Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:14 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,401,299 times

Advertisements

I have to ask - what was with Snow White's wedding dress? It looked like a duck exploded on her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:52 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,350,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Maybe that's why I liked it, I'm getting old enough to have my "2nd childhood"!
Lol possibly.

I can see why it would appeal to those who don't have young children. But I already spend time each week watching Disney movies and cartoons, when I finally get to watch TV for me I've had my fill of "fluff" lol. When I finally watch shows I want too I want a bit more substance. I don't watch any of the cop/medical shows (unless Justified counts, but no CSI, Hawaii 5-0, L&O, etc.).

But maybe next week they'll get into more adult themes and it will improve? I'm still going to give it a chance because I really do want to like it.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,084,071 times
I liked it.

Emma looks a a few years older than 28. Before the show gave her age, I thought she was in her early thirties.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,159,085 times
I was hoping I'd like this show, but sadly it's just not for me. Maybe if I were 12 again, but again and double sadly, that's not going to happen! Maybe Grimm is more my speed... we'll see!

Old 10-24-2011, 01:29 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,360,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I can see why it would appeal to those who don't have young children. But I already spend time each week watching Disney movies and cartoons, when I finally get to watch TV for me I've had my fill of "fluff" lol. When I finally watch shows I want too I want a bit more substance.
I bet you're right! I don't have any kids, so for me the over-arching plot was just a cute little bit of nostalgia - and I found the main characters and mystery interesting - so I liked the show.

But if I had kids? And was exposed to that stuff daily? I might not find it so charmingly nostalgic!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:55 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,361,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I bet you're right! I don't have any kids, so for me the over-arching plot was just a cute little bit of nostalgia - and I found the main characters and mystery interesting - so I liked the show.

But if I had kids? And was exposed to that stuff daily? I might not find it so charmingly nostalgic!
Absolutely me too! I chuckeled at the memories of childhood fairy tale characters.

I like it because it is fluff.

But saying that I have to comment I think the mean queen is more beautiful that Snow White. Especially modern Snow White with that unflattering haircut.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,641,494 times
I'm with Minervah and the others who are enjoying it. The reason I threw my TV out over 10 years ago is partly because of the road television has traveled down. (If I wanted sex, violence and vulgar language, I'd watch the news.) But, it's because of the direction that television has taken that I can understand why some people might feel this show is too juvenile or childish. Most family-friendly shows have been replaced and become too tame for many people. Just my thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

I like it because it is fluff.

But saying that I have to comment I think the mean queen is more beautiful that Snow White. Especially modern Snow White with that unflattering haircut.
I agree with this! Can you see now why it took me a few minutes to figure out that the teacher was Snow White?

I think I'll re-watch the episode. Knowing what I know now, it'll be interesting to see if I pick up on things I may have missed the first time around.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:11 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
I was hoping I'd like this show, but sadly it's just not for me. Maybe if I were 12 again, but again and double sadly, that's not going to happen! Maybe Grimm is more my speed... we'll see!
I watched the first 20 minutes of Grimm on NBC.com. It was definitely a lot more dark than Once Upon A Time. I like both shows so far. Once Upon A Time seems like it will have a long running story line and Grimm seems to be more of a wrap things up in one episode type of show. I tend to like the longer running story line type shows. I'll keep watching both shows.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
I enjoyed the first episode. Sorry, Emma looks more late thirties than late twenties. How old is the actual actress?

That Gold/Rumple guy is pretty nasty looking, though. I may have trouble watching the series just because I can't stand to look at his face.

Excited for next week.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,343,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I enjoyed the first episode. Sorry, Emma looks more late thirties than late twenties. How old is the actual actress?
Jennifer Morrison - IMDb

She's 32. It's harder to hide age in high definition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV