasn't needed. I liked Virgil but Max has always been interesting.

I remember that one scene from season 3 when they were in a safe house surveilling Javadi.

Max: "Sorry I'm late, my taxi got lost."

Quinn (all serious): "You took a taxi to a CIA safe house?"

Max: "It was a joke."

Old 04-03-2017, 08:15 AM
PDF

This is going to be some awesome finale. As I mentioned, we are getting an explosive one instead of the penultimate episode being the climax like in the last few seasons. Vintage Homeland!

Old 04-03-2017, 03:31 PM

Last night's beginning tore me up. Although I think it was Saul who pushed to do that to Quinn, Carrie didn't try and say no. I remember yelling 'Quinn would NEVER do this to you! He tried to crawl off and DIE for you!

And she did end up solving the problem w/o him. And poor guy feels like he killed Astrid :-(

Great episode all the way around. I like how Max I guess is saved because Dar needs him? Hopefully?

The part with the PE against the bot guy was cool! I hate that guy. So looking forward to the finale!

Old 04-04-2017, 12:43 PM
PDF

Some theories: Saul getting promoted? Carrie back at the CIA next season? Of course, the finale could change all of that...but that seems to be where things are headed. Especially with the show going back abroad for the final 2 seasons.

Old 04-05-2017, 05:10 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
I was confused during the Dar and Max scene. Is Dar using Max to figure out what the Bot guy is doing behind the scenes with a fake Quinn website?

Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 AM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I was confused during the Dar and Max scene. Is Dar using Max to figure out what the Bot guy is doing behind the scenes with a fake Quinn website?
Yup.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV